Phantis Forums

OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS vs ARSENAL FC

Tzatziki

Worse loss since the 3-1 at anfield a decade ago, played scared and didn't want it enough, season is officially wasted, and forget Europa league this team sucks playing over 2 legs. Very easy win for Arsenal they looked like they had after the first 15 minutes.

Agreed

Blown away by a massively superior side. Sadly Arsenal defended very well and gave us very little room. Fair result. No complaints from the ref who i thought was exceptionally good.

I think now we are in the competition we belong for our budget - Europa League - I want us to get to at least a Quarter Final in this comp.

I think we had a chance to score early. We looked good the first 25 minutes or so. I knew at 2-0 it was over, but obviously the 3-0 was the dagger. Not going to complain about the penalty given. Had we scored with the early pressure, this is a different ballgame. I'm just sick of the heartbreak when it comes to English teams. 

It was always going to be a tough game, arsenal played really well and were worth the win, Campbell was the star of the night! His work rate is top! I would of liked the coach to of started with more experienced players to get us to keep the ball better! Let's hope for a good run in Europes B league!

• Like it 1

Campbell  and the frenchman ruined us. Too bad, on to the Europa Leauge. Roberto really has surprised me this year with some soft goals, really not like him. For the xanoumovazeles, enjoy this win, lord knows moments like these are few and far between for you klammena nounia. :tup:

Arsenal plays tough teams week in week out.  Month in month out.  Year in year out.  Olympiakos plays village teams and isn't toughened.  They're not ... match fit so to speak.  Not mentally prepared.  When every game you play is like a training session and you only play one real game every month or so, well, it's not ideal.  All the "big" Greek teams suffer from the same problem.

How aek and panathinaikos fans can even comment is a joke, I don't even consider them football teams! I'm proud of being an olympiakos fan and I will support my team even if we never play in the cl ever again, we should be proud of the victories we got in the group! We have a young coach who is trying to build the best team he can with what's available to him! I am not ashamed of losing to arsenal they are a fantastic side! We took them to the last match!

• Like it 3

It was nice to see the fans cheer off Joel when he was subbed at the end, the kid played his socks off for us back then and against us tonight as well. Great player. Will never forget that golara in our Man U win.

Wenger on Campbell post game:

Edited by Tzatziki

i called this from the beggining. Arsenal was getting too much momentum. A few lucky bounces Olympiakos could've went through this game, styll.

Arsenal is one of the best teams in the world. They are beatable, compared to Barcelona but they are a powerful team, the better team won today.

At least it was Giroud scored the goals, he's so handsome lol.

Edited by georgelaz

Olympiakos has been improving their champions league game year by year.

Arsenal & Bayern are very difficult teams to top off.

If we were in Group H, C, or G the chance to qualify would be greater.

Right now, Olympiakos is just a very strong group stage team. Anything above that is punching above our weight.

Edited by georgelaz

I only watched the highlights but statistically it looked like Olympiakos came to play.

50-50 possession.

equal shots on target.

Olympiakos could've popped in a few goals from the highlights. Indiye, Siovas, Fortounis all almost got a goal.

Olympiakos also got more shots off in total than the Gunners. unfortunately, Arsenal proved to be more clinical.

Edited by georgelaz

If I pissed off any Olympiakos supporters in here I'm sorry, you guys are all kool and we shouldn't turn this site into a pissing match.....We all need to remember that these guys on this site, are not the same as the uneducated dumbbells from the losers underground site.

It just seems weird that in a time Greek football as at a new low, other Greek people are still rooting against Olympiakos. Our other clubs have fallen off, the NT has fallen way off. 

9 points from this group is not bad, the sad thing is we had them in our Kastro and we could not get a result and that is what most fans were not expecting, we have beaten a lot of big teams in Karaiskaki before.

Oly had prob one their best CL campaigns and still couldn't go through the group stages and now you have people blaming fitness and budgets as an excuse.... Funny these things weren't mentioned when Oly was winning games..

Tzatziki they choked it no other explanation, all they needed was a draw or lose by 1 and they copped 3, choke nothing more to be said.