Phantis Forums

Porto - Olympiacos (27 Oct. 2020, Estadio do Dragao, Porto)

Antaeus7

At least ManCity won 3-0 vs Marseile which pretty much knocks them out of Europe. It’s going to come down to beating Porto in Greece and possibly picking up a result vs ManCity at home to progress to CL round of 16.

2 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

This match was gifted to Porto. They didn't show me that they are a world class team like Manchester City are. 

Porto didn’t show much. There goalie made a few big saves. As for ManCity they are a good side but I wouldn’t say a powerhouse like Bayern, Madrid, or even PSG. They are struggling domestically sitting in 13th place in the EPL. If olympiakos clean up there game and the coach makes some better lineup moves then I think they should be able to get 3 points possibly even 4 from them in the next two fixtures.

• Like it 1

I think key is to beat porto and home and marseille again. 9 points beating those two should be enough man city could possibly get a draw for 10. that's the most likely ideal result

oly looked really good just no luck on their side. at home though it would make all the difference 

• Like it 1

• Lazarus changed the title to Porto - Olympiacos (27 Oct. 2020, Estadio do Dragao, Porto)
18 hours ago, georgelaz said:

I think key is to beat porto and home and marseille again. 9 points beating those two should be enough man city could possibly get a draw for 10. that's the most likely ideal result

oly looked really good just no luck on their side. at home though it would make all the difference 

Ya that should do it, next 2 matches are vs Man City hopefully they bank some points.

How you been GeorgeLaz? 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, Molon Lave said:

This match was gifted to Porto. They didn't show me that they are a world class team like Manchester City are. 

Porto did not play better than us or show much, but they played smart. They kept it tight in the back, even though we had long spells on possession and we could have scored, they absorbed the pressure and patiently waited to strike on the counter.

The mistake in the beginning really was a gift though that is true, it took a lot of pressure of Porto and allowed them to just sit back and not have to take any risks or open up at all unnecessarily. I thought Valbuena had tied it for us with that lob but again, no luck, the Porto player did an amazing job of clearing that right before it went in.

You live you learn, we move forward and we will be getting better and better as the new players get familiar with the team. I have a lot of faith in our coach he has given us no reason to doubt him and neither have these players.

• Omonoia9 changed the title to Porto - Olympiakos (27 Oct. 2020, Estadio do Dragao, Porto)
  • Lazarus changed the title to Porto - Olympiacos (27 Oct. 2020, Estadio do Dragao, Porto)