Phantis Forums

TSIARTAS SPEAKS OUT ON GREEK SOCCER

AEKMAN

:box: :box:

Well, Tsiartas has opened teh books on the state of Greek soccer in an interview on UEFA.com. Here is what he said:

http://www.uefa.com/magazine/news/Kind=16/...sId=122593.html

@ AEKMAN

I had to edit your post. Sports Club Forums have a rule about posting copyrighted material in whole. The best way to post such information is to include the web link to the article, which you also did. - Ziaka

Everything he said i agreed with except 1 completely stupid comment he made. He said greece hasen't made an impact in european football. If pao hasen't made an impact the last few years by beating teams live juve, arsenal and barcelona, and making two quarterfianls in a row then i don't know what impact means my friends.

From the article:

UEFA.com: Have you ever felt intimidated at a football match?

Tsartas: We feel terrorised here! Sometimes we worry if we'll ever reach home after a match!

Doesn't make one proud about the state of Greek football, does it? :(

If pao hasen't made an impact the last few years by beating teams live juve, arsenal and barcelona, and making two quarterfianls in a row then i don't know what impact means my friends.

Pao definitely has. But I think he meant in general... our teams are not "major threats" or "powers" in europe... and I think he also includes the NT....

tsiartas once again doesn't dissapoint when speaking his mind. however if nothing happens all this talk is useless. his right about mentality changing and that's what's gonig to improve teams and leaugue as well. his wrong about the new stadiums that will stop the violence. what's the excuse going to be when these hooligans destroy these new stadiums build newer ones. yes we need new stadiums but we need to change mentality of greek fan or if his not prpared to change keep him out of sporting events simple.

just as vassilis says this apprently venizelos lianis and floridis with epo come up with new measures to tackle violence. what new measures banning fans from stadiums and teams playing without fans same old rubbish. only now reduce points and t.v coverage. if that changes anything i'll be most surprised. how about tougher laws to chuck these criminals in jail and ban them from sporting events in greece altogether mr venizelos and co?

Hes right 100% , but whos gonna make a difference?

i cant see anyone making a difference

now in EURO2004 if we have a replay of worldcup94

which i doubt because well have Otto Rehagel and i dont think hell do the same m*****es like Panagoulias , if we dont show anything now Greek League is gonna take another 50 years step back instead of forward

I dont understand the greek hools?? I mean they have nothin' to do with the soccer they just destroy and such s%$#!.. I think bengals are cool but to through thing on other fans (stones etc) and even on the aek player is sick.. Its not an insident that the attandence in the greek soccer is soo low.. No one want too look at soccer becouse the violence and they are afraid.. The hools destroy for everyone.. AEKs low attendence will leed to problems with money et c...

How fun can it be to through stones on some fukkin busses?

The hools was one of the reason that Demis left.

The players in AEK shouldn't be afraid .. WE should hounor the players for everything that they have done..!

1. The only point that I do not agree with Tsiartas is :

Any success we've enjoyed at the national level has been solely through the efforts of the players.

I don't think that the last Greek coach ...would have achieved Portugal directly with the same players..... some flowers should also go to Otto.

2. My proposition......build the new stadiums...and then give the order to Psomaidis' Company to protect the premises....... you will see that after a short while...."ta tsogliana"...would not harm a single chair......

Greece would have intact stadiums....and Psomaidis could earn legally his money...... This would be a further progress for Greece....

tsiartas is completly right....here is another good article on greek football

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/q9962.html

this is written by a greek so he knows what he is talking about....these two articles pretty much sum up greek football as of now, and it is pretty sad....

It is difficult to imagine that the author is an Olympiakos fan !

On the other hand.......NO JUSTICE...NO PEACE....

nightsufer well psomiadis will certainly scare off many people but he isn't the answer i'm afraid. people like him, kokkalis, vardinogiannis are exactly what drives greek soccer back. while with psomiadis he made players take notice and play and made many fans not do trouble he did steal from club and just in it for that sole reason. did nothing to improve anything and left us in current state we are now.

i say bring in new tough laws to jail and ban fans who cause trouble or even large fines to these certain people. these people mono me prostimo kai time in jail tha mathoun. especially when club or family won't be there to pay for it as well.

then build the new stadiums.

OM 21: :box: Dream World?? re.. m#$%!..? I think it ok. with hooliganism but not as the one that aek have.. look at the game aek- osfp...

Why did tsiartas feel that he wodn't come home after the game? we should be anti other teams not the aek players selves..

THere are more problems at AEK than the fans...and giorgi, u know yourself that Demis is one of us. I know he was a bit pissed that he came back. I dont beleive its the only reason, because our club is full of internal crap and I beleive this is why he left. Dousan returning part of it, not all.

The fans are a small problem which can easily be fixed. When I say fans I mean the division in AEK fans.

om21 kala i know his an aekstis not doubting that that's why i love him as a player plays with so much passion. but ven he as an original would condone the violence that hpapens by some of them not all as i don't believe all are like that. like saying cause kokkalis is crook all greek businesses man are crook.

yes we have interenal problems but who's fault is that? the players who causing klikes and either want to get rid of dusan or ekviasei diokisi to get prim before season finish so they can scoot off to retiremanet?

or the committee who aren't settled and won't guarantee a home ground? or original21 who claim on website that if you fight them you fight aek? even if i'm original reading that you wonder if that these people are really mentally ok or just want to cause trouble. as if the players, stadium, past playes, other aek fans aren't part of aek and that only original is aek. DONT THEY GET IT EVERYONE IS AEK WHETHER THEY OR WE LIKE IT OR NOT POTE THA VALOUNE MUALO AND STOP MAKING IT A PERSONAL VENDETTA NA DIKSOUN OTI EINAI OI MEGALITEROI KAI POS AUTOI EINAI OI PRAGMATIKI AEK FANS AND THE REST WHO TURN UP EACH YR AREN'T. om21 until this mentality stops we're always going to have probs sorry to say. and if this is what original really stands for to show they are bigger then anyone else and to get on mme every derby then it's a sad excuse to have organomenoi.

for me the thing i like about original is getting together with friends and passionate aek fans going to any match of aek you can and chanting your team for 90mins and then congratulating both teams for efforts and even opposition if they beat us fair and square and that includes osfp, pao etc and able to talk with these fans and have a laugh etc. for me that is a great excuse to have organomenoi.

division b/w fans has happened due to dusan but will it stop even if he leaves? and what about the problem of some fans causing trouble wil lthat be easily fixed? happens every yr and nothing changes. the greek league is an aidia sketi gone beyond a joke.

Your living in a dream world if you think there is a league in the world thats like that. Not even England file not even England. My mate went to Liverpool for the Man Utd derby and first thing they said, take your earing off bc if the Scousers see anyone with an earring they will drop them because that is what Man Utd supporters wear.

You can only clean things up to an extent. Your asking for a whole race to change its attitude, its mentality.

You can put s%$#! on Original and their views, thats your opinion as it is everyone elses. Even when Dousan leaves its gone too far to fix the division....your probably right there.

Comes back to the shoe fitting every foot again....Ive had enough of this topic, I aint going to bother starting on my thoughts on other AEK organomenoi.

Archived