Phantis Forums

2nd Round?

drakos13

here are the standings

Man U 6

Stuttgart 6

Rangers 4

PAO 1

it sounds like were F***ed, but we actually have a chance I cant see us loosing in Leoforos, that is very hard to do, and we have a good chance to beat Stuttgart, especially with Papadopoulos in form. once we beat them we can count on Man U to beat Rangers and Stuttgart at home, giving them early qualification. then we need a result against Rangers, tie or draw and were definitly in europe. then Manchester United at home (they will already have qualified and in 1st place, playing the youth team who even Shoum managed to pound with Haifa, and in Leoforos I can see an easy PAO win. Stuttgart will be huge...

If we hit euro form (doubtful but possible)

it could end

Man U 12

PAO 10

Stuttgart 9

Rangers 4

and the fixtures

PAO - Stuttgart

Man U - Rangers

Rangers-PAO

Man U - Stuttgart

PAO - Man U

Stuttgart - Rangers

my friend Drakos you are dreaming!!!

First of all, with such performances up until now there is no way that we can beat any of these teams...

Second, the game against Rangers at Ibrox is the LAST fixture. The game against MAN U comes first at leoforos and then everything will be decided in the last fixture... If rangers are close to qualification there is no way they will lose against us in their own ground!!!

Thirdly, I can see a defeat in Leoforos by Stutgard as a very possible result!!!

So fingers crossed and lets wait to see what happens!!!

i may be dreaming, but its more realistic than we thought. Stuttgart didnt kick our ass that bad, we equalized against rangers with 10 men... we forget we played two away games and lost. our last loss in leoforos to Porto was bad luck, and before that? not since years ago ( in europe) if we beat stuttgart than you guys will change your minds... Manchester United is a definite win, our players will want revenge and theyll be playing the youth team. We can definitly stay in europe, just get a point in glascow, let rangers lose the other two an beat Manchester.... weve only had 1 home game remember that... anything can happen.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

That would be nice.... but totally unrealistic in my humble opinion. Look, I could be more hopeful if we had played like ...(gasp) OLY..... We've been disgraceful! Period.

Further. I think this kind of dreaming is bad because it postpones the needed solutions and focus the team should have. Even the Greek league is a very, very, very hard goal for us now, but it is the ONLY reasonable chance we've got this year. Forget CL, forget UEFA, I'm very sorry to say.

I love PANATHA but I've seen how we've played, I've seen the coach, and I've seen how stupid management/ownership is/are.

I wish it were different. I wish I were wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

The only hope for a title is that Shoum goes.

Why is that MAN U is going to play with the youth team, when at the same time they might be playing a crucial game for the 1st place of the group??

Anyway, I hope that I will be proven wrong, but I dont see things so otimistically as you do..... :huh:

Manchester United is playing us last in Leoforos

by that time - if things went as i said

goin in to the game it would be

Man U 12

PAO 7

Stuttgart 6

Rangers 4

they would have 1st place clinched and no motivation. Ya its doubtful that well perform but id say Man U beating Stuttgart and Rangers at home is probable, and if we can play like old times we can make it... if that happens we can tie or beat rangers away, then beat Man U's youth team and were still alive. not that doubtful

Check the schedule guys, the last game is Dec 9 at Rangers!!!

It will not be easy to beat the... third MANUre team at leoforos the way we play!!!

If we beat Stuttgart it will be awesome and that is as far as we can go...

A tie vs MANUre will be great

A tie at Ibrox will be close to miraculous, and could happen if all the previous results are successful.

That is a grand total of 5 points + 1= 6

if we are VERY lucky we could make it to the UEFA

If we continue the same way as before I see us getting 1 more point ..maybe!!!

If Manolis could come back by Dec 9 and is in form... I would hope that PAO would really go for the win at Ibrox, Rangers did not impress me, Stuttgart is definitely better.

KALH TYXH

PEACE

I won't tire to say: We have no team to compete in Europe (CL/UEFA). Our only goal is the Greek league, and even there we're playing terrible. We threw away 5 points (Aegaleo, Chalkidona), games that we should clear easily IF we want a title.

It hurts to say, but I'm hoping for a thrashing by Stuttgard, as this MIGHT trigger changes in the team, NOW not later. A shake-up, PERHAPS, might awaken the team and start being a little more competitive in the Greek league.

We don't need distractions, UEFA talk and other BS. We have to be honest with ourselves gents. This year we suck!

So, we lose big this week, Shoum goes, bench a few players, and bring in another coach, change the team climate..... Maybe, IF we're lucky, we might challenge OLY. The longer it takes for a drastic change, the longer PAO will be without any title.

Goddamit, it's been 7 years with NOTHING. ALL THE REST IS CRAP! We're not building anyting now but a pile of dunk. It stinks!

With the current team we have in place, we have buckleys in qualifying and even if we fluked it, we do not have the players to play seriouys soccer.

I cannot understand why we as supporters still beleive this team has a chance. We are lucky that Olympiakos drew on the weekend and the gap is only 1 point instead of being 4.

This clown shum has taken 8 games plus 3 champions league games and he still cannot work out a system with this team. Thats how good of a coach he is!

His only concern is the greek league and champions league his only tactics is not to get humiliated, as they did against man U. If you look at stuggart game you will understand on the tactics he played.

The reality is for Pao to get out of europe asap this season and concentrate in winning the greek league. If they combine these players in the right system, I beleive this cane be achieved.

Hopefully by the end of the season, shum gets replaced and vardithigianides sell out to giannakopulos and they can rebuilt a new team for next season and clean out the junk in the squad.

From what I can see Pao best combination is

Back line: Fysass, seitaridis,Henriksen,goumas

Midfiled: Basinass, Munch, Michaelsen, Samatarean.

Forwards: Vlaovic, Papadopoulos.

Fysass and Munch can combine well on the left hand side with each other covering that side of field. Mucnh showed some qualities against Halkidonas over the weekend in the midfield. I would give Samatarean a free role to roam around the centre of the park without defensive duties ( that is his weakpoint) that would give him a more attacking role that suites his game.

Effectively having a 3 man attack!!!!!!!

Michaelsen, Basinass and Munch have enough defensive qualities to control the midfield.

.. we do not have the players to play seriouys soccer.

I cannot understand why we as supporters still beleive this team has a chance. ...The reality is for Pao to get out of europe asap this season and concentrate in winning the greek league.

Hopefully by the end of the season, shum gets replaced and vardithigianides sell out to giannakopulos and they can rebuilt a new team for next season and clean out the junk in the squad.

From what I can see Pao best combination is

Back line: Fysass, seitaridis,Henriksen,goumas

Midfiled: Basinass, Munch, Michaelsen, Samatarean.

Forwards: Vlaovic, Papadopoulos.

Fysass and Munch can combine well on the left hand side with each other covering that side of field. Mucnh showed some qualities against Halkidonas over the weekend in the midfield. I would give Samatarean a free role to roam around the centre of the park without defensive duties ( that is his weakpoint) that would give him a more attacking role that suites his game.

Effectively having a 3 man attack!!!!!!!

Michaelsen, Basinass and Munch have enough defensive qualities to control the midfield.

thank you, my thoughts exactly. I wish more of our fans saw the (unfortunate) reality...

as for the kind of play you describe, I agree too. I disagre that Shoum should stay until the end of the season though. He must leave now, shake things up, and the new coach should give an ultimatum to the players.... Give all to win the title, or be-gone by the end of the season.

Archived