Phantis Forums

Charisteas missing next 2 qualifiers?

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/news/spo...date=04/03/2005

Just found this on the Phantis front page :o :( . This could be a huge loss, considering we have no proven alternatives at striker. If I were Rehaggel, I'd start Amanitidis and Gekkas up front, as we have speed and if our midfield is at full strength, could feed them the ball (and score for that matter). Though I doubt this would be the case, Hopefully they can finish their oppertunities (Gekkas is leading the Ethiniki A in goals scored, so we know he's capable). Vryzas would be a good late sub as establishing his veteran presense could allow him to possibly help out whoever remains late in the game. I'd also have Salpingidis, (and possibly Papadopolos, depending on his form) in the squad as well.

Georgia has a good defense based on their AC Milan right back (begins with an A___daze dunno exactly :bangin: :unsure: ). Albania's is still challenging, but less so (they did play very well and our oopertunites were there in the 1st game Except they're goalie played well and we couldn't finish :( ). Let's see what the specifics are of Angelos injury before we rush to Plan B though... <_< :unsure:

Here's the match report's descrption of Charisteas's injury, sounds kinda odd dosen't it :unsure: <_< :

"ADO pressed on for the equaliser and brought on a forward for a midfielder. Almost, Stoeve helped his side draw level, but his shot was blocked by Julien Escudé, who played a good match. Ajax countered through Charisteas. The Greek went by 'keeper De Vries but could not give the ball any power and he hurt himself in the attempt. In the final minute, ADO had a huge chance. Heitinga wanted to let the ball run over the end line, but the snow slowed it down and Edson kept it in and passed it in front of the goal. There was a scrimmage before Stekelenburg's goal and finally Smith shot it. He missed and the Ajax defence played it very well. Babel, who replaced Charisteas, set it up and found Rosales. The Argentinian winger decided the cup match: 0-2."

This DEFINTIELY doesn't sound good for us guys.

No matter what you all know how important he is to our squad. I really think that he's the best stricker in Greece at the moment. This doesn't look good and I hope that King Otto has an "ACE" up his sleeve because I agree w/ the comment that was made above about the Georgian Defence. It's going to be tough to get through thme and we're going to need all the fire-power we can get.

Any ideas of who can replace Charisteas just in case he isn't back in time? Please don't tell me Papadopoulos....

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

the defender u r talking about was the left back, its kaladze, cafu is on the right, but yes i agree with the defence comment, especially if they play a closed game as we say and dont play anoixta...i think the key is to get the early goal, as for the strikers, i think we should put 2 out of amanatidis, papadopoulos, gkekas, but i dont think gkekas will be figuring he hasnt been called up till now...we shall see

That's why the team requires another 2 good strikers in case things like this happen..we can't rely only on one player...am not worried if Aggelos doesnt play against Georgia or Albania. I beleive the NT has the offensive players to do the job.

I still hope it's not serious and wish him a quick recovery.

Guest Protathlitis

Georgia has a good defense based on their AC Milan right back (begins with an A___daze dunno

yeah its Kaka Khaladze and hes fit again....I think you mean that arveladze who plays for rangers (I think)

georgia is a good team and is better than albania and maybe even turkey

i think Charisteas will be made available for the Albania game

reason being the Georgia game is first

he won't be a 100% and can't play 2 games in a span of four days

tough blow if this is wut i am thinking

but time to see wut Amantidis is all about

most of our goals have come through the midfield but it hurts the team no doubt

That's why the team requires another 2 good strikers in case things like this happen..we can't rely only on one player...am not worried if Aggelos doesnt play against Georgia or Albania. I beleive the NT has the offensive players to do the job.

I still hope it's not serious and wish him a quick recovery.

i agree with u, y is everyone shiting the pants now :huh:

so what his injuried, were a team not individuals?? where is ur faith, these teams will b beaten 2-0 & 2-0 respectivly coz we r the European champs not the chumps :gr:

stay positive guys :box:

chameleon65 you're right, when things like this happen, we need backup. Gekas and Amanatidis need playing time w/ the team so they're ready. Vryzas up front alone won't work; he's just not dangerous enough. It's too bad Machlas hasn't been w/ the team since he would be an excellent alternative at this point. Yes, he can still play and score. And he's the same age as Vryzas. Gekas won't be a starter for these next 2 games unfortunately since he doesn't have any experience w/ the team. We need Salpiggidis in there as well! The only thing I see happening is Vryzas starting w/ Amanatidis up front. But maybe Haristeas will recover on time!

most of our goals have come through the midfield but it hurts the team no doubt

Ah I do believe that most of the NT's goals have come on set plays(corners, free kicks, penalties).

Well if Aggelos doesnt play it be interesting to see what happens and who will Otto use up front. We never know what can happen.

i agree with u, y is everyone shiting the pants now  :huh:

so what his injuried, were a team not individuals?? where is ur faith, these teams will b beaten 2-0 & 2-0 respectivly coz we r the European champs not the chumps  :gr:

stay positive guys  :box:

Ever notice how easy we lose faith whether it's with the Ethniki or even our club teams? This is not support!

You know what really pisses me off is when watching the matches at a sports bar, and you get some jerks (old and young) who constantly swear like "A re ton m*&^%aka, etc. and react viciously when one of our players makes a bad pass or shot. I hate that atmosphere.. :tdown: Yeah we get frustrated and disappointed but man some ppl's blood pressure skyrockets.

Many think who have no clue about playing football that it's easy and just sit there on their asses and bitch.

I just get the feeling people in general are waiting for the worst to happen. <_<

:gr: Moving on up

Archived