Phantis Forums

The Arrival of the...Messiah!

Evergreen

Very nice...I like how the fans demanded that he take the PK...musta felt great for him to see that backing that the fans gave him... :tup:

Oh, and if he were Che Guevara's boy he'd be a commie->thus the color red

->thus Olympiakos. So he's a Vazele and should maintain the title of "Messiah" ;)

Kalosirthes palikari :)

:box: Auxerre, he we come :box:

Come to think of it....is it really necessary to stage a friendly 3-4 days before a league game with Ionikos just to parade our new Mid Season Transfers...more so to the point to parade Gonzales....I mean were not really a circus...

;)

nah, but the more games they play, the fresher they are and the more expeience they get....i really think they just wanted to get gonzalez playing in greece...and it was a nice showcase for the new players and not to mentioned that there were alot of people there...

Yeh 11-12000 ppl....that was surprising...looks like Gonzales has everyone by his lil finger in Greece...hahaha

Fans are expecting huge things from him, so is the board and Shoum, lets just hope he can live up to it instead of crumble.

Has anyone see Gonzales play before, watched him closely. How is he like under pressure? And does he run back and help defence?

i have seen him with rosario very much as a good friend of mine is a HUUUGE central fan....gonzalez is a great attacking force and can work very well under hard pressure...he isnt a defensive player, but when he gets back on defense he works his a$$ off...he isnt all in all a very fast player, but he is a very quick player....small touches, quick bursts, sharp cuts and great skill...but he definitly doesnt have a problem picking his head up and finding a player...very aggresive and can deliver a ball through, splitting the defense, or from the wing crossing....as i have said, exactly the type of versatile player we need...people are expecting alot of him, because he is a very good player and is on the road to being very very great....i dont think he will buckle under the pressure because he was pretty much the main man at rosario and alot depended on him....i hope he can do ALOT for us, because he is definitly a huge talent...im glad we are making him feel like home, but w may want to relieve alittle pressure in the beginning....

I've seen him play for Rosario 3 times. He's strictly an attacking minded player. He's not lazy, he does help out his fellow defenders, and I'm afraid to say that he puts his legs in danger very easily, although he seems he can handle it.

Remember, we don't expect him to be a magician. We expect him to feed our players three-four times per match, keep the ball, break through etc.

So relax, we'll have to see how he goes.

PS : Sanmarteans was probably the best player in the pitch today. Simply amazing.

This signing could be really great for us, by the sounds of things the fans and the club have lifted due to Gonzalez's arrival, and this can only mean that we go into the second half of this season with hope and a real chance at glory.

I hope we can progress in the UEFA cup, however this shouldnt be our major concern. We must get the protathlima, we have to break the streak - we have a great chance this year, and i am dreaming of a Green celebration in may this year.

CMon PAO!!

Well, the green press was talking about a god all these days, so I don't see why Protathlitis is to be blamed. They're just doing the opposite. Sure, they always write a bunch of crap, but hey, so does the green press.

Hey, if I was a gavros, I'd be pissed off too with all this hype. For Christ's sake, we didn't bring a magician. What we have here is a (from what I've seen and heard) a modern player who can do for us some certain things. Presenting him as god, I don't know what good can come out of the whole thing.

Once again, I really like this kid, and I am excited, but let's wait and see.

By the way, what Protathlitis writes about his year in Italy is more or less correct.

Archived