Phantis Forums

Michael Essien

Accor6

• 3 weeks later...

Going to start training again with the team within a few days....

Reports are saying that he lost approximately 9-10 lbs within the past 2-3 weeks....

If thats true... thats EXTREMELY unprofessional of him.... who allows themselves to blow up to that size??  Given 3-4 of those lbs probably water weight.... but STILL....

Your getting paid 1.5 million a year... YOUR 33 YEARS OLD...  This isn't your 1st rodeo....

Be a professional for crying out loud... lay off the twinkies and chips and eat healthy!   Keep your weight stable and focus on your endurance and training....

Now... not only is he losing weight to become fit... but when you lose weight.. the dynamics of your body are off and predisose you to reinjure yourself... ESPECIALLY when you are having abdominal surgery when you use your entire core for soccer practice....

This guy better kill it in the league... b/c right now he's earning a STRAIGHT F....  

And before you guys all jump down my throat about judging him on the field... off field work is JUST AS IMPORTANT (If not more important) as ON the field work is

• Like it 2

I'm glad you guys think its funny that our highest paid player is enjoying his donuts and frappe latte every afternoon....

You guys do realize he was damaged goods when we first brought him over.. and instead of him doing everything he possibily could to be ready and be a "leader" of this team... his fitness will be delayed 2-3 weeks in order for him to drop enough weight in order to be able to complete a game...

Not only that.. but god forbid this guy gets injured as he's doing high intensity interval training to up his cardio....

Let me ask you this.... what example do you think this sets for the other players?  This is your leader.. and he's stuck trimming down weight b/c he ballooned up before and after surgery...

What kind of example do you think this sets for the academy players that look up to this guy??  

Despite his very high profiled resume, I don't consider him a leader at PAO.

Leaders at pao are players like zeca!

Essien hasn't done s%$#! for me to call him a leader.

Freezer you need to chill out man, few kilos isn't anything to worry about. We are playing in the SL, not EPL. Your acting as if the bloke has a chronic weight issue and has no idea how to work out.

m#$%!, essien has been doing HIT training for probably close to 2 decades...

• Like it 3

Despite his very high profiled resume, I don't consider him a leader at PAO.

Leaders at pao are players like zeca!

Essien hasn't done s%$#! for me to call him a leader.

Freezer you need to chill out man, few kilos isn't anything to worry about. We are playing in the SL, not EPL. Your acting as if the bloke has a chronic weight issue and has no idea how to work out.

m#$%!, essien has been doing HIT training for probably close to 2 decades...

Its not a "few kilos".... this is a LOT of weight....   If it was 3-4 lbs.. who cares... we are taking about 10 lbs...  

Not only that... isn't he supposed to be a professional??  How do you allow yourself to balloon up like that?  

As for 10 lbs affecting training... anytime you lose that much weightin that short of a period.. your body goes through an adjustment phase... not only that.. but the adipose tissue he had around his surgery will be gone leaving his surgical site more vulnerable for injury....

Anyway... lets see how he does in basic practices and in 3 weeks we'll see him play a game

Essien gave up on playing at the highest possible level of football a few years ago. Greek SL is one pig pay out towards the end of his career , something PAO outbidded leagues like the MLS , Turkish,Chinese , Arab one etc

Cambiasso was at Leceister last year , no CL football there but he came to OLY for the best money at this stage of his career, they just happen to play in the CL now.

If you are a top level player at the peak of your career you just simply don't play your club football in Greece.

Essien gave up on playing at the highest possible level of football a few years ago. Greek SL is one pig pay out towards the end of his career , something PAO outbidded leagues like the MLS , Turkish,Chinese , Arab one etc

Cambiasso was at Leceister last year , no CL football there but he came to OLY for the best money at this stage of his career, they just happen to play in the CL now.

If you are a top level player at the peak of your career you just simply don't play your club football in Greece.

Im not sure, I think Cambiasso went to Leicester for him to have a crack at he EPL. No other team wanted him as they thought he was a washed up veteran but he was the surprise package. Im positive he went to Oly because they are in the CL...as well the the cheese he will be earning.