Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Nations League: Northern Ireland - Greece (2 June 2022, 21:45 EET, Windsor Park, Belfast)

On 6/4/2022 at 12:33 AM, PaokCT said:

If soon to be 34 year old Sokratis is our best CB, god help us...

Also, Baldock wasn't even Greek 2 days ago, and we are acting like he's Trippier. He isn't better than Lyratzis, at least not in my opinion. 

Tzolis hasn't played meaningful first team minutes in months. Based off of potential he is, but right now I wouldn't start him neither.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, paokarag4 said:

What is the meaning of this? Far too much sense to be posting on the Ethniki forums, show yourself out young man! Absolutely ridiculous.

I would have to say Mavropanos is better than Sokratis right now. Sokratis has been on the decline. The best players in each position should play and if they can’t because of injury or suspension then you pick the next best replacement. That’s common sense. I base it off on what a players does on the field. 

The definition of the best could be different for some people here but I base it on players who are talented who have heart and can make a difference through there skill. Also players that have performed well for Greece. You could perform well for club but when it comes time to play for Greece and you don’t perform then you should be benched that’s how it normally works. If you play well then you should be rewarded with another game.

Some players could have loads of game time and deserve a call up but also don’t perform for Greece which is the case here, most of the time. We have problems in midfield and attack and until we choose players that make a difference in those positions then I don’t see anything improving. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Thanks 1

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic