Phantis Forums

Second place... and in Germany!

trifilli

Imagine the situation. Greece has taken first place with two matches left, now, would they relax, or would they go for wins for national pride and the fact the national team dosent play that many games and needs good runs under its belt. Ukraine are gonna play for wins. I have no doubt Turkey will drop points because of this. Qualification depends on if we beat denmark or not.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

turkey will be making a transition, new coach. At this point I think it that it's a very risky move. Greece could end up using this to their advantage. If we don't slip we could make up for lost ground and qualify.

Assuming that the Ukraine wins their next game against Georgia (away), Ukraine will clinch first in the group and will not need to take any points in their remaining games. Now, someone has already mentioned that the Ukraine may still play for pride and also to maintain their unbeaten record. This may be true. However, don't forget that the Ukraine's coach, Oleg Blokhin, has played and coached in Greece and may have some strong sentimental ties to our country. Of course, this did not help in our games with the Ukraine, but I do not think he will play soft and allow Turkey to win at our expense.

:LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Why is it so funny, JerkCell? Dont get cocky and think you'll easily win in Ukraine. This team whipped you 3-0 in Turkey and have been the best team in the division.

Guest GreekSoussou

Greece will qualify guys. Dont get over worried. Would you rather play....

Denmark

Kazakstan

Georgia

OR

Instead of Kazakstan play Ukraine. :gr:

Guest GreekSoussou

and Albania instead of Georgia. MY Bad.

But still Greece still has a more favorable schedule and will qualify

Greece cant win in Denmark---- why ?

Look at Confederations Cup-----no comment....

So If we beat Denmark in ISTANBUL we can play for a draw in Ukraine....cause we know that Greece can loose (and maybe will) against Denmark....

But if Turkiye doesnt win against Denmark..... ok than it is over for Turkiye and Greece can go for all...but I dont think so.... :rolleyes:

Why is it so funny, JerkCell? Dont get cocky and think you'll easily win in Ukraine. This team whipped you 3-0 in Turkey and have been the best team in the division.

Ukraine IS NOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE GROUP

THEY HAD MUCH LUCK---ESPECIALLY AGAINST GREECE....GREECE PLAYED millions time better ... they had more chances and played technical much bettwer as the ukrains...

it is a question of time they will loose...and Turkiye will beat Denmark and Ukriane you will see....

Guest GreekSoussou

Turkey won't beat either. Three reasons why

1. Ukraine will still be playing hard trying to get a perfect qualifying record. They won 3-0 away against, I can't see them losing at home.

2. Denmark still believes they can qualify, and are in desperation mode right now, causing them to play better in my opinion.

3. The big one. TURKEY JUST GOT A NEW MANAGER. The change will not be as smooth as most of the Turks think. I believe Turkey will....

Beat Albania 2-0

Tie Denmark 1-1

Lose to Ukraine 3-1

And Greece

Beat Georgia 2-0

Beat Kazakstan 4-0

And Beat Denmark 2-1

Greece qualifies and Turkey is ousted on a big blunder by the management by firing the manager in the middle of qualifying

my Ukraining friend told me

that Ukraine won't just let Turkey come to there home turf and give them the win

he told me the Coach doesn't have that mindset

and he told me that the club would be playing with no pressure at all and that will be the edge they need from a team feeling alot of heat

but listen all this can';t happen if we don't win out

its that simple win and your in

Turkey won't beat either. Three reasons why

1. Ukraine will still be playing hard trying to get a perfect qualifying record. They won 3-0 away against, I can't see them losing at home.

2. Denmark still believes they can qualify, and are in desperation mode right now, causing them to play better in my opinion.

3. The big one. TURKEY JUST GOT A NEW MANAGER. The change will not be as smooth as most of the Turks think. I believe Turkey will....

Beat Albania 2-0

Tie Denmark 1-1

Lose to Ukraine 3-1

And Greece

Beat Georgia 2-0

Beat Kazakstan 4-0

And Beat Denmark 2-1

Greece qualifies and Turkey is ousted on a big blunder by the management by firing the manager in the middle of qualifying

My greek friend what you forget is

as Ukraine won against Turkish Team they were in a rebuild phase....

NOW ....the team has the right players in the forward and espescially in the defense... I dont like the new Coach Fatih Terim but I know that he has his own system that works.....

Turkish team has now new generation of players ...nobody can say that they will loose or win ....I think they are all young and technical the best what Turkey can offer so they will beat the Denmarks and Ukrains I think cause they are highly motivated and technical stronger than Ukrains......

Why Did Ukraine only won 0:2 in Kazaksthan??

Turkey won 0:6 against them.... you see we have more strikers who can shot more than just one goal...

...But we will see

And Greece

Beat Georgia 2-0

Beat Kazakstan 4-0

And Beat Denmark 2-1

Who will shot all these goals??

Charisteas?? Basinas?? Karagounis??

