Real Madrid - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

at this moment Olympiakos needs to focus on there own team play

which can't beat a real team reeling

i mean yeah we should look at tape to see where are the holes at

but we need to strengthen our own position

we can't underestimate Real

like we did v Rosenborg

Rosenborg came into the game reeling and look wut they did beat us in our own house

and we all know Real is a much better team so just don't underestimate them

the internal problems within can help us but they will also play in there home and were playing away

not a good winning formula

i just hope Sollied has the club mentally prepared

meaning focused, respectful and just leave it on the pitch

and don't forget Casillas is at goal and is the only Real player playing some solid football

i mean Rosenborg goalie was tough to beat Casillas won't be any easier task

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought yo previous statement was funny, ok? so innocent... so naive

other than that, i think we are united... its only Oly that breaks that rule (and vice versa perhaps)... what can we do? life is a bits!

i was the first to wish real would score at least one auto goal in order for you to advance...

if i cant (and your team) cant do better than that...

sow-ry

ps. in a month (-2 days) it will be over... hold ur breath!

i thought yo previous statement was funny, ok? so innocent... so naive

other than that, i think we are united... its only Oly that breaks that rule (and vice versa perhaps)... what can we do? life is a bits!

i was the first to wish real would score at least one auto goal in order for you to advance...

i cant (and your team) cant do better than that...

sow-ry

ps. in a month (-2 days) it will be over... hold ur breath!

:) i know that it is naive and most probably too much to expect of osfp getting a nice result in spain. but why shouldn't one of our teams in cl grow bigger than it is for one match and win? i mean even maccabi took a good result against manu! ok, you might say that manu had already advanced, but still it is manu. even when they are playing with their third team they should be better than them. and i don't see it why it should be wrong hoping for a good result away. if not we the fans are hoping for that, who else?

i simply have our national team in mind and the great success they had in portugal. and it is time that also one of our clubs will manage to do something like that. we have the players and the coaches who could help us achieving that.

ok dude, lets unite our thoughts...

im hoping 4 the same thing...

as you could see, i modified slightly one of your statements! there is nothing wrong with hope, as mentioned, hope dies last!

as 4 Greece, forget it! kathe mera den ine pasxa!

otto uber alles!

the only way to qualify in a mondial is eki pu iparxi entonos elinismos. (ie. usa, Germany, Australia). we will be there mark my words, my friend! (as for the 10 to 0 aggregate (we will take our 3 perhaps)) but thats another story....

ke sera sera...

forget about chances, and performances, oly needs to focus on one thing only and that is do not concede a goal.

The more time goes on the more Real Madrid will get frustrated.. remember they are desperate for a win or i see this game as luxemborgo's last game..

play a 4-5-1 tactic

-----------------------------------------Konstantinou----------------------------------------

-------Rivaldo------------------------------------------------------------------Okkas-------

(Beckham) (Zidane) (Gravesen)

-------------------Djordjevic-----------Stoltidis-----------Toure---------------------------

(Robinio) (Baptista) (Ronaldo) (Raul)

-------Pantos-------------Anatolakis---------------Kapsis------------Kostoulas-----------

--------------------------------------------Nikopolidis---------------------------------------

First Half, We Play long ball into the path of Mihalis, hoping he gets a half a chance, when he receives the ball Rivaldo runs into the centre to support, Djordjevic leaves the centre to run to the left flank. Okkas uses paces for break. Real Madrid although playing majority of the game in our half have only found a few half chances. Ronaldo and Baptista tightly marked, the biggest chance was missed by Robinio, but nikopolidis was equal to the task running out to block him one on one..

Second Half and 60th Minute Oly

Replaces Rivaldo for Kafes

Babangida for Okkas

and

Dani for Konstantinou

The Winner comes 88th miunte from Dani..

he scores back at his old ground..

pittman13 dude, you keep smoking that weed. You make as much sense as that Tourko-sporiti Karamanli. Sorry if I offended any Turks, but unfortunately Karamanli is a well known "Greek" of Turkish origin. Karamanli is a FULL Turkish name. Period.

anyway...digressions aside.

Olympiakos to win by slender margin. If they can't do this then they should stay back in their swish Athens apartments and take the 3 - 0 forfeit.

Professional footballers who in some cases get in excess of 1 million euros per year should have more pride. However we all know that the Greek game is riddled with corruption.

