Phantis Forums

SL1-R4: PAOK - Aris (17.09.23, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

I would think Lyratzis is exactly the kind of guy who could make an impact going forward, judging by what we saw last season...

Guess they need to gain another 30 years of experience before they're trusted.

Just returned from two weeks Agios Nikolaos (Crete). Saw the match in a sportsbar. I know there is no brains in those in power of EPO or SL as matches aren't at different times but at the same time or with a gap of just an hour or half an hour. Normally I don't care if they do not want the brand to be marketed in the best way but now we were there with 10 PAOK-tzides. And suddenly some 100 Gavroi showed up to watch their match against the paper ones. 5 out of 6 televisions switched the channel and our commentary was shut down and the other turned on loud. Could not stand their cheering when they scored. Sadly our cheering for Gospodinov's goal was all for nothing.

Anyway did not return to that bar after this happened. Watched Feyenoord somewhere else. 

On a positive note: no swearing or fighting between the rivals. Probably as all those locals know eachother. Everybody was doing his own thing and all PAOK-tzides (including my wife and myself) left after the game.

Weird experience. 

I think if you had trash talked Spingalonga, things might have gotten feisty!

I went to Agios Nikolaos like seven or eight years ago - nice looking place, tbh. But I'm guessing the owner of that bar knows who butters his bread, if you know what I mean...