Phantis Forums

Friendly: Norway - Greece (6 June 2021, la Rosaleda, Malaga)

Did anyone else notice JVS played 3 @ the back in this friendly???hmmmm????

If he wants Baka in there going fwd, he can have him up front, in a 5 3 2 with Masouras but Not as an AM.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, kbxk508 said:

In our qualifiers, so far we have struggled to create chances with player selections, and 4 2 3 1 formation.

So it was interesting to see some new players, and a line up vs Norway, using a 5 3 2 or 3 5 2 formation with wing backs.

Masouras, Pelkas did well in both friendlies and then if you add Fortounis we have a solid front line. Tziolis is young but a solid backup. I would also add Fountas in the mix also. For me, Mantalos is currently out of form.

Pavlidis or Giakoumakis our current striker options. They are best we have.

K Pap, Tzavelas and Mitropanos all doing well, so we have a solid back line.

Tzimikas, Gianoulis and Androutsos looking good as wing back options. Kyriakopoulos and Lykogianis as backups 

Problem is and continues to be in the midfield. From these friendlies, I think Bouchalakis and Galanopoulos are ahead of Zeka and Siopis.

Suddenly and inexplicably, it seems we have a settled lineup, but what do we do with our captan, Bakasetas. I am not anti Bakasetas, and I think he does bring certain leadership with the way he competes, but lacks skill and creativity of Fortounis. I don’t know if we can play both in the starting 11 or rather it hasn’t worked so far.

The formation and starting lineup vs Norway was spot on and we saw how good the Ethniki looked in the 1st half. In the second half when JVS put Bakasetas in our play was stagnant he has no vision he can only strike the ball with power but when he was presented with a good chance to have a go he played the ball sideways? I hope JVS sees this and does not start him in the qualifiers.

I hope we see Masouras with Pelkas in the 11. Pelkas was fantastic a tremendous pass on the goal that featured eleven passes on the buildup.

Throw Fortounis in the lineup and we look solid! I have to say Tzavellas has proven me wrong as I did not want him called up anymore but he has had had some great performances recently I must say.

• Like it 3

On 6/6/2021 at 11:48 PM, Alphonse said:

Wonderful first half, I wrote this the other day
http://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2021...ke-change.html urging JVS to remove Bakasetas and get Masouras, Pelkas and Mantalos on, well I was worried at first about being proven wrong but it didn't take long for these guys to show us what Greece can do with good mobile players in attack, I also thought Androutsos and the 3 defenders were great again, actually like seen Androutsos move centrally at times as you can see the midfielder in him, great touches, passes and can get by a player 1:1 too.

Sadly the second half was a tragedy, with Bakasetas on, there was just no connection happening, Pelkas looked tired and nothing was sticking with Tzolis who I am starting to worry about.

I dunno if anyone in Australia watched it on Optus Sport and the stupid commentator was saying a penalty was given on the Tsimikas handball... I was devastated only to see what I originally thought, it's a goal kick!

Speaking of Tsimikas, clearly a little rusty with the lack of game time, I don't think you can fully judge him now, when in form and playing he is a very good player

It's no wonder we haven't scored more than 2 goals in 4 years was it?? We are s%$#! at finishing and we just don't have the drive to put teams away... second half... I don't get who we got so poor, no what we wanted to see but overall a good two results prior to September, you got to keep Bakasetas outside the 11.

Good article nice write up. I also enjoy listening to the podcast you guys to a great job covering the Ethniki. Thanks.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny thing is Bakasetas has scored and assisted the most out of everyone in the team since JVS took over. 3 goals and 3 assists. I would be the first one to criticise him as I don’t think he’s good enough for this team. I still think he’s not good enough. 

If only JVS had the same amount of trust and patience in a guy like Fetfatzidis we would be doing much better than what we are. Every game Bakasetas has played he’s ruined every attack we try to make. I wouldn’t have him anywhere in this team. 

We keep saying this, but nothing changes. JVS couldn’t pick a worse player to put as captain aswell. I don’t dislike the guy as a person but as a player he’s out worst if we’re being honest. At least Bouchalakis can play 1 touch passes and can control the ball a bit better. 

Bakasetas doesn’t provide anything in defence or attack. He’s slow, loses the ball 9/10 times and passes side ways and backwards. He also has no skill on the ball. He’s only had one or two decent shots on target in 30 something games he’s played. He must have a terrific agent. That’s the only explanation. 

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Funny thing is Bakasetas has scored and assisted the most out of everyone in the team since JVS took over. 3 goals and 3 assists. I would be the first one to criticise him as I don’t think he’s good enough for this team. I still think he’s not good enough. 

If only JVS had the same amount of trust and patience in a guy like Fetfatzidis we would be doing much better than what we are. Every game Bakasetas has played he’s ruined every attack we try to make. I wouldn’t have him anywhere in this team. 

We keep saying this, but nothing changes. JVS couldn’t pick a worse player to put as captain aswell. I don’t dislike the guy as a person but as a player he’s out worst if we’re being honest. At least Bouchalakis can play 1 touch passes and can control the ball a bit better. 

Bakasetas doesn’t provide anything in defence or attack. He’s slow, loses the ball 9/10 times and passes side ways and backwards. He also has no skill on the ball. He’s only had one or two decent shots on target in 30 something games he’s played. He must have a terrific agent. That’s the only explanation. 

Turnstile Baka keeps turning the ball backwards or sideways. He like Tziolis in the recent past, have had their career stats boosted because wank managers have stroked their.....egos lets say, by continuing to keep picking them.

Turnstile Baka should of disappeared last year but no, he was made captain by this bonehead. At least JVS had the gonads to pick a 5 3 2, looking to imitate a real manager like Ange.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:00 AM, PaokCT said:

Because you’re hating on JVS even after we beat a solid Norway team. You still find something to criticize. Hence why you called him “this guy”. Who the hell cares if he plays if we still win? 

Not saying you, but I see people on here and Twitter that literally HATE this man like he shagged their mom or something. We win, and people still complain about his selections. All these damn conspiracy theories. I even remember someone saying early , not mentioning his name...B.... that he was selecting certain players so he can get fired 😂

They dont call paok fans orcs for no reason, if that's what you got from my comment about Mantalos.