Phantis Forums

Transfers in january

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody,

Like I said on another post, Panathinaikos is not a well known club in Spain or France. Who's the star on Panathinaikos, Femerling? :LOL: The people here only knows Panthinaikos as a good basketball team, not football. In Europe, Olympiakos have the respect of Europe because they have a golden ball player, Rivaldo.

go back to the corner you came out of :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ur jst as bad as Dragon fly!!!

Hi everybody,

Like I said on another post, Panathinaikos is not a well known club in Spain or France. Who's the star on Panathinaikos, Femerling? :LOL: The people here only knows Panthinaikos as a good basketball team, not football. In Europe, Olympiakos have the respect of Europe because they have a golden ball player, Rivaldo.

LOL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How about BEFORE Rivaldo arrived?

How much respect did they have when they lost 7-0 to the youth and reserve team of Juve? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's years known that olympiakos is the most known greek team in Europe.....

With the addition of Rivaldo learned about us almost the most unknown countries..

How many 'years' is this fact known for? please explain on what basis?

This is a response I wrote to Dragon who made the same stupid statement on another thread so I just paste it here for you. So enjoy; and...if you want to make a response make sure it's backed up with facts that resemble mine. Not just because you think so.

READ AND WEEP:

You are right, IOly ARE the most famous Greek team in Europe :o :unsure: When PAO beat Barcelona in the quarters of the Champions League Oly were more famous than PAO!

when PAO reached the UEFA Cup quarters and beat Porto away, Oly who as usual weren't even in Europe were more famous!

when pao reached the second group stages if Champions League ahead of Arsenal, Oly were more famous even though they went out!

When PAO reached the Champions League semis against Ajax in 96, again Oly were the most famous Greek team in Europe!

When PAO played in the first ever Champions League group format in 1992 alongside 7 other European giants (Barcelona, Sampdoria, Red Star etc.), Oly from nowhere became more famous to all Europe!

When PAO made the UEFA Cup quarters in 86 (for that time this was a great achievement for Greek football) and beat Juventus along the way, Oly were most famous Greek team in Europe!

When PAO reached the European Cup semis in 1985 and lost to Liverpool in the semis, even then your little team were the most famous Greek team in all Europe.

EVEN in 1971, when PAO reached Wembley in the final of European Cup, even then..., Oly were the most famous Greek club in Europe!

Man, you are so right you know. But I don't understand how come that PAO had all the European exposure, while Oly became the most well-known and biggest Greek club to Europeans!!!!!!

Hi everybody,

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Are you from Spanish suberbs of Pireaus? I have actually been to both Barcelona and Madrid and nobody has even heard about Olympiakos.... Nor did the English which I have spent almost 10 years of my life there, nor does the rest of Europe which I have visited most of the european countries...... ;)

Anyway the man is allowed to have his views.... :P

It's years known that olympiakos is the most known greek team in Europe.....

With the addition of Rivaldo learned about us almost the most unknown countries..

How many 'years' is this fact known for? please explain on what basis?

This is a response I wrote to Dragon who made the same stupid statement on another thread so I just paste it here for you. So enjoy; and...if you want to make a response make sure it's backed up with facts that resemble mine. Not just because you think so.

READ AND WEEP:

You are right, IOly ARE the most famous Greek team in Europe :o :unsure: When PAO beat Barcelona in the quarters of the Champions League Oly were more famous than PAO!

when PAO reached the UEFA Cup quarters and beat Porto away, Oly who as usual weren't even in Europe were more famous!

when pao reached the second group stages if Champions League ahead of Arsenal, Oly were more famous even though they went out!

When PAO reached the Champions League semis against Ajax in 96, again Oly were the most famous Greek team in Europe!

When PAO played in the first ever Champions League group format in 1992 alongside 7 other European giants (Barcelona, Sampdoria, Red Star etc.), Oly from nowhere became more famous to all Europe!

When PAO made the UEFA Cup quarters in 86 (for that time this was a great achievement for Greek football) and beat Juventus along the way, Oly were most famous Greek team in Europe!

When PAO reached the European Cup semis in 1985 and lost to Liverpool in the semis, even then your little team were the most famous Greek team in all Europe.

EVEN in 1971, when PAO reached Wembley in the final of European Cup, even then..., Oly were the most famous Greek club in Europe!

Man, you are so right you know. But I don't understand how come that PAO had all the European exposure, while Oly became the most well-known and biggest Greek club to Europeans!!!!!!

I don't know why do you and your mates (vazeloi) are saying yet about the wembley when all europe know about the flowers !!! Newspapers of that days are the witnesses that no one can argue..

You should avoid to talk about that ....

