Phantis Forums

Prso to Rangers!

WHY DO GOOD PLAYERS LEAVE GOOD TEAMS FOR MEDIOCRE BRITISH TEAMS!!!!??????

What do they call that thing we all love? Money!!

The attraction of playing in front of 55,000 fans every second week, and the chance to play Champions League will also have been a factor in him going back on his agreement to join Bolton. Sam Allardyce is very pissed off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/3693503.stm

he could have stay in Monaco. Aren't we in final of the champion league?

however we have no money for the moment and he prefer to go. It's shame. But normally, Arteta is going to Monaco (I hope its true).

What do they call that thing we all love? Money!!

The attraction of playing in front of 55,000 fans every second week, and the chance to play Champions League will also have been a factor in him going back on his agreement to join Bolton. Sam Allardyce is very pissed off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/3693503.stm

so wait - hes gonna go for champions league ball.

oh ok. LEAVING THE POSSIBLE CHAMPS!???FOR AN BRITISH TEAM NO LESS??!

ENGLISH TEAMS- SUCK IN EUROPE - CUZ THERE NOT THAT GOOD. Theyre rich.

Arsenal and Man U or Chelsea are the only teams that could actually do anything- and they dont even have that great chances.

Rangers- leave for more money and to play in a full stadium? so what every game is a total joke except for 2 vs Celtic? come on. The scottish league is utter trash. Im sure he could get just as much on a mid table spanish sides - who do far better than any british club in europe and occasionally make it up into contending for domestic titles instead of getting blown out each year.

Rangers dont even have a guaranteed spot in the CL. Theyre also the British Olympiakos equivalent in europe- in fact Olympiakos is better in europe.

Not to mention lifestyle- living on the French riviera or- the rainy cold dark ghettos of Glascow. He doesnt even wait for his Euro performances to get even more attention from bigger clubs.

used to think there was a future for him. i hope he has a bad 2 + years at Rangers and reflects upon the stupid mistake he made.

Hey Drakos, I was only giving possible reasons why Prso could consider joining Rangers. Sure he could have gone to a better league, but he has made his own choice for reasons of his own. He has since stated that he has never experienced an atmosphere like he did at Ibrox a season or two back, which was a major factor in signing. He possibly will be disappointed when he runs out to face some of the 'utter trash' every other week in Scotland, but again, that is up to him. Compare this to Monaco. Ok, Monaco are on the verge of winning the Champions League, but how many players would really happily choose to play in front of a such sparse crowds as they attract. Lifestyle is another issue, but come on it's footballers we're taking about here. In the present game, do you think a top player will live in anything but total luxury. The guy will never need to see the 'ghettos' of Glasgow, let alone live in them. Another question, are these 'ghettos' any different from the ones in EVERY major city in Europe. Probably not I'd suggest, but that's another issue for another place.

Have you considered the same scenario with a player of similar status faced with the prospect of going to Pao or Oly. Is it the thought of going to play against some of the smaller clubs in front a thousand or so fans that will attract them? No, it'll no doubt be the money, the largest crowds in a pretty poorly attended league, and the chance to appear on the biggest stage in European football. Yes, the Scottish league is not very strong, possibly even poor, but I wouldn't say trash. I'm not sure what you're comparing it to though, La Liga, Premiership, Serie A. Not, I would hope Protathlima!! Maybe you could assist here, and then we could have a balanced discussion on the positives and negatives, and look at the records of each.

As for wishing him a bad 2+ years at Rangers - Pathetic!!

Archived