Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS vs ROSENBORG

drakos13

But where will the money come from to finance a new stadium? And operational costs? Im sure a new stadium with larger capacity will run a higher operational cost that Leoforos!

You make a point but it wont necessarily mean a drop in prices...

Thats were the problem was for PAOs stadium. In fact the greek government should cover most of the expenses for building the new stadium as PAO will give them Leoforos in return. As you probably know Leoforos's worth has been estimated by government officials as 25bn dr!!! So in exchange the Greek government should provide the space in Goudi (which of course is not worth not even 2bn) therefore they should provide around 23bn at least for rising the new stadium.... ;)

That was the whole point of contrast between the Pasokia and PAO... They expected to get Leoforos (which is proven that belongs to PAO) and provide just the Land without contributing at all to the rise of the stadium!!! :tdown:

OYST VROMOPASOKIA!!!! :ph34r:

P.S. By the way I am going to be in Gate 12 on Tuesday...... Is there anybody else going to the game?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to this game, it is imperitive we start with a win. I just hope the guys are focused and go out there kai na peksoune like we did the year before last when we were literally undefeated at home in europe in the champions league till porto beat us. I got this feeling from feedback from many friends that ive gone to games in leoforos with last year when i was in greece that our edra this year will be kafti. Against Haduk the stadio was like a klouvi.

Lets hope we scare the living hell out of all visitors that come to leoforos. Im sure we wont be coppinh 5-0 hammerings in europe this year. Soum deserves a decent shot at this champions league, specially after literally rebuilding our side when he came last yr.

Aite gera pedia. I predict a 2-0 win with goals from equi, and mixalaki

:nw:

But where will the money come from to finance a new stadium? And operational costs? Im sure a new stadium with larger capacity will run a higher operational cost that Leoforos!

You make a point but it wont necessarily mean a drop in prices...

i agree. in order to pay for the whole stadium PAO will have to raise the prices. then your going to pay 60 E to site in the worst category for CL..... F*** the plans keep leoforos and for the big games dont sell away tickets...they dont even fill completly for the CL games anyways... and the way this Ticket club m*****a works they cant even sell out all the derbies!

as for Rosenborg though...

they probably will be tough but i think we should score at very least 2, and that should be enough to win. This really is a must win game for qualifying, we need to start well in order to have hope and confidence, otherwise forget it.

he has a knee injury...even the strongest players get injured in their knees...sanmartean is not that strong and should continue getting bigger(he has gotten strnger but isnt there yet)but you cant say, the kid needs to take his vitamins with a knee injury...he has actually gotten stronger..

think this is what the team is gunna look like v rosenborg

----------------Galinovic---------------------

---Mitu---------Kyriakos---------Munch-----

-----------------Goumas---------------------

----------Andric----------Basinas-----------

-------------------------------Skacel--------

-----------------Gonzalez-------------------

--Papadopoulos----------------------------

------------------Konstantinou-------------

pap will play just alittle behind michali but pretty much in a striker role and andric will play alittle more to the right for alittle more depth in the right side of midfield...gonzalez will pretty much play the same role as he always does as will skacel and kyriakos or mitou could be replaced by morris.....i think we should be going for a strait 4-4-2 but this formation seems very strong as well..i see us doing well..we have strong depth on the bench as well...

drakos13 Posted on Sep 12 2004, 03:08 PM

PAO will smash them

i hope we do...we better

think this is what the team is gunna look like v rosenborg

----------------Galinovic---------------------

---Mitu---------Kyriakos---------Munch-----

-----------------Goumas---------------------

----------Andric----------Basinas-----------

-------------------------------Skacel--------

-----------------Gonzalez-------------------

--Papadopoulos----------------------------

------------------Konstantinou-------------

not bad....

just move Xalkias for Galinovic- Xalkias is better and definitly has experience over Galinovic

Andric we buy him a train ticket and send him north - id rather see konstantinidis there or Mitu

i think if we do anything but beat them comortably (no matter of score but of gameplay) its going to be a bit doubtful to get through to the next stage

In relation to which keeper to play, i jus hope that whoever they choose, remains there and is given a long enough chance, to sustain form, confidence, consistency.

I dont want 2 see galinovic in 1 week, the next 2 chalkias, and then galinovic in again. keepers thrive on confidence and good performances. Both have similar bodies so swapping them for tactical purposes would be ridiculous. Stick to one, and let him improve with every game.

I just hope sapanis gets a run somewhere as well, he is definetly a spark in the midfield, always at the right place, and doing the unexpected.

Shum accepting no excuses

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/fixtu.../Report=PR.html

It may be Matchday 1 in UEFA Champions League Group E - but for Panathinaikos FC coach Itzhak Shum, Tuesday's visit of Rosenborg BK is make or break.

Disappointing campaign

Panathinaikos, quarter-finalists in 2001/02, disappointed last season, securing just one point at home and only four overall. Indeed, Panathinaikos have won only two of their last ten Champions League matches.

Home matches vital

A poor start will not be tolerated this time, especially with PSV Eindhoven and Arsenal FC to come. "There are only six matches in the campaign and we just cannot afford not to win home games," Shum said, before adding that the 2003/04 campaign was in the past. "I do not look at the past, I look forward. On their day, my team can trouble any team."

Posted Image

pao will be without

Henriksen, Sanmartean,Olisadebe, Zutautus, Kotsolis,Tsorvas, Bikofski, Oxyzoglu and Raguel...olisadbeb is our biggest lost meaning we only have demba on the bench as a striker...even though shoum can put another midfielder in and throw pap higher...we have alot of options anyway..

Archived