Phantis Forums

Olympiakos v Deportivo La Coruna

NYC_Olympiakos

THE BIGGEST F***EN TRAVESTY IN THE HISTORY OF SOCCER!!! NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE A I SEEN A WORSE CALL, NOT EVEN IN THE GREEK LEAGUE!!! 3RD MINUTE LONG BALL UP THE FIELD BY DEPORTIVO. ONE DEPOR PLAYER AGAINST SHURRER, SHURRER SEE'S THE BALL IS ABOUT TO GO OVER HIS HEAD, HE INTENTIONALY REACHES UP AND STOPS THE BALL AND SAVES THE GOAL AND THE REFEREE DOESN'T EVEN GIVE HIM A RED CARD!!!!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN A HAND BALL THIS BAD SINCE KARAGOUNIS AGAINST PORTUGAL IN THE FRIENDLY!!! HOLY CRAP WHAT A FREAKEN TRAVESTY!!!!!!!!!!!

want travesty my friend?

how about the disallowed goal in monaco

we would be in the next phase by now

worry about your own team

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRAVO PAIDIA BRAVO KERDISATE ALLO SKOTOMENO KAFENIO OMADA POU VARIOUNTE POU ZOUNE. KITA TOUS MALAKES MILANE GIA TO EUROPEAN DREAM.GOOD LUCK LOOOOOOL IN ANFIELD,,,,UZ ARE GONNA NEED IT KOTES

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

before u talk about kafenio at least we won 3 games vs kafenia

u guys tied arsenal on their worse form of the season

lost 1-0 to PSV where the combined shots were 2 and beat rosenborg on thier worse days

and lets not forget rangers

so we have 3 coffeed while u have 1!!

Olympaikos

we deserved to win today from all the opportunities we created

we should have won this game easy 3-0 but like always in C.L. we need to make it hard and difficult but will take it anyday as long as we win

Okkas had a awesome chance i mean i don't think u pratice those in pratice thats how open he was and blew it

(in my honest opinion i believe he was trying to put a move like he did vs Monaco against Roma where he fakes the goal keeper to commit)

another great chance came from Kafes he got a beautiful touch pass only to hit the crossbar and Giovanni he is the tallest player i the pitch jumped as high as he could and wasn't good enough on the rebound.

i mean this match had the makings of despair but Olympiakos best player in the last 8 years proved himself once more stealing the ball from the m**** and passing it to Rivaldo for a quick touch pass back to Drodjevic who made sure he put the ball in the back of the net

Karaiskaki went nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but as always Olympiakos still needed to make this victory difficult as Nikopolidis did a m*****a but thank god Antolakis was there to clear up the mess

Panos 13 we going to finish in last??????????

now look we still didn't wrap up things

we need to go to liverpool and at worst get a goal and lose by one

Bajevic said it best that they will go to Liverpool for the win and thats the right mind set

history says Olympiakos will choke in end

history says Olympiakos will lose away

history says Olympiakos will lose bad away

history says Liverpool the 4 time European Champions will impose there will

history says all these things and Olympiakos is here to change its history in a positive way

the experts had us finish last in the group

Olympiakos will need to play there style they will be playing a beat up Liverpool team but they are still dangerous especially at home and Greek teams historically don't play well on English soil

Olympiakos sites will be on the win and i know all of u think i am crazy but a win should the objective here Olympiakos wins there first place and they avoid teams like Juve, Man U,Barcelona.

But could sitll face a Milan but wutever

were going to England for the win and that will be Olympiakos mind set

i mean Deportivo v Monaco will be played in Spain, Deportivo won't just throw the game away b/c they have no goals this campaign and would at least like to spoil Monaco

Rivaldo looked good on the pitch not great but did great threats with is passing as he did set up Okkas and Drodjevic

England we are coming

Guys, we are sick of the inane attempts of gauroi to convinve us that PSV or Arsenal are kafeneia and vazeloi to insist that Monako, Liverpool and La Coruna are mediocre teams: please get over the fact that your worse opponent is doing good and enjoy the sucess of your teams :tup: (I hope both make it).

Auto an sunehistei upotima tin noimosini olon mas re paidia!

Magia tou ellinikou podosfairou pou einai pano apo autes tis omades!! :tup:

I support PAO but under no circumstances will I say that good European teams like Monaco and Liverpool are easy to defeat.

Happy thanksgiving for the "Americans".