1) You beat porto away but you lost easy at your stadium...it is well known that panathinaikos is very weak at his stadium when olympiakos is known around europe that is one of the most difficult and hard stadiums to win...(either karaiskaki or oaka)..

2) You say about the win at Holland but you don't say about the 3 goals from lietmanen (who?!) at oaka!! ...You just are happy for one lucky win without any sense of tactic?...

3)We have make a lot of big wins that all europe had at first paper of newspapers...

4)May we have never win outside of our stadium but we have never a defeat to our stadium from teams such sturm grac,porto and many many other..(Only Juventus at Rizoupoli and Manchester United won us the last 21 years!!!)

5)The same time you had 4 goals at 17' ar riazor !!(The best record in europe of how fast can a team score) , la corunia never won us in there!!

6)We won Santos of Pele....(no comments)

7)When is the last game you remember that panathinaikos played well in Europe???!!!!

8)Did you listen any olympiakos fan to be proud about a win in Europe at the same time that he may disqualified from the same team at his stadium or outside it?Only you are proud of these kind of games!!We are proud for qualifies such as vs Monaco with a lot of star players ...

9) Rivaldo, Giovanni & much more world star soccer players at the same time you transfer raguel , maric , zutautas and gonzalez!!

10) You must really have something to say or something to show (championships,cups ..) when you want to face the biggest club in your country....

The truth is that Olympiakos became well-known in Europe after being bashed 7-0 by Juventus. it's a scoreline everyone is going to comment on...

It's also true that Olympiakos raised their profile with the signing Rivaldo and who ever hadn't heard of the 7-0 result looked to find out them now...

On the other hand, PAO is well known not in getting humped but on merit of Greece's best ambassador in European football.

PAO's ranking of 16th in Europe as opposed to Oly's 50 odd is quite commentable...

But I must say, Olympiakos are going to stay in the history books forever that 7-0 is the greatest losing margin ever in the history of the CL and with great difficulty will be surpassed, not even Maccabi Tel Aviv would lose by that margin.

It is obvious that you don't know much about football but I am in a good mood today and I will get into the trouble of answering to each of your questions one by one...

1. Where exactly do you base your argument that you are hard to beat? You havent been playing in the champions league or "protathlitrion"efore that for ages... Between 1988 and 1997 you were playing in UEFA cup (if you were lucky to even go to UEFA because there were seasons that you were left out of Europe). Moreover I remember many Home losses of Thrynos starting with the more recent(Man Utd TWICE 0-2 and 2-3!)..... If I go further back I can remember Tsernomorec or Ilektropoutere or whatever their name was....

2. Litmanen Who huh? Well Litmanen who has won the CL the year before to a team that was 2 years unbetaen and reached the final against Juve the same year which by the way, 'Litmanen who' scored again in the final as well, and Ajax lost to penalties....

3. Tell us one!!!! (Apart from the 6-2 against Bayer-destroyed-ksylokopous-kafeneion who finished 2nd in the group only because they were competing againts the biggest P....a ths Eyrophs AKA hrynos and Macabbi!!!)

4. How about Macabbi, Herenfen, Molden, Cypriot teams, and the half of the other Balcan teams.....

5. The game you are refering to ended 4-2 and La-Corunia needed a lot of luck to actually get away without a loss at OAKA...... 4-2 is better than 7-0!!!!

6. No comments indeed. Do I have to remind you that one of your Skerpania players of the time BROKE Pele's leg at that match? (Or are you too young to remember this?)

7. Not so long ago... A week or so back against Arse-nal we played football that you haven't seen in your wildest dreams against a team who could actually pass the ball....

8. I am not sure what you are trying to say here.... I am not even sure if you know what you want to say...

9. Indeed world class... So world class that no other team would even buy them for free!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: How about your former-world class... Yekini, Alves, Founes, Oforique, etc etc

10. We have a lot to show compared to other who show monkey-championships, cups, Kabaretzoudes, Efthymiadides and all sorts of scandals wrapped around the Greek football history!!!

So I suggest before you write stupid posts like that without even thinking because you expose your self to the public!!! :P

The truth is that Olympiakos became well-known in Europe after being bashed 7-0 by Juventus. it's a scoreline everyone is going to comment on...

It's also true that Olympiakos raised their profile with the signing Rivaldo and who ever hadn't heard of the 7-0 result looked to find out them now...

On the other hand, PAO is well known not in getting humped but on merit of Greece's best ambassador in European football.

PAO's ranking of 16th in Europe as opposed to Oly's 50 odd is quite commentable...

