Phantis Forums

Why I can't start a poll?

bubu

• 12 years later...
10 hours ago, Amorgos said:

I am trying to open a topic and poll in the World Cup forum but when I go to submit it check's I am not a robot, when I tick that it keeps taking me back to topic start and keeps removing my title to which I can not post the new topic

Polls are explicitly allowed in the World Cup forum. I don't know why you are experiencing this problem. Unless others are experiencing the same problems, it could be a cache problem affecting you.

Have you been successful in posting polls in other forums? Can you try posting this particular topic and poll in another forum and then have myself (or a moderator) move it where it belongs?

Keep me posted and we'll try to address this.

Interesting - that is actually what causes me to encounter the same issue. The few times I start a new match thread in the PAOK forum, I generally copy and paste Blackhawk's formatting from a past match (sometimes including the team emblems). This inevitably keeps sending me back to that screen, which brings me back out to start over again.

The one solution I've come up with is to create the post with no content, then edit it afterwards and add what I need.

It appears that the problem might be the contents of your clipboard. When you cut and paste contents from another web page, it also copies the formatting and the HTML tags. When you paste it in our forum, the security mechanism pops up asking you if you are a robot or not. That's because you are pasting the text and the HTML tags (for formatting). Hackers try to poke holes by using HTML and javascript (usually).

Try it by pasting unformatted text. In Windows, depending on the browser, you can paste unformatted text by right clicking and selecting "Paste as Plain Text (in Google Chrome), or control-right clicking and selecting "paste without formatting" (in Mozilla Firefox). Haven't tried the other browsers, but I'm assuming there would be a similar way.

Let me know if this workaround works...

According to the security settings, a visitor is allowed access to the website after completing a challenge for 1 hour. So theoretically, you shouldn't be getting this "Are you a robot" challenge for an hour once you verify yourself.

Or is that one of those things that doesn't work the way it's supposed to?