Phantis Forums

Real Madrid - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously cant believe y the ###### u guys r wasting ur time bout names.... who the hell cares wht names are... its whats in us tht count..... eleos re paidia.... i mean i preferd it wen u guys fought about ur teams rather than greek-turkish names.....

filika panta

alex

REAL 2 - OSFP 4

9' KONSTANTINOU

31' BABANGIDA

52' TOURE

65' CASTILLO

69' ROBINHO

84' GUTI

IF THIS PREDICTION COMES TRUE, I'M GOING TO START MY OWN RELIGION.

WOW!

You honestly think that Olympiacos will score 4 in Real?

You've got some BALZ to say something like that. I really think that this is going to be a low scoring match and the winner is going to win by 1 goal.

RIVO is going to make them pay! :tup:

what are you talking about? that name in no way implies that he has turkish origins. nor does someones name ending in oglou. learnt your history. by the way of surenames if someone has the name Karamanlis it in NO way implies he is of turkish blood or origin

and no offence to Turks? only to the Greeks with that name and Patzatoglou

:blink:

Maybe you should learn "your history" or more correctly, your geneology.

The name Karamanli is a throwback to the Ottoman occupation. It is a fully qualified Turkish name. Kara means "Black" or mavro in Turkish and Manli is a Turkish name much like Sanli etc.

Yes Greeks have names like Karanikolas, Karapatsas etc. These are distortions of Greek names however unlike KARA-MANLI which is in its essence a Turkish name.

I.e *NOT* of Greek origin like Papandreou or Theodorakopoulos or Georgopoulos or Alexopoulos.

That was my point. I didn't bring up Patzatsoglou etc.

His relatives were probably turncoats of the Occupation. Subjugating the Greek population of the day. I guess nothing has changed, his policies are doing the same to the Elliniki Lao a full 4 centuries later.

Of course I don't want to offend any of the Turksih poster here, they can offer you no harm as a Greek. It's the fellow Greeks you have to worry about...patriotes like Kyrio Kara-Manli.

:LOL: i think youll find your wrong. Patsatzoglou would seem to be a straight turkish name?? talk about offending people?? maybe you should not give a ###### if your offending some Turk and realise how you are spreading wrong information about your own freaking countrymen

names like that will most likey have nothing to do with geneology

Turks didnt become Greeks. Greeks became Turks. as far as geneology is conerned we have albanian, slav elements because of assimilation, but if you think anyone with the name Karamanlis or Patsatzoglou is turkish I suggest you check your theory with someone who knows abit about etymology as well as 'geneology' :whistle:

during the turkish occuptaion of greece, the turks would often demand young greek boys as a "tax" to be brought to constantiople/istambul..these boys where called "Devshirme" which is a islam word for "selection"...these boys were given greek/turk last names and were forcefully converted to islam and taught to speak turkish...some of the boys would go on to fight in the turkish army and others were sent to sultans to be further taught in art, science, literature, politcs and language...these boys then got integrated into the ottoman political system..as the greeks were gaining there indeendece, the sultans were falling apart and many of the trainee boys and other older greeks that had been brought to the pttoman empire turned around and escaped back to greece...so when you see turkish/greek last names, it is not surprising...the ottomans used the greeks who then turned on them...so you both are somewhat right and wrong...here are many areas of "mixed" last names, but your last name does not always consititue what ethnicity you are...

Guest Protathlitis

so how are my wrong? im saying that since no Turks became Greeks how can merely by one's surname you question their ethnicity

its like saying anyone named arvanitis was an arvanite. or Voulgarakis Bulgarian. that is NOT the way surename etymology works

i still believe that we have what it takes to make a difference this year..

if we can do the following in our next games..

Real vs OLY - Draw 2-2

OLY vs Lyon Win 2-1

Lyon vs OLY Draw 1-1

OLY vs Real Win 3-2

Rosenborg v OLY Win 1-2

Then we can end up with 11 points...

is this is the prediction of the century...???

so how are my wrong? im saying that since no Turks became Greeks how can merely by one's surname you question their ethnicity

its like saying anyone named arvanitis was an arvanite. or Voulgarakis Bulgarian. that is NOT the way surename etymology works

you can question there ethnicity only by first judgement...if you see the name patsozoglou, then you will probably assume it has turkish dissent...now the fact that it doesnt is another story...but if he is greek, then there isnt a question...this is the complication with etymology

Real vs OLY - Draw 2-2

OLY vs Lyon Win 2-1

Lyon vs OLY Draw 1-1

OLY vs Real Win 3-2

Rosenborg v OLY Win 1-2

at the moment it looks more like a dream

lets just take care of Real first and maybe then we can start predicting lol

Real vs OLY - Draw 2-2

OLY vs Lyon Win 2-1

Lyon vs OLY Draw 1-1

OLY vs Real Win 3-2

Rosenborg v OLY Win 1-2

kala if this happens ill worship u... LOL

Pame gia Madrid

after we won v Akraitatos we can officially think about our chances v Real

we all know Real is struggling but they are still the favourites for many reasons

like i said it before

i just hope Olympiakos comes to play and play hard

i also hope they don't have this psychologicaly block that they seem to have In Europe

Rivaldo hasn't been the player he was during the end of last season but maybe a game v Real will wake him up

Unless Rivaldo and Dani (yes, he should play) step up in Madrid, I can see a 5-0 scoreline. Sorry.

maybe you are right but there is an easier solution : "tsoukou-tsoukou" boring to death football, like that the other Greek team knows so well. Then coming back to Greece and chest-thumbing to be "the only ones deserving to represent Greek football". :whistle:

Ronaldo gave real madrid a win this week with 2 goals....he looks fit and ready for the game on wednesday.

we need to pressure the real defence and score some goals

sedra djordjevic

I think Ronaldo won't play against you guys!!

It won't make such a difference though.... :P

Archived