But I must say, Olympiakos are going to stay in the history books forever that 7-0 is the greatest losing margin ever in the history of the CL and with great difficulty will be surpassed, not even Maccabi Tel Aviv would lose by that margin.

im sure all of europe noticed panathinaikos lose also 5-0 to manu

and im sure they all know PAO has never brought homt the C.L trophy

too bad europe does not know PAO are the biggest cry babies in ALL OF EUROPE

if this was a geography test PAO would beat PAO anyday but in terms of actually winning the big one we are still both tied at 0

The gavroi can try and spin this as much as they can. 5 goals are scored quite often each season..7 though..well that's another (gavro) story.

We both may have 0 cups but that fact is that there is a differance in how far you actually have gone in a competition on several occasions as opposed to being thumped and only ever having played twice(92-93, 97-98) in Spring in European Comps in your whole history as oppossed to us having played 9(70-71, 84-85, 87-88, 91-92, 95-96, 99-00, 00-02,02-03, 03-04).

That's a big, big differance and if you look how far went went we were the club with the smallest budget always.

The facts speak for themselves...when you reach semi's a couple times and play in a final, come back and chat with us because we've been there and done it.

The facts speak for themselves...when you reach semi's a couple times and play in a final, come back and chat with us because we've been there and done it.

ok, but thats also a long time ago and is most probably the bedtime story pappou is telling to his grand children every time they sleep over at his place :P

to be honest i dont care who is better known in europe. i'm more interested, that we achieve something one day in european competitions.

but lets get back to the topic.

i just read something about a 24 year old player called janevski that has been offered to osfp.

anybody heard about it? does anybody have any information about him? i couldnt find anything.

amon777:

You are comparing individual results of PAO and Oly in Europe which misses the point and let me tell you why. Because you forget what we are talking about in the first place.

We are talking about which team is more famous in Europe, right?

Well you become famous in Europe by making regular poreies in the European competitions. If you disagree with that then there is no point us continue this conversation.

In terms fo poreies, tell me which team PAO or Oly, has better poreies in Europe. Poreies give teams 'exposure' which you need in order to become famous. I listed for you only some of the poreies we have had. Whatever you think about how we reached Wembley in 1971 is irrelevant. The fact is our name is there in history and therefore it gives us exposure that you never have. The fact is that in 87 we beat Juventus in UEFA cup and reached the last 8 and that made PAO a big name in Italy where no one had heard of Olympiakos there. They had no reason to know olympiakos.

The fact is we played in the first ever Champions League group format in 1992, where all Europe was talking about the new Champions League competition and the name PANATHINAIKOS was among the 8 clubs that all Europe was watching and talking about. Where were you?

The fact is we reached the last 4 of Champions League in 96 where the semi finals were shown live on all the TV channels across Europe. Was Oly more famous even then?

There is many more poreies that have made the name PANATHINAIKOS more famous than Olympiakos.

But if you insist on talking about individual results, I am afraid even there your team have a far more inferior record to PAO. Just look at the all time UEFA competitions, games played, goals scored, points against and you will see that PAO are in top 20 of all time while Oly is near 50th place.

These are fact, you don't have to come back to me with a response. these are FACTS.

I ask the Oly fans here another question wheich should put an end to all this:

Greece has three teams in the Champions League right? Which team has gathered most points for Greece to give it that position in Europe?

Please answer although I know it will be very hard for you and you will bring a number of explanations why that is not important.

if this was a geography test PAO would beat PAO anyday but in terms of actually winning the big one we are still both tied at 0

Yep evereyone noticed that we lost 5-0 to a Man U first team ur loss is a world record against the Juve second team :LOL:

I cant believe u guys are so ungreatful for Pao's Euro success if it wasnt for us who would get us 3 spots u guys

at least the Aek guys recognise this u guys are still blinded by your presidents purchase of Rivaldo so people forget the 7-0 raping Juve gave u

Well its sort of worked but our subs have scored more than rivaldo :LOL:

We are talking about which team is more famous in Europe, right?

Well you become famous in Europe by making regular poreies in the European competitions. If you disagree with that then there is no point us continue this conversation.

As I have told you in another post, may be not far the time when UEFA will allow Football clubs to regard "poreies" as trophies, so Panathinaikos can catch up with Olympiakos' large collection of silverware !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know...it must be hard to see your biggest rival have 13 national championships more than you ...the "European" team of the country! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: So by naming the "poreies" to Q- and S-finals as trophies, you'll be able to put 2 stars above your logo... And perhaps in the next century you can add the 3rd one...

And as for fame... I have won a European Cup at Basketball, a European Cup Winners Cup at Volleyball, and a European Cup at water-polo...