Guys, we are sick of the inane attempts of gauroi to convinve us that PSV or Arsenal are kafeneia and vazeloi to insist that Monako, Liverpool and La Coruna are mediocre teams: please get over the fact that your worse opponent is doing good and enjoy the sucess of your teams :tup: (I hope both make it).

Auto an sunehistei upotima tin noimosini olon mas re paidia!

Magia tou ellinikou podosfairou pou einai pano apo autes tis omades!! :tup:

I support PAO but under no circumstances will I say that good European teams like Monaco and Liverpool are easy to defeat.

Happy thanksgiving for the "Americans".

well said on that

these teams in C.L. are here for a reason and its b/c there good

now we still got a tough test so will see

Olympiakos are the second most consistent Home Team in the CL this season... Juventus made 3 out of 3 at home with scoring only 3 goals and so did Olympiakos! It's some success to be out of a tough group like this...

Congratulations Olympiakos!!! :tup:

a good win and a step closer to advancing..forutnalty for you guys liverpool just suffered another iinjury as garcia will be out for a month through another injury..liverpool are just getting no love with these injuries this year...anyway..i well played match...depor gave some tough play at time but overall didnt look wuality..oly took advantage and could have scored another two goals if okkas could finish from 2 yards out..depor carves afew chances and i think oly got alittle lucky with that hand bal..but you guys played a pretty solid match...

I am now going to SHOCK everybody here....

Synxaritiria stous gavrous. I really mean that. I watched tha match last night and was impressed by your attacking style and the chances you created. Oly deserved to beat this poor and hapless Depor. But hey, if Depor is poor it's not Oly's fault. You can only beat the team that is put in front of you, as the saying goes in England whoever they are.

So well done. But a few things to also mention.

I have seen many Oly games in Europe but this is the first time I have been impressed by their play. It reminded me of many PAO games in Europe. IAt one point I thought I was watching PAO in disguise :D

I think on the balance of the group, you deserve to go to the 16 and try your luck there. But you will have to score more than just one goal at home. You had three mediocre teams at Kraiskaki this year and you struggled to put them away. So more goals are needed.

Antonaki dropped a clanger near the end which could have cost you big time. and by the way, an intentional handball is at least a yello card no matter if you are the last defender or not.

Liverpool will NOT be as difficult to beat with so many o their players out through injury. This is your great opportunity. Even if you lose 2-0 at Anfield Monaco will have to beat Depor in Spain to put you out. I can't see that happening and Monaco don't travel very well.

In a way I feel sorry if you don;t make the 16 because to be fair you deserve it...

There, I said it. I can't believe I wrote all that. Now I am going to the doctor to check if I am still sane :P

I have seen many Oly games in Europe but this is the first time I have been impressed by their play. It reminded me of many PAO games in Europe. IAt one point I thought I was watching PAO in disguise :D

For once in your life you sound sensible....but that bit I quote you didn't need to mention. Oly has a very different style of playing than Pana. It's very hard to contain some of our players into a defensive type of play, that's why every time we get possession we always pass the ball forward (and not backwards orto the right or to the left like Pana does to annoy their opponents... the well-known tsoukou-tsoukou football). Which means in general Oly creates more chances than Pana in the game, whereas Pana plays basically for the one chance that will come across. If it comes and goes in ...fine, otherwise the game is not won...

Also Oly keeps clean sheets and has a so good defense playing with 4 at the back in a straight line... which is a million times harder than playing with 5 like you with Rene (or the national team with Dellas), because if the off-side trap that we played so fine yesterday doesnt work, then the keeper is exposed with the opposition striker... Whereas you play much more safe with one additional defender who cleans everything up, but that takes you away one player from the midefield or attack....

For the Oly's transformation this year we have to say a big thank you this season to the one and only Dusan Bajevic... B)

For once in your life you sound sensible....but that bit I quote you didn't need to mention. Oly has a very different style of playing than Pana. It's very hard to contain some of our players into a defensive type of play, that's why every time we get possession we always pass the ball forward (and not backwards orto the right or to the left like Pana does to annoy their opponents... the well-known tsoukou-tsoukou football). Which means in general Oly creates more chances than Pana in the game, whereas Pana plays basically for the one chance that will come across. If it comes and goes in ...fine, otherwise the game is not won...

Also Oly keeps clean sheets and has a so good defense playing with 4 at the back in a straight line... which is a million times harder than playing with 5 like you with Rene (or the national team with Dellas), because if the off-side trap that we played so fine yesterday doesnt work, then the keeper is exposed with the opposition striker... Whereas you play much more safe with one additional defender who cleans everything up, but that takes you away one player from the midefield or attack....

