Phantis Forums

Olympiakos v Deportivo La Coruna

NYC_Olympiakos

Thi is a forum for discussion and as such I have expressed my opinions. I did not insult the other posters so why others insult me I don't understand.

Ok, granted that my opinions may be provocative but I can't help that. I feel that Depor will win this game and Oly will eventually finish 4th in the group.

Only time will tell if I am right or wrong.

So I apologise if anyone is offended by my predictions!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say a 0-4 to DEPOR!!!!

I see LUQUE and PADIANI having a party!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup: :nw: (I got Luque in my Fantasy football team...)

ill agree with a 4-0 win for depor. they are a last minute team.....

papou- what are you smoking to pick up a deportivo forward? they havent even scored a goal this year in CL!

:D

i also just read about this on sportnet. except tristan they will be missing three other players: pandiani, andrade and viktor.

osfp on the other hand will just have to do without mavrogenidis.

i think it'll be a bad match. both teams will have a lot of pressure on them and will be playing very carefully.

osfp will have a good chance to secure the progression to the next round (in combination with a good result of monaco-liverpool).

deportivo on the other hand will have a lot of pressure because they havent got a win or a goal on their count.

like it has been said already in this topic, there wont be the same teams playing like in the first round. both have played some matches. i hope that our new "old man" signings will help the team with their expirience. rivaldo is still able to change a match with one or two actions and the fact that we are playing at home mustnt be underestimated either.

i'll say it'll be a 2-0 for osfp.

the stadium will be full, 90 minutes to play. lets hope the people in there will have something to celebrate.

OLY should win this game without too much difficulty. However, I do not see a weakened Liverpool side getting the win, or even the draw, at Monaco. That will leave it all to play for in Matchday 6. Even on the road, Monaco should be able to defeat Deportivo, which will give Monaco 12 points. That means that OLY will have to go to Liverpool looking for a result to advance. Now, a "result" in this instance means avoiding defeat by 2 goals (OLY has the advantage of the 1-0 home win), which is better than needing a win or a draw. However, even against a weakened Liverpool side, this is still OLY on the road in the CL. In other words, a point is no sure thing. Still, even if everything plays out like I've described above, OLY can advance to the next round, even with a loss, as long as it is 2-1 (or other 1 goal loss where OLY scores). This being the case, perhaps OLY will get that elusive first road win, in a game where they do not actually NEED the win to advance. Or maybe they will celebrate advancing, even with another road loss. Either way, it's going to be high drama.

look this is all very wishful thinking but we need to take care of business first

Tristan not being there does help our cause considerably but they still got two pretty good players in luque and valeron. Deportivo haven't scored a goal yet and thats wut scares me the most i mean when will that first goal come i just hope it can stay away for one more game.

The fact that all of u in this room are pratically givin Olympiakos the win here is making me more nervous were used to trying to prove u guys wrong now u were agreeing with us . u just better not jinx us

back to the game we will have a full squad w/0 Mavrogenidis

so i mean we have alot of advantages here being in first place, playing the last place team in our respective group, appears the stronger and more talented side and off course the all important game being played in Karaiskaki which is the biggest advantage here.

I know Deportivo La Coruna came back from hell vs Milan last year but that game occurred at the Riazor so i hoping they won't just find the net or target here.

now can somebody answer me one question here ??

if we win our game vs Deportivo La Coruna and Monaco v Liverpool draw does that give Olympiakos the automatic berth to the next round due to the fact that Olympiakos will be 3 points ahead and holding the tie breaker over Monaco since they have an aggregate lead 2-2 due to the Okkas away goal?

and look as for Liverpool at Liverpool will worry about it when time comes

now lets get ready and lets go Olympiakos make us proud

The fact that all of u in this room are pratically givin Olympiakos the win here is making me more nervous were used to trying to prove u guys wrong now u were agreeing with us . u just better not jinx us

Olympiakos11, should we change and start saying Oly's gonna lose? Then what?

just kidding :)

Should be an interesting match.

Well ok, I have to change my predistion because of what happened to Depor best players over the weekend.

It seems like this is again Oly's lucky year. First they get a mediocre draw with teams that are doing very poorly this year, then they have their opponents one by one lose their best players.

I say Oly will beat Depor 1-0. Liverpool also miss all their strikers but I still say Liverpool win it 1-0 because as lucky as Oly are they are still incapable of beating anyone away from home.

Asuming that OLY beats Deportivo, OLY will advance with a Liverpool win or draw against Monaco. This is due to the fact that OLY has a better head-to-head record against Monaco. Personally, I would like to see an OLY win and Liverpool draw so that OLY can then go to Liverpool with no pressure and still knock Liverpool out of the CL.

It seems like this is again Oly's lucky year. First they get a mediocre draw with teams that are doing very poorly this year, then they have their opponents one by one lose their best players.

Well...we were lucky indeed to avoid the super-power of European Football (Roseborg :D ) and PSV Eindhoven (a team that has never progressed past the group stages of the CL...and as it seems this year with the pelati Panathinaiko at last they'll do it :D ). Not to mention Arsenal...the biggest loosers of the english football when it comes to crossing the borders for some european action....

Now last year's finalist and semi-finalist of the Cl are nothing in comparison with these big guns that I just mentiones above. Not to mention Liverpool FC who has won more European titles than you have domestic ones...

Mate...I'll tell you something: Oti kserw egw apo astrofysiki, ksereis esy apo podosfairo... Asto, kopsto kalutera giati de se paei... :(

It doesn't compute, it doesn't compute...

I am talking about your logic.

