Phantis Forums

Winter 2005/06 transfer period

Ziaka

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spears your wish might come through. Goumenos today told the media that 4 to 5 players will be leaving the team, and that PAOk will make another push for Masmanidis, who plays for Karlsruhe. here is the news from Metrosport.gr:

Our first transfer in the winter period is Nikos Arabatzis from Panserraikos. he is also a member of the Greek U-21 national team. he has signed a 3.5 year contract. It is rumored that he will be paid 50,000 Euro per season.

Posted Image

I know that he's a right mid that PAOK has been looking at since last winter's transfer period. I think that he's between 21-23 years old but I'm not 100% sure. He's supposed to be one of the best talents in the 2nd division and hopefully for you guys he develops into a good player. All that I know is that he's young and he's Greek. A transfer like this is never bad, even if he eventually fails it is still worth giving him a shot to see how good he is.

very good signing..ive seen this kid in action and he is one of the prospects of greece...he plays on the right wing but can also play on the left and in the middle...i saw him last summer and he seemed a bit small but mb hes beefed up alittle...good signing, hopefully he can thrive and learn and become a good player...paok fans should be exctied by this one...

All i want to say is that Vaggelis is the best player in the PAOK ranks and can become the next tsiartsa. Give the kid a go, he is a confidence player and needs to strength up a bit.

But Vaggellis, Zagorakis, Illiadiss, Balafas, Sikabala is one top midfield

I believe Arabatzis is right midfield, and when Feutchine wanted to leave PAOK in the summer, he was going to be his replacement. Now that Akyel is history, I believe that Kostikos will need to work something out on the right side. He will have to jugle thngs around, unless we acquire a decent replacemenrt for Akyel. Kostikos tried Feutchine at right back, but he failed in the game against Rapid. Something will have to be done on that side.

In other transfer news, it appears that Zografakis is heading to Panionios. Panionios is supposedly also interested in Maladenis and Andralas. I guess nobody wants Gisemakis. :)

Spears, I agree about Vaggelis, but he needs to stop getting so many yellow cards. This was again evident in the AEK game, where he should have received a 2nd yellow card for a stupid foul. That's why Kostikos replaced him, fearing that he would have gotten a red.

It's official, Zografakis signed a 2.5 deal with Panionios, and is no longer a PAOK player. His contract with PAOK was until June 30, 2007, and he was paid 125,000 Euro per year.

It is also reported that Panionios wants Maladenis and Andralas.

woops posted in the wrong place...

I think that PAOK should take a realistic approach to these upcoming winter transfers. The need for additional and more capable players is clearly evident but as always the cash to go out and get those players isn't there.

Some of you guys have already mentioned that PAOK needs to get rid of a few underperforming players (i.e.Maladenis). And I think I would have to agree. This is a team that should take on a policy of 'addition by subtraction'. Toss the excess waste that currently exist on the team. The 3-4 players that are doing nothing on the pitch or on the bench can be turfed along with their hefty salaries.

Give the younger kids on the squad opportunities to play and perhaps go out and get the 1-2 players needed at key positions like defence and midfield. Foreign players aren't the answer at this point. There isn't any money for that.

PAOK really need to get a RB since no one can play there except the departed Akyel and this should be Kostikos' first priority. except for that i don't really see any holes in the midfield or anywhere else and just play the youngsters, Iliadis should be playing full matches, i can really see him becoming a Tomas Gravesen type of player

Any word on this player's potential? Position?

a very good young prospect. is a natural winger who can play both wings. strong at both feet, 21 years of age. was the star in U21 game v Turkey at Inonu last June. he usually played as the left winger in U21 because Bourbos or Mendrinos usually made up the right wing. €50k a season!!! superbly low wage for such an enthusiastic dude...

Looks like PAOK will go after the Slovak defensman Marian Cizovski who plays for Zilina. They almost ruled out another Slovak defender Singlar who plays for Liberec. The problem is that Cizovski still has a contract with Zilina util summer 2006, so for PAOK to get him, they would have to pay money.

Also there is a report in Sport 24. gr that PAOk is after the 21 yaer old Jelio Pinto from Portugal.

I think the Kapetanos to PAOK rumor is just that. Baseless report by media in order to have something to write about. I don't think PAOK has that kind of money for the player. As it is we allready have as good (if not better) player to cover his position (Christodoulopoulos).

PAE PAOK has released Andralas and Koutsoupoiulos from their contracts. Andralas will join Levadiakos. Koutsoupoulos is talking with Kalamaria and Aris.

According to reports the defensive back Matej Krajcik has agreed in principle to a 2.5 year deal with PAOK. The only obstacle is his current team Slavia Prague, where he has a contract until summer 2006.

PAOK is trying out a 22-year old Slovakian defensman Marek Kostolany at practices. Kostolany's last team was some German B' division team, but he only played 5 games for them in the past year. He allready had two major knee surgeries.

Me alla logia, mono koutsa aloga gyrevi o Goumenos.

Archived