Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

I'll never forget the 0-0 score vs Barca in Athens back in 2006. Vyntra shut down some Brazilian by the name of Ronaldinho. That was the highlight the of his career!

That night he became vyntrinio :lol:

I don't buy ronny's performance though that night, must have been out partying the night before

• Like it 1

^^The good thing about mitroglou is that he doesn't get discouraged by criticism. Problem is that he is not the same player post surgery. Same scenario with falcao. These guys have been butchered on the operating table.

5 penalties awarded to two spanish sides. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Real's first was a joke. Ronaldo's celebration was embarrassing. Best in the world? :lol: Notice how he thrives in these type of games and in the big games he is virtually a spectator? 

The officials also did their best to screw over the old lady, but once again they showed their resilience. Fantastic side.

what are you talking about??  Ronaldo thrives in EVERY situation... 

He may not score a hat-trick in every game... but he's always a threat... him and messi are not players... they are aliens

As for his celebration, I'll agree.... rather pitiful... what was more pitiful was Ramos' dive after the first goal

Disagree. I would say that he only consistently provides a threat from dead ball situations. Whether he is taking them himself, or looking to win the ball in the air from a corner. He leaps well.

In open play though, he only thrives if you give him space. So if you employ a high line, you are pretty much asking for trouble. Guardiola found that out personally, after his side were trounced 4-0 two years back.

In that same season in the final, Simeoni?s tactics pretty much erased ronaldo for 90 min. He was closely marked, and limited space to work. Mind you this wasn?t a rare occasion, as clever managers have successfully managed to limit his influence.

Since you bring up messi, the little ?kontopoutano? in his prime, differed from Ronaldo because he always showed he could go to work in those tight spaces. His whole career he has had to play in a system, which its fundamentals are to recycle possession and create space.

Despite ronaldo being two years his senior, messi is the first showing signs of slowing down. However i think he will eventually age more gracefully out of the pair because he is just as brilliant as a creator in a deeper role - a role he already plays for argentina. How old is ibagaza? Approaching 40? These argentinians from the old school age like fine wine and can still be utilized despite losing pace.

Once ronaldo loses his pace, he will be unrecognizable.

Overall Messi and not ronaldo belongs to the ages.