Phantis Forums

What should I get?

I was just wondering on wht I should choose. Direct TV, Dish Network or stick with Cable. I already have Dishnetwork for the greek package as it shows the soccer, and I have absic cable for regualr TV but I have been looking around and I am trying to make a decision on what to choose. Direct TV, Dishnetwork or Cable?

Any of your inputs and opinions would be greatly appreciated. I was looking into the two satellite systems as I want to be able to catch Fox Sports World which shows soccer and sometimes Uefa Cup. they also offer GOL TV.

Some help to choose? What do most of you have/use?

Thanks

yeah dishnetwork is a clear obvious..... direct tv is anti international stuff pro patriot garbage.....

u get all those channels but also you can order and cancel other international channels such as RTP (portugal) TVE (spain) and a bunch of others... sometimes when the ethniki or a greek club maybe even plays these countries (these are some examples not the only ones) u can order them and cancel them...

Guest Montreal-Greek

You can get Free to Air System and get All of the Dishnet channels.

Let me know if this interestes you. No card system. All open.

Need two dishes on roof.

:tup: :gr:

This is not the site to talk about hacking dish network guys. It's widely known that you can get ALL chanells for free. It requires a lot of work and you must know what you are doing though. Here is a site to start: http://www.dsshelper.com and another one: http://www.satsurvival.net

Good luck. If someone needs additional help feel free to private message me.

Spiro

Same here! The only difference is that I get all chanells for the 61.5, 110 and 119 satellites. Almost 600 free chanells. There is no way a soccer game wil be available in the US and I won't get it! See, the closest pay-per-view bar from where I live is more than 400 miles away. So I decided I should take care of things by myself.

How long did it take you to figure everything out on your own? I paid some guy 200.00 to do it for me but it keeps on going down about every two months. I've been wanting to do it myself and that link you provided has the same exact software that this guy uses. If I wanted to do it myself, what hardware would I need and where can I find it? I also found this new guy that if you give him your receiver and it goes down, all you have to do is unplug it. Unfortunately, I have to bring my receiver back to the guy when ever there's a system error. Thanks for the 411 btw.

I first bought the equipment and they came from Canada with no how-to-use instructions whatsoever. I emailed the people that sold them to me but they didn't care to answer back. Anyway... I started searching the internet (since I already had paid $160 for the hardware) and I read, read and read again. This is the trick: Read constantly. I programed my card and I put it in the receiver (I needed a programmer for that - you find the software on line easily). I was able to see free tv imediatelly! After three hours though I got ECM'd (ECM is a signal that dish network sends you and your receiver stops responding stating an error that you have to call dish network. If you call them, you lost the game because that's how they can catch you stealing signal!). I had to reload the software to my receiver (I needed a jtag device for that) and plug the card back in. I was up and running again! I got ECM'd again though. By reading more and more I figured out that I need to instal what they call "digital TSOP lock". That is what your new guy will do for you. The lock doesn't leave the ECM signal to "burn" your receiver. It's a small chip that goes inside the receiver. You still get ECM'd but your receiver won't get burned. With my lock you won't even have to unplug it, it shuts off and back on by itself. THERE WILL BE NO SYSTEM ERRORS if you install the same lock like mine.

It's a lot of work in the beginning (specially if you don't know what you are doing, it takes me about 15 minutes only now) and a lot of hours of reading to come to good level of programming.

What hardware you need: It depends on your equipment. What kind of receiver you have, what kind of smart card/s and how many receivers you want to test (the whole procedure is called dish testing) Basically you'll need a a computer, a crystal programmer (a small box that reads and writes to the card), a jtag device (a few cords with a plug at the end that reads and writes to your receiver in case it gets "burned"), a DssRev card (if you don't want to touch your original smart card) and a digital auto reset chop lock. Four things. Five with the computer.

The results are greatly rewarding as you can have more than 1000 chanells ALL widely opened.

A good site to start and shop for equipment is www.dssrev.com Let me know if I can provide any more help ( I prefer through emails though since this is a site of different interests).

By the way, your current card expires every two months because that guy puts an expiration day in it. They do it so they can have you as a regular customer.

Order your equipment and start reading. Read, read and read again.This is the trick to dish testing!

Spiro...

i have a card in my receiver that allows me to watch everything for free.

so i dont have americas 180 or any other package. i have every channel dishnetwork offers for the 110 and 148 sattelites

sorry for double posting but i really need to know where did u get that card that lets you watch dish network for free. Plus im goin to bed now.

They are places that can sell you cards to watch all dishnetwork channels for free for $200-$300 per card. These cards are good for a couple of months though, the most three. They also run into unexpected problems that can leave you without tv for days (untill the seller fixes your card), You can buy those cards on line but you have to program them yourself because they come blank. Or find a guy locally that will do it for you. You can also program the original card that came with your receiver to give you all channels for free. The best way to go is start reading on line how to do it by yourself. It'll be tough in the beginning but the results are very rewarding. You have to have patience, it won't happen overnight. You can find EVERYTHING on line. The hardware and the software.

The also came up with free-to-air receivers (no cards needed) that gives you all channels for free. It's a matter of budget though. They are expensive.

Search on google for all these all check our previews posts where to start.

As for what channels are being offered by dish network follow the links below.

For satellite 61.5: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish61.html

For satellite 110: http://www.lyngsat.com/110west.html

For satellite 119: http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html

These are the main satellites of dish. the 61.5 offers all the international chanells where you'll find the most soccer activity. It's very possible for an international chanell to pick up a soccer game specially when one of its teams plays.

For Champions league games Dish Latino (satellite 110) offers plenty of games every week as well as GoalTV, Galavision, and Telemundo.

It's really very costly to get all these chanells as regular subscriptions though. If you are interested in testing dish (have all these chanells for free) you have to research on line like everyone else does.

Because this is a strictly sports forum please don't ask for any further hep here. Follow the links that are provided above, private message somebody for help or do your own research.

Spiro...

Archived