Phantis Forums

Rosenborg - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comments from both coaches:

Per-Mathias Høgmo:

"We are as well prepared as we can be. The training conditions have been very good considering the time of year - we have only had to train indoors twice.

"Confidence is high," Høgmo went on. "The players felt they played well against Madrid and, although we lost 2-0 [on Matchday 4], we felt we deserved more from the game. Our win in Athens came at a time when the team were struggling in the Tippeligaen and we've progressed immensely since. The players have grown through our strong finish in the league and some good matches in the UEFA Champions League. We don't take Olympiacos lightly, though. They are a very good side, especially going forward, and I think they are better than when we faced them in Athens."

Trond Sollied:

"The statistics say we shouldn't win," he said. "Olympiacos have never beaten Rosenborg, nor won an away match in the UEFA Champions League. Rosenborg are also very strong at home and can defeat any European side at the Lerkendal.

"That's why I see Rosenborg as clear favourites, but it is not a given that they will win," Sollied, who spent several years with the Norwegian club as both player and coach, continued. "It is quite special to be back here and it's nice to meet Rosenborg in these circumstances. As for the game, we have to do our best, and hope that is enough to secure victory."

------

Sollied was more polite today than yesterday...

Weather still warm, plus 4 centgrades, it's the warmest november in history here.

It's expected more than 1000 oly fans to the match. That is seldom in Trondheim in the CL, even many norwegian teams don't come with so many fans. You are good supporters!

It's gonna be a entertaining match: Rosenborg will not play for a draw, so both teams will attack. cool.

I THINK OLYMPIAKARAAAA SHOULD LINE UP LIKE THIS.

--------NIKOPOLIDIS--------

--------PANTOS--------SHURRER--------ANATOLAKIS--------BULLUT--------

--------KAFES---------------TOURE---------------STOLTIDIS--------

---------RIVALDO-----------------BABANGIDA---------

--------------------OKKAS--------------------

i think shurrer and anatolakis are too slow.... especialy for tht youngster rosenborg have... plus if the pitch is wet anato and shur. will be way too slow for rosenborgs attack.. but to be honest who else have we got for central def.? only vallas, whose very tall and has a slow flair.. so i think were in for it anyway.. <_<

A good lineup would be this if Olympiakos are to win

Nikopolidis

Schurrer

Pantos

Anatolakis

Georgatos

Kafes

Toure

Stoltidis

Rivaldo

Konstantinou

Babaginda

if the pitch is going to be wet then kostantinou will be a better choice as u say (i.e we need him for the "psylo paixnidi" for more chances with headers) but i think if the pitch is going to be fairly dry, then okkas would be a better choice in his place.... ive heard one of ur def. (cant remember his name) is great in the air but has trouble around quick feet players....

A good lineup would be this if Olympiakos are to win

Nikopolidis

Schurrer

Pantos

Anatolakis

Georgatos

Kafes

Toure

Stoltidis

Rivaldo

Konstantinou

Babaginda

correct me if i am wrong

but isn't konstandinou out for another 4 weeeks stil l

or as he made a miracoulous recover ??

i really don't know wut to expect

Olympiakos players don't talk at all

just walk the walk get the freaking win an away win then u can talk period

Hey, Rosenborg!! Like my latest avatar? :D

It's an Italian player name Vincenzo Iaquinta who scored 4 goals vs. Panathinaikos! lmao

man what the ######? he had the game of his life the first game and scored a trash goal in the second....at least the whole team of juventus didnt have a turn with us! if you want a hero for the tragedy last night it should be Candela not Iaquinta....

anyways about the game i hope rosenborg dominates outshoots, outposseses----but OSFP has the one penalty in the end to win it. its the point that count for our league which is falling from poor performances and will take a bigger hit with the superleague so we need all the points we can get....so a 1-0 poor efforted victory for Thrinos!!! :tup: :gr:

btw---its ###### cold there. that will be a major disadvantage for OSFP.

good luck against the 7th place finisher in the Norweigian league

whose also got a $25mil. euro cheaper payroll

rosenborg may be poor but they raise their talent themselves.......Rosenborg has made the CL 10 consecutive times more than any team in europe, and they had to qualify the hard way each time... point is the talent they raise is pretty good and is better or just as good as any players that could be lured to norway or a non "big 5" league.....

anyways when the rules about homegrown talent are in place we will see a much more competitive Rosenborg cuz they will be prepared for it....

Hope so. Thanks for the nice words. I don't think the new rule will change much, though, I guess the big teams find a way around it, by shopping talents earlier.

I think the pitch will be OK, Lerkendal has heat cables and is a lot better than the national arena in Oslo, (if anyone saw the mudwrestling play-off against czeck republic)

Olympiakos-fans wrote "olympiakos" on an old building here in trondheim today, and then attacked a guy who tried to stop them. But it was also olympiakos-fans who reported the event to the police.

Not only nice guys, are you?

picture of the tagged wall and article (in norwegian):

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondheim/ar...ticle593550.ece

EKANA LATHOS STO THREAD;;;; XA XA;;;

AS I WAS SAYING.... THA TO XANAPO...

GLAROSUPA.... GLAROSUPA...

TRA LA LA LA LA....

pitty go cry about your team somewhere else.europeos o pao. :LOL: lets hope our team gets the points for greece.

I would do:

----------------------- Nikopolidis ----------------------

---------------------------Toure-------------------------

--------------Anatolakis ------- Schurrer---------------

Kostoulas------------------------------------------Bullut

---------Kafes --------Stoltidis------Georgatos---------

-----------------Rivaldo----------------------------------

---------------------------Dani---------------------------

EKANA LATHOS STO THREAD;;;; XA XA;;;

AS I WAS SAYING.... THA TO XANAPO...

GLAROSUPA.... GLAROSUPA...

TRA LA LA LA LA....

pitty go cry about your team somewhere else.europeos o pao. :LOL: lets hope our team gets the points for greece.
nai re megale..

tha kerdissete kienan agona, kie kati egine....

palioevroxeftiles

gavroi kie tourk* EXO APTIN EVROPI

Archived