Ok Karagounis is the best player of Greece..but I dont think Greece will shot more than one goal in Denmark..I think it will be a tie...

Posted Image

New Coach : Fatih Terim ...winner of UEFA CUP 2000 Finals  in Denmark

He will add new palyers and Hakan Sukur to the Turkish Team....

..first Game in August 2005 against in Bulgaria.....

Don't compare that pic with this of Rehhagel hoisting a much more prestigious cup:

Posted Image

my Turkish friend thinks there is some politics behind this decision to bring back Terim, good to know were not alone in the politcs game either. turkcell do you also think there is some politics here as well? my friend thinks if Turkey doesn't get 3 points from Denmark 2nd place is lost

my Turkish friend thinks there is some politics behind this decision to bring back Terim, good to know were not alone in the politcs game either. turkcell do you also think there is some politics here as well? my friend thinks if Turkey doesn't get 3 points from Denmark 2nd place is lost

of course --> politics and second place lost....if we loose against Denmark....

I dont like Fatih Terim but he is the best Turkey can offer.....

A foreigner wouldnt be good in this situation ...Fatih Terim knows all players in Turkey very good and he was succesfull in Europe.

If we loose against our Viking friends than Denmark will not loose in Denmark against Greece....I think

Now it is the time for the strikers of every team.....

Nihat Kahveci will be ready and Hakan Sukur will be added (Hakan Sukur is at 100%) and Turkey will have at least 6 strikers who can score goals.....

If your strikers cant shot goals than you cant go to Germany....simple what?

<_<

Guest GreekSoussou

Charisteas will come back and score.

Dellas will score a goal late in a game to win

Zagorakis will get a couple

Karagounis will get a couple

Vryzas will get one as well.

Ukraine beat Kaz 2-0 and Turkey won 6-0 but that was because after two Ukraine played like a 10-1-0

Ukraine beat Kaz 2-0 and Turkey won 6-0 but that was because after two Ukraine played like a 10-1-0

Ukraine plays 10-1-0 -thats true ... but how did greek team play against Turkiye?

Hellas played 8-2-1 against Turkey.... Ukraine has the same tactic like Greece...this makes me a little bit afraid.....

If we loose against our Viking friends than Denmark will not loose in Denmark against Greece....I think

If DK beats TK, then GREECE only needs a tie in DK.

You might be correct, DK may not loose vs GRE, but may NOT win either :gr: :tup:

PEACE

If DK beats TK, then GREECE only needs a tie in DK.

You might be correct, DK may not loose vs GRE, but may NOT win either :gr: :tup:

PEACE

Yes but if we loose against Vikings and beat the Ukrains-???And Greece against Denmark ends with a tie?

Than we have the same points.....not good for greek team

--You must know turkish team plays better outside....at their own stadium they are too much under the pressure of their own people.....

...So it is very very possible that Turkey can win in Ukraine...

Guest GreekSoussou

...So it is very very possible that Turkey can win in Ukraine...

Dont be too sure of that my friend. Ukraine is solid no matter where they play, and Turkey will have it's hands full.

Dont be too sure of that my friend. Ukraine is solid no matter where they play, and Turkey will have it's hands full.

yes youre right --it will be hard for every team....

but it is fact that turkish team plays better outside......But if i look to the gree team they play better at their own stadium....

THEY HAD MUCH LUCK---ESPECIALLY AGAINST GREECE....GREECE PLAYED millions time better ... they had more chances and played technical much bettwer as the ukrains...

it is a question of time they will loose...and Turkiye will beat Denmark and Ukriane you will see....

What are u talking about "Lucky"?. Having not lost a single match, being 7 point ahead of seccond team with 3 matches to go in a group consisting of euro campions, denmark and turkey. U say thats luck? Yes i agree 100% that ukraine was very lucky agaisnt greece in the seccond game, but thats the only game where ukraine had the luck. Think before u make these kind of statements, and try to back them up, instead of just speaking nonsense.

Hope ukraine beats turkey, giving greece a chance at seccond place.

What are u talking about "Lucky"?. Having not lost a single match, being 7 point ahead of seccond team with 3 matches to go in a group consisting of euro campions, denmark and turkey. U say thats luck? Yes i agree 100% that ukraine was very lucky agaisnt greece in the seccond game, but thats the only game where ukraine had the luck. Think before u make these kind of statements, and try to back them up, instead of just speaking nonsense.

Hope ukraine beats turkey, giving greece a chance at seccond place.

listen carefully!

ukraine WAS totally outplayed in both games against denmark(they got 4 very lucky points)

ukraine scored the winner in the 96 min. in their 2-1 away win against kazakstan.

ukraine was again totally outplayed in the whole match against turkey in their away win 0-3 they scored 2 very lucky goals with turkey playing powerplay outside their penalty area for allmost 90 mins.

and finally the match against albania where so even they could easely have lost it.

i know this cause i have seen all their games live on tv

Archived