Who can honestly say they weren't on the take. The 1 -3 against Rosenborg is an example and the 7 - 0 against Juventus was rigged for sure.

Greek national teams for years were known to dubiously lose matches heavily without following the form guide.

Anyway.. I make my self laugh sometimes. In this post I point how our Prime Minister is a descendant of Turkey. How Greek teams are involved in match fixing, but more importantly I believe that Thrylos can beat Real.

there you go folks. I must be a genius or some sort of demented lunatic.

Take your pick. :)

Olympiakos just might be able to pull off the upset. Madrid has not been playing

well considering their star-studded line-up (a weekend loss to Atletico--Demi's old

club). If the reds can channel their defensive prowess in Greece (they have yet to

concede a goal) to the Bernabeau I'd say the gavroi can beat those Spanish

fascists.

Real Madrid :nono:

Barcelona :tup:

... I'd say the gavroi can beat those Spanish

fascists.

Real Madrid :nono:

Barcelona :tup:

I agree wholeheartedly! Both on them having a chance to "upset" these primmadonnas and also that Real are fascists!

They stock pile millions and millions of euros of players in their squad and they were the favoured club of Franco the fascist dictator of Spain.

kato oi fasistes!

Xeston kokalli, however Oly to win for the battler! Show the world that we remain alive and we don't succumb to so-called giants!

pittman13, keep smoking the reefer dude. your brain will turn to mush!

u must be sick in youre heads!

do u relly beleive that real wont win this with atleast 3-0?

and if u play bulut who will he mark robinho?

u know robinho is playing on the right side where either georgatos or bulut will be playing and nomatter who of them plays it will be very very difficult.

in general u will also get all the refs decisions againts u cause cl without real madrid is not good for uefa

hey slick i agree..

thats why i put pantos on the left..

we havent got anyone else...

unless we put kostoulas to the left to mark robinhio

so it would look like this...

--------kostoulas------------shurrer----------------anatolakis----------------kapsis----

we will get destroyed if georgatos defends against robinio..

Guest Protathlitis

pittman13 dude, you keep smoking that weed. You make as much sense as that Tourko-sporiti Karamanli. Sorry if I offended any Turks, but unfortunately Karamanli is a well known "Greek" of Turkish origin. Karamanli is a FULL Turkish name. Period.

what are you talking about? that name in no way implies that he has turkish origins. nor does someones name ending in oglou. learnt your history. by the way of surenames if someone has the name Karamanlis it in NO way implies he is of turkish blood or origin

and no offence to Turks? only to the Greeks with that name and Patzatoglou

:blink:

as for you pittman13 your a clown and sit down and shut up :tup:

Unfortunately I dont see us getting any positive result in Spain....Real is Real I dont think we have a capable defense that could hold off Raul, Robinhio or Baptista our defense is good for Greece only....personally I feel if Real is in a bad night will probably eat 2 or 3.If on a good night......it'll be a LOOOOOONG night....reality is we dont have a European team (never really had) But I think this coach can prepare us towards that direction especially if Kokkalis gets his hands out of the signings business and let Sollied make his transfers come through...then we will see a huge improvement in Europe I predict 3-1 or 4-1 :(

u guys are also forgetting that Real has zero points so far and are currently behind 2 clubs who are 3 points clear in the C.L. group

i mean expecting them to have 0 points or 1 after matchday 2 is almost impossible

i mean Olympiakos is a weird team to figure out

there is over confident or have no confidence

frankly we just need to take care of ourselves and just leave it on the pitch

what are you talking about? that name in no way implies that he has turkish origins. nor does someones name ending in oglou. learnt your history. by the way of surenames if someone has the name Karamanlis it in NO way implies he is of turkish blood or origin

Maybe you should learn "your history" or more correctly, your geneology.

The name Karamanli is a throwback to the Ottoman occupation. It is a fully qualified Turkish name. Kara means "Black" or mavro in Turkish and Manli is a Turkish name much like Sanli etc.

Yes Greeks have names like Karanikolas, Karapatsas etc. These are distortions of Greek names however unlike KARA-MANLI which is in its essence a Turkish name.

I.e *NOT* of Greek origin like Papandreou or Theodorakopoulos or Georgopoulos or Alexopoulos.

That was my point. I didn't bring up Patzatsoglou etc.

His relatives were probably turncoats of the Occupation. Subjugating the Greek population of the day. I guess nothing has changed, his policies are doing the same to the Elliniki Lao a full 4 centuries later.

