Phantis Forums

Rosenborg - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

if there was ever a time for us to finally win this is it on the road

they are done with the domestic league.. finished 8th out of 14...

come on

OSFP win this game please !

Maybe.. but today the snow came here in Trondheim.. It's gonna be un-greek conditions..

This made me curious:

Major football titles : Greece 1, Turkey 0, Ukraine 0

Major basketball titles : Greece 2, Turkey 0, Ukraine 0

I knew about the rivalry greece-turkey, but do you also have a "special relationship" with ukraine? that's a bit away from you, strange..

What other country do Greeks like most, I mean, if Greece is out of a tournement, who do you hope for to win?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentina/ Portugal

in soccer i go for Brazil

but why portugal

i really have no team to cheer for once Greece has been eliminated

anywayz back to the game

that really sucks that the condtions are changing to your favor and we saw last year how that affected Pao

anywayz we need to play well and have God on our side on this day period

I thought you'd say Cyprus.. Norwegians typically cheer for neighbours, like Sweden and Denmark.

Conditions now are zero centigrades. I absolutely hate zero, I like minus ten better, zero means wet snow, wet air and much easier to become sick. But maybe greeks would look at it the other way around.

Wish I was in Greece right now..

I thought you'd say Cyprus.. Norwegians typically cheer for neighbours, like Sweden and Denmark.

Conditions now are zero centigrades. I absolutely hate zero, I like minus ten better, zero means wet snow, wet air and much easier to become sick. But maybe greeks would look at it the other way around.

Wish I was in Greece right now..

I think most people didn't say Cyprus because if we disqualify from an event then most certainly Cyprus won't continue either (e.g. World Cup). So we tend to support a team which offers a great spectacle and at the same time has the potential to advance to the final (i.e. Brazil).

personally i like it when smaller teams make a big impact on such tournaments. i just loved it when italy lost to south kerea at the last world cup. or senegal beating france. now i am hoping that switzerland will manage it to go through, since i am half swiss. :D i hated it even more that greece didn't manage it to get into the barrage matches since we could have been in turkeys place and i could have gone to watch the match. <_< :angry:

i also hope that ivory coast will play well because one of our players will be there. toure :nw:

and most probably we will be selling him after the wc.

anyway. back to the match.

even though the conditions are against us i think that we will manage to grab the win in norway. :rolleyes: a 1-0 win for us.

personally i like it when smaller teams make a big impact on such tournaments. i just loved it when italy lost to south kerea at the last world cup. or senegal beating france. now i am hoping that switzerland will manage it to go through, since i am half swiss. :D i hated it even more that greece didn't manage it to get into the barrage matches since we could have been in turkeys place and i could have gone to watch the match. <_< :angry:

i also hope that ivory coast will play well because one of our players will be there. toure :nw:

and most probably we will be selling him after the wc.

anyway. back to the match.

even though the conditions are against us i think that we will manage to grab the win in norway. :rolleyes: a 1-0 win for us.

well everybody falls for the underdog eventually

but Senegal is a great example i believe it was the first match day and then beat France defending champs at the time

South Korea made it to the final 4 due to a alot of help lets be honest about that lol

i live in the states and i was cheering for U.S.A soccer i mean they beat out Portugal to progress to the elimination stage

This made me curious:

Major football titles : Greece 1, Turkey 0, Ukraine 0

Major basketball titles : Greece 2, Turkey 0, Ukraine 0

I knew about the rivalry greece-turkey, but do you also have a "special relationship" with ukraine? that's a bit away from you, strange..

What other country do Greeks like most, I mean, if Greece is out of a tournement, who do you hope for to win?

All of these 3 teams played in the same group of the World Cup qualifyer, there we're some Turkish and Ukrainian fans from Greeksoccer.com (I visit there often) that we're talking a lot of trash about our Greek National Team, so as a reminder who owns the most titles in each of those 2 sports, Greece has 3 Euro titles combine while the Turks and the Ukrainians got nothing.

