Phantis Forums

The Arrival of the...Messiah!

Evergreen

I admit, I don't know this player, but I prefer to cheer someone after he shows me how good he is...

Second, I don't believe in Messiahs, especially when we're talking about a team sport.... many things have to click before you get a great team.

Also, if a ..messiah or a hero is needed, then usually the situation is one of ..desperation!

Hope this kid performs and I wish him good luck, but he's going to be under tons of pressure to perform great right away. We'll see...

i have seen this guy in argentina, and he is very very very good and the kind of player that we desperatly need....the only thing im thinking is his adaption time to greek and euro football, but im sure playing with fiorentina will definitly help and ease him into everything....if he plays the way he did in argentina, it wont be long till his nickname becomes the messiah....(even though i was hoping the nickname would be mine :D :D )

you can never tell though...look at riquelme...he was absolutly incredible for boca and then he went to barcelona, played alittle but had a hard time getting adapted and now hes just finding his great form again with villareal..so u can never tell...

Posted Image

"Equi" firmly holding the holy jersey of Panathinaikos.

It was funny at the aiport on his arrival when PAO'S FANS chanted :

"GAYROI KOYFALES HR8E O GONZALEZ!" :lol:

He'll be wearing number 40.

There is also a problem with his blue card, which PAO are trying to get hold of. If we don't get hold of it on time he will not be able to play in Europe :(

By the way, Gonzalez was born in Rosario, the same place where Ernesto Che Guevara was born. Guevara was actually a fan of Rosario Central, and they have some of his stuff at their trophy room.

Thing is, Guevara was not doing really well with religion, so, I guess, you know, messiah would not fit too well with, you know, a guy coming from Rosario.

Besides, if you want to go messianic at this guy, you should try something in the line of "el salvador" or something, although, "el libertador" is much more, you know, guevarish.

Venceremos!

Just came up with a chant here...

"Vamos, vamos, vamos re Gonzales,

vamos, vamos rik'stous k'alles zales,

Vamos, vamos, vamos re Gonzales,

vamos, vamos xws'tous tis golares"

vamos, vamos phda tis koufales"

:tup: feel free to join in with your own devices :D

Just came up with a chant here...

"Vamos, vamos, vamos re Gonzales,

vamos, vamos rik'stous k'alles zales,

vamos, vamos xws'tous tis golares"

vamos, vamos phda tis koufales"

:tup: feel free to join in with your own devices  :D

The best avatar ever(green)

and some poetry...

PEACE

Lets hope basinas does not try to sabotage him.

He seems to have the credentials of playmaker Pao requires. For once now, our strikers will have the service to perform their role on the park.

As for the Maccabi reject Zatoutas (basinas twin brother), he has to go now. But knowing the rabi, he will screw sapanis.

We can't have the dynamic duo Basinas and twin playing the same role on the park!

Twin must go!

In a friendly the was organised ,Panathnaikos beat Appolon Athens (2nd division) 3-1, with Equi Gonzales scoring in the 17th minute from the penalty spot after the fans demanded that he take it. He set up the 3rd goal with a nice pass and in genaral looked good..what is funny is, is that arout 11-12.000 fan turned up, as many as the derby against AEK on Sunday.

Another fact was that it was raining until an hour before the game started but that didn't deter our fans.

Welcome Equi!!

:nw: Posted Image

Archived