Phantis Forums

GK-R16-Leg 1: AEL Kalloni - PAOK FC (06-Jan-16, 19:30 GR)

Blackhawk

Why play with two CM's at the right- and left midfield?? There's also reason to question the decision to play Mak as a striker. We never play good with two strikers up front and I think it would have been better to play Mak as a creator instead of a forward.

What do you guys think of Tudor? I think he's been experimenting too much with different formations and that he doesn't have a clear game plan. Also, I'm not a fan of his way to play with just 3 defenders.

Mak is the only one to score goals. And he is very quick so I understand why Tudor wants him in the front.

As for the system. I like the 4-3-3. But that is because I am the Dutch Eagle. (Though Oranje played a succesfull WC 2014 with 3-5-2).

And here are the highlights:

http://youtu.be/jiAcu2KfDos

Edited by Dutch Eagle

The thing is, who should create opportunities for the forwards with a line-up like today's. The only player would be Pelkas and he's not good enough to control the whole attack.

I like the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. The problem with the Berbatov signing is that it forces Tudor to play with two forwards, as none of Athanasiadis or Berbatov should be on the bench. 

I'd like to see Berbatov leave and an attacking midfielder arrive. 

What do you guys think of Tudor? I think he's been experimenting too much with different formations and that he doesn't have a clear game plan. Also, I'm not a fan of his way to play with just 3 defenders.

He's inconsistent. I don't mind the 3 defenders, but we don't really have three quality CBs to play with. He has his favorite players, but as has happened in previous years, nobody new gets a start until halfway through the year, at which point everyone else is too tired, which drags the team down/leaves us with an untested group. The "rotation" doesn't have to be 2/3 of the team, after all.

I think he is trying to play a system that requires certain type of players. Unfortnately at PAOK we don't have players that can play the 3-5-2 formation. Another problem is that he does not use players in their natural position on consistent basis. He tinkers with the lineup and as a result there is no cohesion within the team. That very evident in yesterday's game.

With players we have I think the best formation is 4-2-3-1. He needs to decide who will be the no. 1 striker and stick to it. Is it Klaus or is it Berbatov. Savvidis bringing Berbatov really messed up the team. Having said that I prefer Berbatov to be the starting forward.

The same complaints we have for Tudor we had for Anastasiadis and Huub.  Playing guys out of position, experimenting too much, no chemistry, etc. 

It just seems like no matter what we do, everything goes sour.  We bring players with well established talent in Europe, and they become horrible, or average at best...(Stoch, Lucas, Martens, Necid, Maduro, Costa, etc)  The only person who came and was the real deal is Natkho, and he was a 6 month tourist, with no intentions of staying.

Arnesen is a well established name in all of our Europe.  He brings in Tudor.  Like him or hate him, he is an unexperienced coach without the proper knowledge of how to rebuild a team.  They clean house, and then refill it with worse players, with ver few exceptions.  Leovic, Cimirot and Rodrigues are promising and may prove to be good....around 6 months before their contracts expire I'd guess.

The Berbatov move created lots of sour grapes toward Savvidis.  Arnese and Tudor, because he went over their heads and got a guy who doesn't fit into the vision of the team.  With Klaus and Koulouri who assumed they were the 2 strikers on the team, Koulouri get loaned out, and Klaus hits the bench.  

I just think Toumba is built over some sacred holy burial ground, and the Gods are punishing us.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

I never blamed him the first year or so for wanting to be involved in every single transaction.  This is Greece after all, and he would be an idiot to ust show up and hand over the checkbook to just anyone.  But since then, he brought on a President, of his own choosing and a Technical Director who has spent time with some of the biggest clubs in Europe.  Going out and getting Berba was a kick in the nuts to Arnesen.  Now bringing this other gypsy to basically oversee his choices is another kick in the nuts...there's only so much disrespect a reputable person will deal with until he tells you to F*** off.