Of course I don't want to offend any of the Turksih poster here, they can offer you no harm as a Greek. It's the fellow Greeks you have to worry about...patriotes like Kyrio Kara-Manli.

Guest Protathlitis

Maybe you should learn "your history" or more correctly, your geneology.

The name Karamanli is a throwback to the Ottoman occupation. It is a fully qualified Turkish name. Kara means "Black" or mavro in Turkish and Manli is a Turkish name much like Sanli etc.

Yes Greeks have names like Karanikolas, Karapatsas etc. These are distortions of Greek names however unlike KARA-MANLI which is in its essence a Turkish name.

I.e *NOT* of Greek origin like Papandreou or Theodorakopoulos or Georgopoulos or Alexopoulos.

That was my point. I didn't bring up Patzatsoglou etc.

His relatives were probably turncoats of the Occupation. Subjugating the Greek population of the day. I guess nothing has changed, his policies are doing the same to the Elliniki Lao a full 4 centuries later.

Of course I don't want to offend any of the Turksih poster here, they can offer you no harm as a Greek. It's the fellow Greeks you have to worry about...patriotes like Kyrio Kara-Manli.

:LOL: i think youll find your wrong. Patsatzoglou would seem to be a straight turkish name?? talk about offending people?? maybe you should not give a ###### if your offending some Turk and realise how you are spreading wrong information about your own freaking countrymen

names like that will most likey have nothing to do with geneology

Turks didnt become Greeks. Greeks became Turks. as far as geneology is conerned we have albanian, slav elements because of assimilation, but if you think anyone with the name Karamanlis or Patsatzoglou is turkish I suggest you check your theory with someone who knows abit about etymology as well as 'geneology' :whistle:

Turks didnt become Greeks. Greeks became Turks. as far as geneology is conerned we have albanian, slav elements because of assimilation, but if you think anyone with the name Karamanlis or Patsatzoglou is turkish I suggest you check your theory with someone who knows abit about etymology as well as 'geneology'

yeap!

kameno xarti se fonazun i fili....

its the church that united, turks, Albanian, slav & Armenians and baptized them Greeks. by the way if you visit a Greek monument in Turkey, the tourist guy will claim that this was built from a civilization that doesnt exist anymore. ..go figure!

but dont get me started now, please!

these are sad stories, lets go to the funny ones: OLY vs REAL!!!

FREE CYPRUS naoum....

:LOL: i think youll find your wrong. Patsatzoglou would seem to be a straight turkish name?? talk about offending people?? maybe you should not give a ###### if your offending some Turk and realise how you are spreading wrong information about your own freaking countrymen

names like that will most likey have nothing to do with geneology

Turks didnt become Greeks. Greeks became Turks. as far as geneology is conerned we have albanian, slav elements because of assimilation, but if you think anyone with the name Karamanlis or Patsatzoglou is turkish I suggest you check your theory with someone who knows abit about etymology as well as 'geneology' :whistle:

Protathlitis,

Okay...let me repost my original post the way I intended it till you confused the issue with throwing in Patzatsoglou and the whole 'oglou clan...

I will take out the line that you have misinterpreted. Not blaming you, I think I didn't clearly express myself, however you have misrepresented my statements regarding Greeks being Turks.

BEGIN POST NOW**********************************************

The name Karamanli is a throwback to the Ottoman occupation. It is a fully qualified Turkish name. Kara means "Black" or mavro in Turkish and Manli is a Turkish name much like Sanli, etc.

This was my point.

His relatives were probably turncoats of the Occupation (meaning Greeks who chose to align themselves with the Ottomans) subjugating the Greek population of the day. I guess nothing has changed, his (Karamanlis) policies are doing the same to the Elliniko Lao a full 4 centuries later.

Look brother, if your name starts with Kara or you are related to people who's name starts with Kara I am not having a shot at you. I merely wanted to bring up that Greece's illustrious Prime Minister has a full Turkish name. He might as well be called Konstantinos Karadeniz.

This whole other stuff about the oglou's (Kiratzoglou played for SM Hellas, didn't he?) and about Greeks being Turks was your contribution. Don't pin it on me.

I am also accepting to the fact that a sizable Turkish population along the coasts and around the Black Sea (Trapezounta, Bithinia etc) would have Greek roots and have for centuries been assimilated and entrenched as Turks.

Archived