Phantis Forums

A' Div: Iraklis - PAOK

Ziaka

PAOK's nex league game is against Iraklis at Kaftanzoglio Stadium. The team will go for a 3rd straight win in the league, but it will not be easy. It is expected that some of the new players we acquired during the transfer period will start.

This game has a tie written all over it, but as a biased PAOK fan, I will predict a 1-0 PAOK win with Mieciel scoring the deciding goal. ;)

yeh the handbal lwas definetely a handball offence saw highlights of it game. it was as if the guy was playing volley.

crowds was around 10,000 with iraklis fans invading pitch to celebrate the 1-0 again. if that is allowed i say every teams fans do the same thing just invade after every goal dont worry about time lost etc.

seems to be common in thessaloniki aris now iraklis fans.

Yes , we did not deserve to win. A draw would probably have been the fair result in this game. PAOK played strictly defensive game until the 60th minute, when Salpi lost a good chance to open the score. Once Iraklis scored we started playing offense, but it was too late. On top of that the ref decided to influense the result by not giving a clear penalty to PAOK, when kapetanos decided to play a goalie in his own box. I have a feeling this ref (Spyropoulos) must be an anti-PAOKtzi, since it is not the first time we had problems with him.

The new players got a chance to play. Megahed showed some good things. Mieciel only play for a short time, showing that he was rusty after not playing for over month and a half, but proved to nbe more effective in the 15 minutes he played as opposed to Giasemakis, who once again proved that he has no place on this team. Zografakis was mediocre.

Next game is against Kallithea at Toumba.

A disappointing result but with this ref, a lot of things had to be expected. This guy is all over the papers in Thessaloniki. Nasty business that football.

Anyway, I'm encouraged that Megahead and Mieciel played well. Hopefully they'll both find their top form before the end of the current campaign.

Kallithea...ouch! PAOK will have to come out strong for that one.

Archived