Phantis Forums

Baglama or Mpouzouki ?

okey, let's take things a bit light-heartedly...

which one you guys prefer? TURKISH BAGLAMA or GREEK MPOUZOUKI?? or BOTH at the same time???

I know once a topic was opened GYRO v KEBAP, so it's the second one now :LOL:

sorry the baglama saz does not compare to the bouzouki....its too bland.....just like the doner vs gyros.....gyros is simply better. if you wanted to challenge gyros it would have to be oltu kebab or adana....then it becomes more difficult...

:rolleyes:

also baglama in greece is the name of a differnt istrument...it is basically a mininature 3 stringed bouzouki used as an accompany instrument...

okay okay... more light-heartedy exercies for you...

GREEK NATIONALISTS...

"It's not TURKISH BAGLAMA, it's GREEK BAGLAMAKI" :LOL:

TURKISH NATIONALISTS...

"We do not recognise the CYPRIOT BOUZOUKI! Oh, what? Greek??" :LOL:

UNCLE THESSALIA...

"What is a BAGLAMA? If it is of Macedonian origin, then I do not want to hear a single word about it! Oh, Turkish? Then that's worse... :LOL:

TURKISH LEFTISTS...

"BAGLAMA and BOUZOUKI are comrades and Long Live The Brotherhood of Instruments!" :LOL:

• 2 months later...

sorry the baglama saz does not compare to the bouzouki....its too bland.....just like the doner vs gyros.....gyros is simply better. if you wanted to challenge gyros it would have to be oltu kebab or adana....then it becomes more difficult...

:rolleyes:

<_< No it doesnt

okay okay... more light-heartedy exercies for you...

GREEK NATIONALISTS...

"It's not TURKISH BAGLAMA, it's GREEK BAGLAMAKI" :LOL:

TURKISH NATIONALISTS...

"We do not recognise the CYPRIOT BOUZOUKI! Oh, what? Greek??" :LOL:

UNCLE THESSALIA...

"What is a BAGLAMA? If it is of Macedonian origin, then I do not want to hear a single word about it! Oh, Turkish? Then that's worse... :LOL:

TURKISH LEFTISTS...

"BAGLAMA and BOUZOUKI are comrades and Long Live The Brotherhood of Instruments!" :LOL:

Very funny. <_<

you need to chill out man.... look nobody is asking you to like turkey for what its government has done in the past....thats ok=== you shouldnt by any means , they have among the most disturbing governments in the history of man the things they have done. The national/government aspect ruins a very nice people, but they want it that way or at least they were raised thinking they do, brainwash is part of every balkanic ethnicity, even some on greece's behalf (though personally i see less of it for greece) . I mean The military has ultimate control over the state. :o

But the government isnt exaclty the same as the people and culture. Look at American governent....and American people (depending on the area) are incredibly friendly and charitable people and have a nice way of life that as a half-outsider I can appreciate/anybody can. Same with the British too. Its similar with Turks. If you look at their government youll see only bad, but giving them a chance as individuals and as people they are different.....except on religion and politics where many will disagree/go crazy...

and besides about Oltu Kebab vs Gyros----- stomach does not have ethnos----that is the heart! but if you are mixing it with the DONER kebab than you are right,,, no competition! But I bet you have no idea what it is before you judge!

and try to take a joke... even though i really dont think turk understands......Macedonia is a greek land/people, and its not a matter of claims/nationalism its just true....read the classics, history, and history of yugoslavia and then note that the slavic people came 1000 years after the time of Alexander the Great....so....what the Macedonians dissapeared and now there is a Slavic people where in a country of Macedonia where there are no archeological findings of Macedonian artifacts? and who would have known Alexander the Great and Phillip spoke a language that would enter the region 1000 years later...see how advanced the greeks were?!? :LOL:

Archived