Phantis Forums

HEllenicstreams.com has been shut down (EPAE)

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

I got up this morning to an email from EPAE stating legal action will be taken if we do not take our site down. and that hellenic streams through streaming a game once in a while is causing serious damage to EPAE.

"This action violates the exclusivity of the audiovisual rights of our company and causes a serious damage."

As said before, this was suppose to be something fun and it was while it lasted. My brother and I got a chance to learn a lot about how the technology and it was cool. Sorry but we will have to stop playing with streams.

We both have jobs and did not mean to cause any trouble, this was something we did for fun with out any malicious intensions agains EPAE.

Sorry guys, but try to find other ways to watch the games. I have enough going on in my life right now and do not need any law suits from EPAE for "an illegal use and manipulation concerning the streaming of several Greek football games, whose exclusive rights belong to EPAE."

THanks guys and again sorry.

I can't believe that EPAE is capable of sending e-mails..or capable of controlling internet sites which are broadcasting games..

My friend I think its a fake e-mail..if its not, that means that the pay sites of the others should be also closed, or not?

Its a fake e-mail for sure..like those of the banks I receive every day..its easy to write an e-mail using the name of the EPAE or of a bank for example ;)with logos..etc..

You offer sth free in the same time others demand money for it :whistle: ..I hope you know what I mean..

The email was not a fake, that was the first think i checked. The ip from the mail server it came from originates in greece, as well the email was sent in with 2 pdf files which were the actual content of what they wanted to express to me.

Lastly the email was cc:'ed to [email protected].

I am taking this as my first and only warning. Like I said I have much more to risk than gain by continuing to run the site. At most I would just post links that already exist from radiofono.gr or other sites which have been run or have a link to www.live24.gr and what not. This way I am NOT a provider of any streams and I will not post any links for events whose rights are owned by UEFA or EPAE or any other organization.

Sorry but I have to step a way from this now.

As well, with in the email is the name of the legal advisor from EPAE who was the person to contact if I had any objections with their email. I am not contending anything with an organization like epae or uefa, let it be just listen to radio stations from greece to listen to the games as I had done before had as well.

Guest trypas13

TRIFILARA it's too sad that free streams get more difficult to get. But I am glad that services like L i v e g r e e k e v e n t s are still around and give us the chance to watch our games even if we have to pay once in a while (whover can afford to pay of course).

The fact that you call them "kleftes" doesn't neccessarily makes them such since they don't steal anybody's money without giving anything in return. I read in here that they are a lot of expenses involved to run these streams and even free streamers are thinking of charging. Does this make them "kleftes"? Unless you know something we don't.

I am sure that the authorities have contacted them if they are illegal. But some people can afford to get into legal battles and operate a few more months (especially if they make money) while others can't. Some people take the risk while others prefer to be safe.

I personaly bought the game from them yesterday since I had no other option and I can tell you that the picture and sound was EXCELLENT. Don't ask me how they do it (I know nothing about streams, I just thank everyone in here for providing them to me all this time) but I sure am very pleased that a service like this is around.

TRIFILARA it's too sad that free streams get more difficult to get. But I am glad that services like L i v e g r e e k e v e n t s are still around and give us the chance to watch our games even if we have to pay once in a while (whover can afford to pay of course).

The fact that you call them "kleftes" doesn't neccessarily makes them such since they don't steal anybody's money without giving anything in return. I read in here that they are a lot of expenses involved to run these streams and even free streamers are thinking of charging. Does this make them "kleftes"? Unless you know something we don't.

I am sure that the authorities have contacted them if they are illegal. But some people can afford to get into legal battles and operate a few more months (especially if they make money) while others can't. Some people take the risk while others prefer to be safe.

I personaly bought the game from them yesterday since I had no other option and I can tell you that the picture and sound was EXCELLENT. Don't ask me how they do it (I know nothing about streams, I just thank everyone in here for providing them to me all this time) but I sure am very pleased that a service like this is around.

trypas13... please know why i call them kleftes to begin with before u run your mouth...

the pll who run that site... where the 1st pll to provide FREE streams here on phantis.... but all along it was a ploy to build up a website and charge pll.... even though they said they would NEVER ask for money for wat they where doing!!!!!

if u like giving your money away to kleftes then by all means do so :)

to me ... they are the scum of the earth!!

Guest trypas13

TRIFILARA, I don't think you have any proof to what you are saying here. I may not be a very active user but I read these forums every day trying to watch football. To my understanding the streams in here started by some people that wanted to help us all watch for free but they had to stop because they received some email like Kapsolas did. What else could they do? Can you also accuse Kapsolas of lieing? If you go back in the forums you will see that many others attacked them very hard (you included) and these guys disappeared since then. Even if they wanted to continue the streams for free in private you gave them no choise. You were screaming back then "revealing" everybody the truth. Can you save us now by showing us some free games?

But lets say that you are right. Lets say that these people "used" the users in here to learn how to stream and start charging. Does this make them "kleftes"? The creators of Google started in the garage of their house having their whole neighborhood testing them for free. Then they started charging. Are they theaves now? I call it business. We are using Sop to watch the games in here. If the creators of Sop start charging us to use their software in the future will they be thieves? Now they are saviors, but then they will be thieves? A thief is someone that takes something from you without giving anything in return (donations excluded). I don't think anyone took anything from me, did anybody else gave those guys his bank accounts numbers?

I don't know. I may see things differently than you. But that's just me. And I just hope more sites like Kapsolas could stay up. If not possible, I again hope more paid sites can popup and give me the pleasure of my games.