What you have won as Panathinaikos is a European Cup at basketball when FIBA came out the next day to admit that Barcelona was robbed from the referees the previous day..... another European Cup at basketball which involved only...the half of Europe (FIBA minus ULEB), and ...well, 3rd lucky, you finally got one that you deserved... :P

Goodnight my darling... ;)

Poreies don't matter. Of course you downplay the importance of poreies. that's because your small insignificant club has had NONE. NO POREIES in so many times of trying. What do you call that? You are no better than Panionios.

And you can downplay the imnportance of European Poreies all you like but that's only because you are jealous. If they are not important why did you spend so many millions on Rivaldo and Schurrer? To win you games against Xanthi and Aigaleo? No. but because your proedros has finally realised the importance of a European Poreia. ok? He is trying very hard. I mean he is pushing and pushing. At the end you know what will happen? You will not make the last 16 of Champions League :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And don't tell me about your 13 Greek championships. We all know how you won the last 7 and the rest were when football was played between local teams by a bunch of amateurs and others when Koskotas paid for it. Greek protathlima has as much importance as the Icelandic league. So enjoy it.

I told you, small club, small mind, small mentality. that's Oly :P

Volleyball and waterpolo :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: those great sports that everyone in Europe knows so much and cares so much about :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You are getting desperate now dragon, I mean you are getting very very desparate now .... we are talking about football and you have to dig very deep for something totally irrelevant for something in reply :D

By the way, if you ever make a poreia in Europe (I mean miracles happen, even Panionios and Aigaleo can do it so I am sure your turn is not too far) then don't you dare celebrate it because they don't give you a cup for it :P

Listen i want to read about tranfers here i mean this is the same old topic

Amon u got my respect u did a good job on supporting the best Club in Greece

Pao lets just go one on one we have been a great team domestically then u guys

granted were behind in the Euro rankings but wuts the score on the championships u have to us

0-0

Plus in the late 80's and early 90's we got screwed at that time thats why we didn't do s%$#! that year i mean we had our president stealing away the clubs money so we couldn't really do s%$#! but now were coming back in Europe

Olympiakos#1

Poreies don't matter. Of course you downplay the importance of poreies. that's because your small insignificant club has had NONE. NO POREIES in so many times of trying. What do you call that? You are no better than Panionios.

And you can downplay the imnportance of European Poreies all you like but that's only because you are jealous. If they are not important why did you spend so many millions on Rivaldo and Schurrer? To win you games against Xanthi and Aigaleo? No. but because your proedros has finally realised the importance of a European Poreia. ok? He is trying very hard. I mean he is pushing and pushing. At the end you know what will happen? You will not make the last 16 of Champions League :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And don't tell me about your 13 Greek championships. We all know how you won the last 7 and the rest were when football was played between local teams by a bunch of amateurs and others when Koskotas paid for it. Greek protathlima has as much importance as the Icelandic league. So enjoy it.

I told you, small club, small mind, small mentality. that's Oly :P

Volleyball and waterpolo :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: those great sports that everyone in Europe knows so much and cares so much about :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You are getting desperate now dragon, I mean you are getting very very desparate now .... we are talking about football and you have to dig very deep for something totally irrelevant for something in reply :D

By the way, if you ever make a poreia in Europe (I mean miracles happen, even Panionios and Aigaleo can do it so I am sure your turn is not too far) then don't you dare celebrate it because they don't give you a cup for it :P

so your title last year was because the protathlima was so great and u came out on top?

i gues shwen u win it its important when u lose it its highway robbery

Yep evereyone noticed that we lost 5-0 to a Man U first team ur loss is a world record against the Juve second team :LOL:

I cant believe u guys are so ungreatful for Pao's Euro success if it wasnt for us who would get us 3 spots u guys

at least the Aek guys recognise this u guys are still blinded by your presidents purchase of Rivaldo so people forget the 7-0 raping Juve gave u

Well its sort of worked but our subs have scored more than rivaldo :LOL:

what 3 spots u think our participation in euro is because of u guys

my friend we actually got in by winning the greek title which allows the team to go to the C.L

u guys paved your own way to europe the hard way we did it the way by winning the championship

I have said u guys are better then us in euro thats for sure

But dont forget we have the titles to back up our point in greece

now u can sit there and say all uw ant about the greek league i dont see u guys ion another league or winning it any other way!

Anywayz are we getting anybody in this transfer season

Zidan, Tsiartas, etc

or at least some young players to built

There is a rumour, we're going for the 25 yr old brazilian Anderson (from Halkidona). He plays in the centre midfield... I can't think who from Stoltidis or Kafes will move to the bench though... :unsure:

Archived