:D :tup: ;)

Castillo is staying but not on kokalis terms.... sollied invited him bak for the last chance.... maybe this will punch sumthin into this karagkiozis mind tht he cant do whtever he wants in this team.... it will show if he does mature... anyway ofcourse this is just what the press is saying but i think sollied made the final decision...

Here are the achievements for our Greek team sports

1987 Eurobasket Champions (Basketball)

2004 European Champions (Football)

2005 Eurobasket Champions (Basketball)

Norway 0 titles!  :LOL:

That's right! I was cheering for you in the euro 2004, it was cool to see you beat the big contries.

Correct, Norway has few summer sport titles. But I'm sorry to say, the match next week may become winter sport... And we're the nation in the world with most winter olympic golds through history, beeing first or second on every medals table since alberville 1992.

A temperatur scale to explain why:

+15

well lets see wut suprise if any Sollied has in stored for Rosenborg

i want a major change in line ups and more speed for that matter

we not only need to win but win with a pretty substanial way

but before we can win big we must actually win an away game

if we do nuttin else this year in Europe as sad as it sounds lets win in Norway just to get the monkey of our back in away fixtures

Well Norway's out anyway. Good luck to Italy, Switzerland and Brazil. Special thanks to Switzerland.

i second that about the Swiss

even though they to do face some type of a punishment for there actions in Constantinople

off course Turkey are repeat offenders and will likely get a very harsh penalty

Norway is out, yes. The czecks were really good and deserved to win. It's good luck to them, sweden and england from me :)

Bad move by the turks to mess with switzerland when big boss blatter is swiss. up for some problems there... :)

I believe in a draw between Rosenborg and Oly. Rosenborg is focused on the UEFA-cup-spot, and a draw would be enough. Two months ago I would have held Oly as clear favourites, but Rosenborg has improved a lot recently, and it's winter here. On the other hand, our team usually falls in quality after the season is finished. And Olys domnestic results proves that you have more potential than you have shown in Europe so far this season.

On the other hand, our team usually falls in quality after the season is finished. And Olys domnestic results proves that you have more potential than you have shown in Europe so far this season.

I wouldn't say that OLY domestic results are a sign of potential. Anyone who has watched the games can tell you that OLY has not performed, but has been able to get the result they needed. How far will their luck run?

Anyone who has watched the games can tell you that OLY has not performed, but has been able to get the result they needed.

OK, even the local newspaper here in Trondheim has written that in a few of the match reports. But I still think the results are good and the greek league is ranked as, what, 6th in europe or something?

Of course, you know this a lot better than me..

That kid Skjelbred or something was a PHENOMENAL talent!! Is he highly rated in Norway?? His passes, move and ideas made me fall in lov with him- its been a swhile since I saw such an excited unknown. I Hope AEK are awar of him!! Nice to see great new talent beginning to replace the old Rosenborg team..

OK, even the local newspaper here in Trondheim has written that in a few of the match reports. But I still think the results are good and the greek league is ranked as, what, 6th in europe or something?

Of course, you know this a lot better than me..

yeah but the level of the Greek league has gone down in the last 3 years and so

the talent has been all but diluted

the League needs to do a better job in developing talent

we don't do that then we will lie at the bottom

God i hope Olympiakos can finally end this dreadful winnless streak on the road

That kid Skjelbred or something was a PHENOMENAL talent!! Is he highly rated in Norway?? His passes, move and ideas made me fall in lov with him- its been a swhile since I saw such an excited unknown. I Hope AEK are awar of him!! Nice to see great new talent beginning to replace the old Rosenborg team..

Yeah Skjelbred is really the hope for our future, he is the first local talent in ten years (since Steffen Iversen, which Sollied tried to buy). He came as a comet this summer, almost from one match to another, he has just turned 18. He will get his first national match in january, that will make more clubs aware of him. In addition to unusual technical skills, he has the stamina of a long distance runner, and a very good attitude.

I don't know his prize but maybe around 5-6 million euro? Rosenborg has a lot of money they don't use, so they don't have to go for first offer. But I hope no one buys him just yet! Sssh!

Archived