TRIFILARA, I don't think you have any proof to what you are saying here. I may not be a very active user but I read these forums every day trying to watch football. To my understanding the streams in here started by some people that wanted to help us all watch for free but they had to stop because they received some email like Kapsolas did. What else could they do? Can you also accuse Kapsolas of lieing? If you go back in the forums you will see that many others attacked them very hard (you included) and these guys disappeared since then. Even if they wanted to continue the streams for free in private you gave them no choise.

But lets say that you are right. Lets say that these people "used" the users in here to learn how to stream and start charging. Does this make them "kleftes"? The creators of Google started in the garage of their house having their whole neighborhood testing them for free. Then they started charging. Are they theaves now? I call it business. We are using Sop to watch the games in here. If the creators of Sop start charging us to use their software in the future will they be thieves? Now they are saviors, but then they will be thieves? A thief is someone that takes something from you without giving anything in return (donations excluded). I don't think anyone took anything from me, did anybody else gave those guys his bank accounts numbers?

I don't know. I may see things differently than you. But that's just me. And I just hope more sites like Kapsolas could stay up. If not possible, I again hope more paid sites can popup and give me the pleasure of my games.

where did i say Kapsolas was lying u idiot???

If u can read... i asked... since Kapsolas was sent this email from the greek authorities and told to close his website... WHY is the website of these kleftes still up???

i will say it 100000 times.... pll from that website are scum of the earth.... end of story.... if ur a moron and pay to use their services.... good luck to u...

i see you use the word "buisness" ... and if u had read all the threads on the matter like u said.... u wouldnt be saying half the things u are........ ON that particular matter i agree with u.... BUT there is a difference to someone saying they will NEVER charge for what they are doing.... but in that whole time striving to do the oposite... use pll as goats in hope they will use their webiste... ... there is the difference... IF from the start they said.... "blah blah boys and girls we are thinking of making a website and we will charge a free for our service.... so on and so on... giving pll from outside of greece a chance to watch their team...." .... i would be the 1st to use it...

You are yet another newbie poster out of nowhere in favour of those kleftes.... geeeez i wonder why :LOL: please know what your talking about before u make stupid comments in future!!!!

Guest trypas13

You are right! I'll shut up! I am an idiot. And since you know how to use the word right, you are beyond help. Especially when you have no proof to support a case. Just call everybody an idiot and you are covered!

People like you though make forums look empty from users.

I guess I'll remain silent. Good luck to you TRIFILARA.

Ziaka im just informing this idiot(as he called himself)... that he knows nothing about the matter...

trypas13, im able to call any1 i want a Klefti... its my opinion on them... so please dont write ur crap trying to pursuade me otherwise....

as for the forums being empty... thats quite a funny comment since the majority of pll on here actually agree with me on the issue...

once again ur commenting on something u know nothing about....

nice 1 idiot :)

guys all i can say for myself is that i was sent this email from authorities and i will respect it. maybe it is a fake maybe not, I for one do not know 100% if it is fake, above i listed the factors that make me believe it is not fake.

For sites that are pay sites, well in reality they are in the same boat as me.

they are doing one of the following:

1. ignoring any emails they get

2. somehow set up something with epae and received legit rights to show games, which i highly doubt.

in either case, i did my best while i could for free and i am not going into private and pay, not worth the fasaria.

just wanted to be clear about what i received and what happened.

it was fun while it lasted, when i receive an email like that it is not fun anymore.

trypas13 they are kleftes because they profit from other people's efforts, footballers and coaching staff in this case.

Olympiakos stream their home matches legally, so AEK do or will do. I hope PAO wake up and do it as well so that there is no reason for anybody to pay these people.

Guest trypas13

Now allow me to be devil's advocate and ask you this.

So what makes you dear manos think that everybody including myself that looks for free streams less of a klefti than the one who does the same thing under a payment?

What makes a free streamer less of a klefti from one who does it under payment, which is a matter of choice the way I see it. I much prefer free ofcourse like everybody else no question about it.

I've read a couple of weeks ago that someone was even thinking of adding a donation icon for people to contribute to his expenses, which I find appropriate cos I understand the intermediate expenses that a streamer would have. Same thing is also done at blue-white GT and a find it absolutely right, even though you had people like trifilara rebelling over there too. an trust me for the stuff you find over there they are not legal either :).

In the same sense we should also be judged for the same reason for posting or looking for free streams through this forum.

Unless you think that the players, or the teams or the channels like you mentioned do not lose money even from this forum.

I don't believe your argument stands 100% my dear friend.

Peace, and I really hope there is a way kapsolas or someone else streams for us for free out there. I wish there were a legal site that I could even pay and watch without feeling the silghtest doubt that I am paying and that I am 100% legal, contributing money to the right people.

Since there isn't one though, what choices do I have?

I wonder if there is a way to register an email with epae. One of our old friends at that other site may have created the email address [email protected] in order to shut down a another site that shows the game for free. A free site on the internet would be great competition and keep everyone from paying for their games.

Guest trypas13

One thing is I don't know the guy. all I've seen is some past posts of his. And why would you also relate me to Vasillys or gastone?

Second thing I am expressing a personal opinion.

Third of all my intention is to see the legal issues arising from those streams, and listen to everybody's opinion, not trying to convince anyone to do something legal or illegal.

If Speaking my own mind makes me your enemy so be it, but it is sad relating someone's free opinion to someone else that I do not know of. Who is this gastone or Vasillys anyway...lol?

So whoever speaks of something different in here is related to some people who bring bad memeories? Viva la democracie! as the french say.

So please answer the questions to my arguments rather than bringing up arguments that do not stand for a fact. Maybe arguing does some good sometimes and helps people with good intentions afterall like kapsolas make his next moves and help us all on this matter? why don't you express your own true opinion rather than accusing someone who probably has a different opinion than you being accused of being someone else? This is what I call mud when someone has nothing to say.

Is this how this forum works? Nice!

Archived