Phantis Forums

Out goes man U and Juve!

Elastonpappou 13

I dont know how many people watched yesturdays match between Man U and Porto... I think that game was a disgrace of football. And I heard comments after the match (from karpetopoylo, Giannakopoylo ktl) that the best team got through and all that....

I mean cammon lets get serious shall we? Man U did not play well, I agree but Porto is probably the worse team af the 16 remaining teams in the CL.

Yesturday they did not have a single chance, Man U wasnt awarded a clear goal (Scholes was clearly ON side), and this bloody Goalkeeper of Man U tries to compete with the charlatan Barthez on who is the worst goalie in Europe!!!!

I think Ferguson has to get a grip on himself and start making some serious DEFENSIVE TRANSFERS!!!!!!! I wonder how can all the world see that Man U lacks defenders and only he tries to strengthen the team by getting more and more attackers and midfielders....

They bought SAHA for 18 ml pounds or something, when they have Soskjaer, Forlan, Nistelroy and so on, and they bought Ronaldo who in fact may be a good transfer because of his age, but he is not so desperatly needed in the team. What the team needs is the Neville brothers to take a hike, along with Ferdinant, Silvestre, Howard, Brown, O shey and all the other defensive clowns!!!!

I mean for 18 ml pounds Man U could get Nesta or Maldini for god sake!!!!!

Any way I think that they should wake up soon if they want to do something descent in Europe......

Juve lost 0-1 as well by the way from one of the most disgusting teams in europe deportivo la corunia!!!

Trezeguet was out, and del Piero got injured in the 14th minute!!!

I hope that Milan goes through today, otherwise we are going to see another boring final!!!!

The officiating was poor in the Man Utd game. I believe Scholes had 3-4 players in front of him at the time the ball was played and there was no question of any offside.

No other referee would have given the freekick that Porto equalised from. Not that late in the game and not that close to goal on an iffy play.

However, I must also say that if the team this happened to was from Greece or Eastern Europe, no one would have even bothered to mention the officiating.

I think Ferguson has to get a grip on himself and start making some serious DEFENSIVE TRANSFERS!!!!!!! I wonder how can all the world see that Man U lacks defenders and only he tries to strengthen the team by getting more and more attackers and midfielders....

They bought SAHA for 18 ml pounds or something, when they have Soskjaer, Forlan, Nistelroy and so on, and they bought Ronaldo who in fact may be a good transfer because of his age, but he is not so desperatly needed in the team. What the team needs is the Neville brothers to take a hike, along with Ferdinant, Silvestre, Howard, Brown, O shey and all the other defensive clowns!!!!

I agree that Ferguson requires at least 1, prolly two class, if not world class defenders. I would be happy with one. And I mean a class defender who is established at the highest level of football. If he can bring in van Nistelrooy and Saha than he should have the weight to lure a player like Nesta, but prolly not Nesta himself. Maldini has passed the hill, yet he is a terrific player. He is not a player Ferguson needs. We need someone around 24 yrs old. Remeber Papou, the Euro 2004 is coming up and Scouts will be there from all over Europe ready to report back to ppl like Ferguson about future Stars!

Now. Although we do need a defender(s) I strongly disagree with you in your second paragraph that I have highlighted. The Neville brothers are average players, not first team players at United. If they want first team football they should be at team at a lower calibre than Utd. If they want to stay they would be great in play a squad player role. The rest are fine. Ferdinand is out for a long time yes. Brown was out for a long time but he had a great game last night. Howard although he did cost the game has been perhaps the bargain of the season. O'Shea just shows us that the youth academy at Utd hasnt fluked it with Giggs and Becks etc and Silvestre is also another class International defender who is very versatile. The problem with Utd is they set themselves such high standards that although they are having an average season everyone thinks its a failure. There still is a semi final appearance in the FA Cup, second position to consolidate in the League.

The flaw Utd has is that over the years Utd have cruised into the Quarters and Semis and failed against the likes of Real and Bayern. They just take the early stages of Champions League to lightly bc they "think" they will be guarenteed a spot in the semis. Porto sent them crashing down and so did the ref.

Ferguson is one of the most succesful managers in England, arguable Europe in the past decade and to quickly criticise him is to me not on. He knows what he is doing, which is why he has a job and we dont. We all think we would make the best Managers...were Greek. At every game Panathinaikos has 15000 different managers in the stand.

I agree that Ferguson requires at least 1, prolly two class, if not world class defenders. I would be happy with one. And I mean a class defender who is established at the highest level of football. If he can bring in van Nistelrooy and Saha than he should have the weight to lure a player like Nesta, but prolly not Nesta himself. Maldini has passed the hill, yet he is a terrific player. He is not a player Ferguson needs. We need someone around 24 yrs old. Remeber Papou, the Euro 2004 is coming up and Scouts will be there from all over Europe ready to report back to ppl like Ferguson about future Stars!

Now. Although we do need a defender(s) I strongly disagree with you in your second paragraph that I have highlighted. The Neville brothers are average players, not first team players at United. If they want first team football they should be at team at a lower calibre than Utd. If they want to stay they would be great in play a squad player role. The rest are fine. Ferdinand is out for a long time yes. Brown was out for a long time but he had a great game last night. Howard although he did cost the game has been perhaps the bargain of the season. O'Shea just shows us that the youth academy at Utd hasnt fluked it with Giggs and Becks etc and Silvestre is also another class International defender who is very versatile. The problem with Utd is they set themselves such high standards that although they are having an average season everyone thinks its a failure. There still is a semi final appearance in the FA Cup, second position to consolidate in the League.

The flaw Utd has is that over the years Utd have cruised into the Quarters and Semis and failed against the likes of Real and Bayern. They just take the early stages of Champions League to lightly bc they "think" they will be guarenteed a spot in the semis. Porto sent them crashing down and so did the ref.

Ferguson is one of the most succesful managers in England, arguable Europe in the past decade and to quickly criticise him is to me not on. He knows what he is doing, which is why he has a job and we dont. We all think we would make the best Managers...were Greek. At every game Panathinaikos has 15000 different managers in the stand.

Well I am not critisising ferguson as a coach. He has developed many players like Beckham, Schouls, Butt, Giggs etc etc, and he has won so many titles domestically. I just dont like his mentality (which is by the way to every British coach) of playing just attacking football no matter what happens at the back.

You mentioned that we needed world class players. Well I tell you this. The defending players of Man U are so S*****T that even if they had the back four of Panathinaikos along with Nikopolidis they would probably beat every team in the world. Do you disagree on that?

Not only PAOs defence is worlds better than Man U but their whole defensive line, I believe, could only play to an English team. No way that players such as the Neville brothers, or Silvestre, or Brown, or Ferdinant and even the ones before them, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin etc etc, could play to a descent European division.

I think that those players mentioned above are not even capable of playing to Kastoria!!!!

I think mty friend adonis we should write a complaint letter to sir Alex and tel him that for 18 ml pounds instead of buying SAHA you could have bought the following:

1. Antonakis (his contract expires in the summer. If we cannot see him play for our beloved team than we shall see him play for our 2nd favourite team!!!

2. Goumas

3. Henriksen! (Even at 34 is miles better than the clowns you already have)

4. Seitaridis (one of the biggest talents in Europe)

5. Munch / Fyssas

6. Kyriakos (Even a one legged kyriakos is better than clown Brown)

from then the team will fly. It will be a mix of PAOs defence and MAN U midfield and attack!!! World class mate... :tup: :tup: :tup:

Archived