Phantis Forums

Samartean.

almamatter

Luci i saw in preseason and he played well and trained well. Weather he had a bustup with malsesani nobody knows. Hes ran out of chances and u cant expect to gain recognition in any team purely based on how skillfull u are. To me hes nothing but a troublemaker,,,one week his dads dying, the other week his gf is not happy, the other week ponai to deksi @@ tou. To exi traviksi to m#$%! too f...ken far. Malesani tou ekopse tin balla gia 3s mines after the roma preseason game,,,

Now if that is not enuf na vali mialo to po,usti den i dont know.

ALL i got to say is hes got the most skill and technique in our midfield for nothing. Wat a waste of space :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Well, I would give him a chance anyway since our wingers are dissapointing and Samrtean could be the best possible right winger.

Also Samartean could fit perfectly to Malesani's:

-------Togerlle----Manzios(/Gekas)

-----------Samartean----Wooter(/Nilsson)

------Gonzales---Conseisao(/Biscan)

Serich--Kotsios--Morris--Vydra

------------Galinovich

Well, I would give him a chance anyway since our wingers are dissapointing and Samrtean could be the best possible right winger.

Also Samartean could fit perfectly to Malesani's:

-------Togerlle----Manzios(/Gekas)

-----------Samartean----Wooter(/Nilsson)

------Gonzales---Conseisao(/Biscan)

Serich--Kotsios--Morris--Vydra

------------Galinovich

Putting seric as a DL is disasterous..I think he is even worse than georgatos in osfp(both good players but as MLs).

I agree though that a player like Sinmartean can have a place in the team...but where???

Maybe as an MR or as backup fo equi,in a 4-4-2 (always) formation

I really don't understand why you think that Serich as a left back is bad. I think that this guy is that good that he can take care of the whole left side by himself.

I mean up to now Darlas as a left back os doing Ok, but I think it is a waste to use Darlas when Serich never has a prblem defensively, while he makes his share of runs in each game.

Of course when Darlas (as a LB) covers Serich (as LW) up he is more dangerus offensively.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can remember only one player in the world that can cover all the left side by himself and this is ROBERTO CARLOS!!!

Seric,of course, is not like him so you must give him a specific role...In my opinion he is much better offensively than defensively and I think Malezani thinks the same. That is why he tried Darlas as a DL and luckily for him, and for us, the youngster proved good.

Well I thought that the only real reason Malesani used Serich as LW instead of a LB is that we have no good options for LW.

He started with Wooter as a LW (who is actually RW) and he sucked. Then he used Theodoridies and he didn't impress. Now he used Serich who did quite well.

Well I thought that the only real reason Malesani used Serich as LW instead of a LB is that we have no good options for LW.

He started with Wooter as a LW (who is actually RW) and he sucked. Then he used Theodoridies and he didn't impress. Now he used Serich who did quite well.

That is the exact reason why he used serich.....

We have no good LW, so he gave it to serich who up to now hasnt let us down...

I don't see how Sanmartean could fit in our team line up -- especially as a winger where he must run all the way back to mark midfielders or attacking defenders.

In all these years he had plenty of coaching changes and plenty of opportunities to win a spot. He has proven two things so far: 1) He has some skills 2) He doesn't have the mental toughness to be a champion.

Sanmartean has played maybe two good games in the last two years and has been posing more problems that the team cares to handle.

He does not have the guts to play Panathinaikos level football and he is taking a spot that could be taken by a more thirsty young player on the roster. Why do they write stories about Sanmartean and not about Gansef (for example)? What has he done to deserve our attention?

Agreed about the skill. He has it but he lacks the rest of the things that make the great players (intelligence, heart, drive, stamina, speed, etc). I think he is the product of urban mythology. He has done nothing in his two years at PAO to justify his reputation. Only once he has made the difference in a game (2003-04 with Panionios).

His first year (2003-04) he played 18 of 33 games, and only 4 of these he played a whole 90 minute game (Xanthi, Ofi, Ionikos, Paneliakos). He made one goal against Panionios. In the champions league he played in 3 of the 8 games. Last year he played in 6 games out of 30, and in the champions league he played only 17 minutes with Einthoven and made one goal (4-1 final).

I don't remember him turning any games around, but I do remember him playing several games with complete indifference (in Man. U. for instance).

I hope he turns his game around because I hate to see a good player go to waste. Then again Borelli took a couple of years to come around, but he didn't have the personality and health problems...

ean exi vali mialo to palikari na girisi. I have seen first hand the magika that he can produce,,,and many romanian friends i chat to over the net,,,do not understand why he hasnt gone to that next level. Adrian mutu was a problem child before malesani made him what he is today when he was at verona. Sanmartean is on his last chance and its up to him to bite his lip wait for his chances and I hope ta arpaksi giati the paidi is a baladoros,,,,is fast can score golares,,but we have only seen patches of what he can do. I hope its another borelli incident and we find the gold in this player otherwise hell be remembered for a whatif player.

• 5 weeks later...

So I take it they kept Sanmartean out all this time because they were testing him for Testosterone. Which now has been concluded that his body creates more testosterone then the average persons that's why when he is tested it shows up. Well if that's the case I think it was a very smart move to keep him out till all the tests confirmed that, can you imagine what would happen to the team or to him if he was tested and it was found that he had an increase of Testosterone? He would probably be banned and the team would be punished somehow as well. I hope everything clears up and we finally get to see him play with the team again because if it's something we are lacking on this team it is the glaring hole in Mid where we have nobody doing anything to get our Strikers the ball. I hope Sanmartean can come in and have some good chemistry with Gonzo and turn the Mid around. On a side note when will Anderson be back? Is he even practicing yet? Man do we ever need his skill on this team.

Archived