Phantis Forums

Hallelujah!...Samaras the answer to our goal prob

This kid is the future of Greek soccer and will have big teams across Europe put up big $$ for him very soon. Only twenty one and I have seen him play with Man City, and now at full level international and he is brilliant. Just what the Ethniki needs after twenty-years of not having a proven, and talented striker. Defending our Euro title in 2008 just became a little more realistic. Bravo re Yiorgara. :gr: :gr:

Great job so far for Samaras

he has to have broad shoulder's cause he has the entire nation and Manchester city on him

but lets no be quick to hail him as our savior

lets see him against the bigger squads before we make him oout be great

so far its a great start though

2 goals in 2 games

This kid is the future of Greek soccer and will have big teams across Europe put up big $$ for him very soon. Only twenty one and I have seen him play with Man City, and now at full level international and he is brilliant. Just what the Ethniki needs after twenty-years of not having a proven, and talented striker. Defending our Euro title in 2008 just became a little more realistic. Bravo re Yiorgara. :gr: :gr:

Come on guys, he's been poor for Man City so far and one of the goals was a massive deflection! Don't get carried away, he still has a lot to prove.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

Come on guys, he's been poor for Man City so far and one of the goals was a massive deflection!

well you know what the saying is: you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good

i bet if that was Charisteas he would have tried to just run past the defender and lose the ball in the end but i agree for the money man city spent on him he could have played a bit better until now

I believe that he's a good add-on the the team at the moment but just like most of the cooments I have to agree on giving him sometime...

He's young and he still has allot to prove to his fellow teammates at Man C. & to the Greek public at the National level...

Yeah he's 2 for 2 BUT look at the opposition.....

Lets give it sometime and hopefully all of our strickers mesh well together to REALLY get out of this goal slump that we're having...

He's the fourth player in Greek soccer history to score 2 goals in his first 2 games. Before that, it was Charisteas in 2001 (Greece-Russia 3-3) and (Greece-Germany 2-4). Charisteas became our best scorer in Euro 2004 years later. Samaras.....????

Before that, it was Charisteas in 2001 (Greece-Russia 3-3) and (Greece-Germany 2-4).

russia and germany are much better teams than kazakhstan and belarus. Samaras is a good player, who has shown glimses of what he is capable of doing. I don't see him as the solution to our problem, I think everyone can agree that we need someone who provide for our forwards, doesn't matter who you have upfront, zagorakis, bainas and whoever is on the wing are pulling the strings and really it should be somebody with a real vision for goal. I really think lybe is that guy, but I don't know why he's played as a striker at aek and on the NT. Recently against ionikos he played for a just an instance of the game behind soares and velinsky and made a great pass that cut through the defence to put velinsky through on to goal, but he was offside. I don't understand why he plays so far upfront, he's not that good at winning the ball and he seems limited to his full capabilties in that position.

russia and germany are much better teams than kazakhstan and belarus. Samaras is a good player, who has shown glimses of what he is capable of doing. I don't see him as the solution to our problem, I think everyone can agree that we need someone who provide for our forwards, doesn't matter who you have upfront, zagorakis, bainas and whoever is on the wing are pulling the strings and really it should be somebody with a real vision for goal. I really think lybe is that guy, but I don't know why he's played as a striker at aek and on the NT. Recently against ionikos he played for a just an instance of the game behind soares and velinsky and made a great pass that cut through the defence to put velinsky through on to goal, but he was offside. I don't understand why he plays so far upfront, he's not that good at winning the ball and he seems limited to his full capabilties in that position.

Totally agree! I remember when Ferguson nicknamed him the Greek Cantona. That might be an exageration but the point is he can create. He needs to play deeper.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

i bet if that was Charisteas he would have tried to just run past the defender and lose the ball in the end but i agree for the money man city spent on him he could have played a bit better until now

I do not think CITY spent all that $ for results ASAP, lucky for Samaras both strikers got hurt his 1st game there, and now he is getting a ton of playing time. Why not get excited it's been a while for this squad.

Please do not start with the Lybe talk, the man does not run left the GREENS and became a major prima donna "Fouskose to Kefalaki tou". If one of our young strikers does not mesh well with Samaras, then go with 5 mids, Karagounis,Katsouranis,Basinas,Lagos,and Stelios supporting up front.

aek21 I agree and I always said Lybe is an attacking mid player not a striker. If Otto had called him at the beginning of the WC qualifiers we most likely would have been looking at Germany right now. Lybe working behind Haristeas and Pap would have been great. As for Samaras I can understand why Arsenal were looking at him. I think he's going to be excellent before you know it. Huge potential.

Archived