For the Oly's transformation this year we have to say a big thank you this season to the one and only Dusan Bajevic...  B)

I agree with some of that and only if you apply it to this season alone. THIS SEASON IN EUROPE Oly is playing attacking football and with good defence but please don't have me believe you have been playing like this in previous seasons because as everyone knows your defence until last year was a carnival for every team you played. Also until this year, your attack was non-existent in games away from home.

Overall, I don't agree with your assertion that PAO plays very defensive football. This season we have scored more goals than you in Europe. But yes, we do play a totally different style.

In previous years PAO was more attacking than this year. But our team is gelling and improving.

Now le's see if you, for once can achieve the feat of sounding sensible :D

I agree with some of that and only if you apply it to this season alone. THIS SEASON IN EUROPE Oly is playing attacking football and with good defence but please don't have me believe you have been playing like this in previous seasons because as everyone knows your defence until last year was a carnival for every team you played. Also until this year, your attack was non-existent in games away from home.

Overall, I don't agree with your assertion that PAO plays very defensive football. This season we have scored more goals than you in Europe. But yes, we do play a totally different style.

In previous years PAO was more attacking than this year. But our team is gelling and improving.

Now le's see if you, for once can achieve the feat of sounding sensible :D

I will disagree. Oly had proved in the recent years that they can play:

good attacking football only (eg. Oly-Bayer Leverkuzen 6-2 , but we conceded easy goals and thanks to Ele we avoided a goal from Basturk when we were 0-1 down),

good defensive football only( eg. Real Sociedad - Oly 1-0, but we didnt create any chance at all),

as well as...neither attacking nor defensive football (!), eg. Lille - Oly 3-1.

The thing is that Dusko Bajevic has managed to make the team play both at the same time... Good defense, but with a lot of creativity as well... This was supposed to be the main problem of the Greek teams so far... the fact that they couldn't be good in both sides of the pitch simultaneously...

Dusan - Dusan :nw:

As for you... I don't think you have shown anything interesting in terms of creativity this season in Europe. The fact that you scored 1 goal more than me so far is irrelevant.... 4 out of your 5 goals have been scored outside the box!! Scoring from 50 yards out (especially if the defender puts the deflection :P ) is not a chance :tdown:

we were picked to finish 4 out of 4th place

and what have we done shocked the world

and when the whole group is within 3 pts of each other shows u how tough the compatition is

there will always be 1 team that will suck and this year it was depor

our groups the last 3 years have been us

last time we advanced at least to the uefa was 2000 so this is good for us

lost 1-0 to PSV where the combined shots were 2 and beat rosenborg on thier worse days

and lets not forget rangers

so we have 3 coffeed while u have 1!!

perfevt explanation mtl ilithio lol

explanation= MR IJAAK SHOUM

so how did that stop PSV from taking more shots

I can understand u guys firing blank but what was your defence that great !

Well done to the Gavroi. It's all well-deserved.

At least the gavroi have some substance in Europe. Although Monaco, Depor and Liverpool are not in their best condition you still have to show up and win. This only team and coach have learned from past lessons in having to have a strong defence in order to succeed in Europe.

Nikopolidis, Shurrer and Rivaldo have given the team a spine and Bajevic' tactics have been spot on. Apart from the 1st half in Monaco, the gavroi's opponents have not created situations.

It will be unfair on the gavroi if they didn't qualify. There has never been a better time to get a result at Anfield (or lose 2-1) than now. Cisse, Baros out leaving them with the Bykowski and Bembah of Liverpool and to top that they also lose their Gonzalez( Luis Garcia) whith their Kirgiakos (Josemi), receiving 20 stitches after a chlash of heads which will put him out for a while.

I'm glad that Oly won but could have put the game away and advance to the next round with an xtra goal. I also think it will be a pity if Oly don't advance but I think they will.

Would really like to see PAO in the next round and have 2 greek omades. It will be exciting yet again for greek football.

Bravo Gavroi.

one thing that got exploited yesterday was nikopolidis in the air...he looked terrible in the air..he seemed to misjudge every ball and dropped acouple close ones..hopefully your defense was their to cover him but this is definityls omething antoni needs to improve on..for oly and for ellas...he made a great save off of a luque freekic, bu his performance in the air was poor...good thing your defense was solid cause he screwed those balls...anyway..a good win and alot of good chances...i swear, if okkas could score, you guys woulda won 4-0....

Archived