Phantis Forums

AEK: Bound for CL or yet another letdown?

JohnnyTheGreek

What do you all make if their latest 6 game winning streak (against low-ranked oppostion, but even so)? Do you think we'll be able to pull off a championship this year, or will it be another fumble in the end?

I don't want to jinx it, but how do you feel the team is looking overall, based on the games they've played so far?

well u know that it will be a very tight race at the end

question is who will come out of the smoke clear

i personally believe taht Olympiakos will take the top spot even though we haven't played well at all but we have beaten both AEK and Pao away from home

while the 2nd spot will be a upheavel battle

AEK did beat Pao but at home

with Pao being so inexperienced i think AEK has a bit of an edge at that area

we will all see wut transpires

Right now AEK is not ready to face CL challenge. But we show each year that we get better. The way Santos and Demis work I am sure that with 3 very good players (a Right Defender, a Left Defender, and a Striker) AEK can be transformed.

The Defence and the Midfield are quite good

I think that AEK does very well in Greece because the level of all teams is lower on aggregate (Xanthi does better, PAO and OSFP much worse etc.... ) and this shows in Europe.

To be honest I dont like the idea of being humiliated against strong opponents. I prefer going out and playing them when better prepared. However, it looks like we can make it this year. And despite AEK has no wins in the CL we ALWAYS got drawn into the Groups of relavant finalists or top 4 contenders and did very very well...

I am sure that with the AEK fighting mentality whether the opponent is big or small and the additions I mentioned AEK can do well. But we need 2 more years of good ascending course to be ready to bring points and results...

Although entering the CL will make the team money, I don't think that they are ready for CL competition.

However, we have been playing excellent football in the last six games and have only been getting better. As for the competition, (not to say that we have them beat) but we are playing on a much better level then they are.

Sure you can say that OFSP had a five game winning streak but they played well below average and were lucky that got the win.

I think that PAO's deciding match will be against Bremen. If tey get humiliated then they will have a tough winter break with the possibility of a one way ticket to Verona for Malesani. There is something wrong with the team that has to change. Germany will decide their fate in the protathlima.

I think AEK could surprise a few teams if they made it to CL. I doubt we'd progress past the group stage but we'd definitely give teams a run for their money. They're a hard-working team that will keep fighting throughout the match. As far as making it to CL, time will tell. We've got a nice lead on PAO with the win over PAOK today but that lead can evaporate in a hurry if we start dropping points in games we should be winning (like last season).

AEK is playing very well...even though today they didn't play as well as they should have. If we continue to play as a team and fight every game until the end then we have a definite shot at 1st place. It looks as if the protathlima will be decided in the big derbys.

However, second place will not be to bad.

FORZA AEKARA

Archived