Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R4: FC Krasnodar - PAOK FC (05-Nov-15, 20:00 GR)

Blackhawk

Krasnodar.jpgvsPAOK.jpg

MATCHUP:           FC Krasnodar (Russia) - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki

COMPETITION:    Europa League - Group Stage ? Round 4 

DATE:                     05-November-2015

TIME:                     20:00 GR  (19:05 GMT, 14:05 CDT, 05:05 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:   Krasnodar - Kuban Stadium (31,654)

REFEREES:            Arnold Hunter - Richard Storey, Andrew Neeson - Raymond Vrangle, Mervyn Smyth  (All No. Ireland)

TELEVISION:         OTE Sport (Greece), Fox Soccer 2GO (USA)

Standings:

1. Borussia Dortmund  - 7

2. FC Krasnodar - 4

3. PAOK Thessaloniki - 3

4. Qabala FK  - 1

Our European history against Russian teams:

Pre USSR

1976-1977: Dinamo Kiev  PAOK FC    4:0 - Attendance: 30,000 ( Champions League ? Round 2 ? Leg 1)

1976-1977: PAOK FC - Dinamo Kiev   0:2 - Attendance: 27,350 ( Champions League ? Round 2 ? Leg 2)

Post USSR

2010-2011: PAOK FC - CSKA Moscow   0:1  - Attendance: 22,245 ( Europa League ? Round of 32 ? Leg 1)

2010-2011: CSKA Moscow - PAOK FC   1:1  (Muslimovic) - Attendance: 8,000 ( Europa League ? Round of 32 ? Leg 2)

2011-2012: Rubin Kazan - PAOK FC       2:2  (Athanasiadis, Fotakis) - Attendance: 14,350 ( Europa League ? Groups Stage ? Round 2)

2011-2012: PAOK FC - Rubin Kazan       1:1  (Vierinha ? p) - Attendance: 15,625 ( Europa League ? Groups Stage ? Round 2)

2015-2016: PAOK FC - FC Krasnodar     0:0  - Attendance: 9,325 ( Europa League ? Groups Stage ? Round 3)

This match will be bookended by games vs Asteras Tripolis (November 1st) and Panthrakikos (November 8th). I would assume that Tudor's preferred 11 will start vs Asteras, and any considerations for this game would be second to that. On the plus side, we can essentially play our youth squad vs Panthrakikos.

Not travelling to Krasnodar are Leaoac (1m noth out), Kace, Berbatov, Konstantinidis and Jairo (red card).

Travelling to Russia among others are Cimirot and Kitsiou. Vitor is questionable and will most like start on the bench.

Reports are that after the Tripoli disaster Tudor will switch to a 4-4-2 formation. let's see if he implements this on Thursday.  If he does we might see something like this:

--------------------- Glykos --------------------

Skondras - Costa - Malezas - Tzavellas

Golasa --- Tziolis --- Sabo --- Rodrigues

--------- Klaus ----------------- Mak ----------

Odd man out is Pelkas. Would prefer Charisis over Sabo and maybe Kitsiou over Golasa, even though Kitsiou is coming from an injury.

This is the best forum on this site, I can understand the allure. All are welcome.

Mak is a LW, can also play on the right. This season Tudor has been playing him as both an out-and-out striker and as part of the 2 in the 3-4-2-1 that we usually play (next to Pelkas). Turns out his absolutely ridiculous speed makes him an asset everywhere.

Boston's lineup is good, but as others said I don't think Kitsiou will start. Golasa might get the start as he has been quite good the last two games. I also have reservations about Mak being our lone striker. That's why I had a 4-4-2 formation. We'll see on Thursday.

Of interest is also the fact that he is not taking Antonis to Russia. I would have to think that Sunday's game against Panthrakikos might be his last chance to get playing time.

krasnodar isn't that good of a team.  But still, it will be tough to get a win in the russian cold.  it doesn't help that kace and berbatov are injured. also, klaus is in poor form.

anyhow, good luck to you guys. if you guys have your tactics right and a starting lineup similar to the one boston posted, a win is very possible.

Kitsiou has been on pace to start in the match according to some reports....I guess we'll see.  If he does start, I'm hoping he does so in good form, and doesn't become a liability.

liability? if that's the case he'll fit right in