You make fun of Rosenborg and yet last time you played them they crapped all over you 5-1. But your argument is that was many years ago when Rosenborg were much better and you can't compare 5 years ago to now.

Granted.

But then you think Liverpool are great and strong because they have many European honours from another age!!!

So which is it. Does history matter in all this or not? Should we not just look at the CURRENT strengths of teams? It makes far more sense to do that.

In which case your group IS full of no hopers. I mean anyone who watched Liverpool at Middlesboro on Saturday will tell you they are a Kafenio. Should it matter that in the 80s and 70s they won 4 European Cups? Did that help them against Middlesboro? Only n your deranged mind it matters what they did many years ago with a totally different set of players, coach and set up.

and of course Depor are playing their worst football in recent history and Monaco are nowhere near the form they showed last year.

So just count yourself lucky. You might fool yourself by those kinds of words but the rest of aus can see things far more clearly. Anyway, don;t let me dampen your joy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

if i were in your group, i would still considier the matches difficult because all matches in europe are difficult, but i would much rather be playing the teams in your group striclty because their form is currently bad...they are good teams..no doubt about that..they have alot of quality, but thats not the only importance in football...their form plays a big role and curently, the teams forms in your group so happen to be pretty bad and your happends to be good...im not saying you dont deserve the points that you have, im saying that in the present state, the other teams in your group are dipping majorly in form and have alot of big injury problems...thats the way football goes...instead of fighting that FACT, why dont you just agree and consider yourselfs lucky...i agree, youve played very good ball in certain matches and at certain times, but your results also have to do wih the form of the other team...your form is high, theres all are significantly low...this is a fact in football...anyway, good luck to oly vs depor tomorrow...it will be a very interesting match..

I t will be a very difficult match

I will be quite happy with a little 1:0

Depor is a tough team

I am following la Liga for a long time, and they know how to bounce back, even without one or other striker

They have a very good FK shooters so I hope our players will refreain from foolish fauls near the area (Victor, Sergio and Valeron among some others like Capdevila, the butcher)

Tough deffence - Andrade (portugal NT) and the a/m Capdevila who you do not want to meet in a dark alley or even on a football field (He had sent people to hospital without considaration) Good goalkeeper too.

Middle of the field - Mauro Silva and Valeron

Also they have Pandiani that can in a good day score hat tricks and Scaloni. Did I say Luque? Pedro Munitis is an old fox... I think I have said enough

SO no easy game. Needs a lot of concentration and luck, and good arbitrage to beat them

I remember that they have played in Greece against Oly and acheived a point.

If they achieve a draw with goals the goal avewrage will be in their favor

So, read this post again, and I hope Bajevic reads it Remember Milan last year!!!

I forgot the veteran Fran, whom I hav seen scoring not long ago, an excellent wing player

And I hope that after the match you call me a coward and much ado about nothing

What I know is that I started my group as the team coming from the 4th group of the draw and I am no.1 now :angry:

On the other hand, you entered the group as a team that came from the 2nd group of the draw (and you were proud as you thought you're something special) and now... if you didn't have all the luck of the world in the first game, you would be rock bottom. <_<

Please use your brains, to see what that means...

What I know is that I started my group as the team coming from the 4th group of the draw and I am no.1 now :angry:

On the other hand, you entered the group as a team that came from the 2nd group of the draw (and you were proud as you thought you're something special) and now... if you didn't have all the luck of the world in the first game, you would be rock bottom. <_<

hahahahahaha....clueless

super-depor will win this game with ease!

they are once again close to top-form. villareal-depor 0-2

i believe it will be a similar result or maybe even 1-3 to depor. :LOL:

and then dragon -shiit can go to anfield to get a result :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

even without cisse and baros pool will smash dragons wacky team :box: :box: and send them back home to sit in their kanabe and watch pao cruise in europe :nw: :nw:

super-depor will win this game with ease!

they are once again close to top-form. villareal-depor 0-2

i believe it will be a similar result or maybe even 1-3 to depor. :LOL:

and then dragon -shiit can go to anfield to get a result :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

even without cisse and baros pool will smash dragons wacky team :box: :box: and send them back home to sit in their kanabe and watch pao cruise in europe :nw: :nw:

u guys must reeally be jealous seeing us in first and u guys 3rd while still trying to beat 1 good quality opponent

how can y say kafenio

hahahha luck? what do you call Liverpool, Monaco, Deportivo? we dominated rosenborg, they had 2 posts but that was with galinovic who is terrible....

talk s%$#! tommorow but Deportivo are more determined and serious, thats the most dangerous team in the group towards the end of the stage.....and with new form...

yeah u are #1. till tommorow, by one point above 2nd and 3rd. not much to talk about.

speaking of using your brains, lets try to learn english.

I = Egw

We = Emeis

If we had good luck Basinas wouldn't have missed his penalty kick. If we had luck the referee wouldn't have called that bogus penalty for Arsenal, where even the english commentators were saying it was bogus. If we had luck PSV wouldn't have scored off of a lucky deflection in the 82nd minute. Please try and understand that everybody has their good luck and everybody has their bad luck. Those who take advantage of and use their good luck are more successful than those who don't.

This is how i like it our arch-rivals saying were going to lose makes me feel alot better lol

of note Pandiani will be playing for Deportivo La Coruna

Deportivo did arrive to Greece today but came very late due to delays at there homeland.

Back to the game i mean i read about the Bajevic conference there is nothing else that can add about the game except its a huge game

a must win at all costs in my view and we will see which Olympiakos team will show up

Archived