Phantis Forums

Greece-Faroe Islands(14 November 2014, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Omonoia9

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've lost interest in the national team, claudio the clown has completely deflated me, this latest squad is appalling.

O Karnezis(Udinese) P Glykos(PAOK) S Kapino(FSV Mainz)  why the need for 3 keepers to play the faroe's and a friendly v serbia????????

V Torosidis K Manolas(both Roma) L Vyntra N Karabelas(both Levante) A Papadopoulos(Trabzonspor) V Moras(Verona) M Bakakis(AEK) C Tasoulis(Panionios) 

holebas is out injured stafylidis is dropped not deemed good enough by our wonderful coach who's gone for an uncapped 30 year old left back instead (karabelas) 

A Tziolis(PAOK) G Maniatis(Olympiakos) L Christodoulopoulos(Verona) P Kone(Udinese) A Samaris(Benfica) C Mavrias(Sunderland) P Mantalos(AEK) T Dinas(Panathinaikos) D Kolovos(Panionios) 

no tachtsidis who's been outstanding so far this season dropped by our pathetic manager.

T Gekas(Akhisar Beleyedispor) N Karelis(Panathinaikos) S Athanasiadis(PAOK) 

no mitroglou no samaras and no salpingidis, should really beat the faroe's at home with any group of players but this is ridiculous, no continuity when you keep chopping and changing, and why is mavrias playing?? its embarrassing that he doesn't get a single minute for sunderland but is a regular for greece. 

ranieri has ruined us and is earning a small fortune in the process. 

well gekas has 10 goals in 10 games in turkey, cannot see any reason to leave him out, is mitroglou out for him or is mitroglou out for karelis and athanasiadis, or is the need to bring in mavrias and only 3 strikers instead of 4 the reason mitroglou is out. joke!

what do you expect when we're managed by a complete buffoon. he's called up about 40 players since he took over. zero continuity cohesion or consistency. completely gutted by what i'm seeing, i'd rather we lost just to get rid of this clown but thats not possible at home to the faroes. don't think i'll even bother watching, i'm too depressed.

It's a joke regardless. Mitroglou is our best player.

Mitroglou is not the best player because he's do inconsistent. When the guy wants to play he is a force inside due to his size.

Other times he falls down like he weighs 120 lbs.

I don't know what this coach is doing but whatever it is it hasn't worked so far.

There is still plenty of time to put this thing together and qualify.

said it day one...the moment germany etc are having two friendlies as tune ups, and this clown schdules ZERO friendlies when he knows he is going to gut the team was all i needed to see to conclude we were in for nasty weather....

but it makes the previous two coaches look pretty damn good - especially when everyone on this board was bellyaching for "new blood" and "bring in the young guys" "why the gerousia" etc.........well dont wish for something too much because you may get it....

as JS says - continuity, cohesion, key to success....sum of the parts is greater than the whole..

DO U GUYS REALIZE WE ARE ACTUALLY SOMEWHAT CONCERNED ABOUT THE FAROE ISLANDS !!!!!!!!  AND......

THAT WE  L O S T --- L O S T ----- TO NORTHERN FREAKIN IRELAND ????????????????????????????????????????      

Edited by bleedblueandwhite

but it makes the previous two coaches look pretty damn good - especially when everyone on this board was bellyaching for "new blood" and "bring in the young guys" "why the gerousia" etc.........well dont wish for something too much because you may get it....

2 or 3 additions to replace retired or past it players is what was needed what we got is disgraceful, 40 freakin players called up so far, bakakis and tasoulis have been called up bakakis plays in the greek second division for AEK, but the point is these players are not 18 they're 23, karabelas is a decent player but are we seriously gonna give a 29 year old his first cap at the expense of stafylidis the only player to emerge with and credit from the northern ireland game and is 20 with 2 caps to his name. mavrias still hasn't played a single minute for sunderland this season and is back in the squad, no wonder the english laugh at us. its a squad of novices which is why the omissions of samaras and mitroglou are completely baffling.

THAT WE  L O S T --- L O S T ----- TO NORTHERN FREAKIN IRELAND ????????????????????????????????????????  

the senior players don't want to play for this clown, the post match interview with torosidis after we were destroyed by northern ireland was in my opinion very telling. 

I don't know what this coach is doing but whatever it is it hasn't worked so far.

There is still plenty of time to put this thing together and qualify.

how can you put this thing together when ranieri is calling up anyone and everyone and leaving out players that have been there and done it for us, players that young inexperienced newcomers look up to. what can bakakis tasoulis mavrias mantalos and dinas offer this squad?? karelis is not international class either and the jury's still out on athanasiadis who looks decent but at almost 26 he should be better than he is, kolovos is the only new call up that in my opinion may be worth a look. 

we should still beat the faroe's but ranieri has destroyed us.

it just shows there is a fine line between good teams and bad ones....we reached quaters of world cup and several months later we are holding our breadth for the FREAKIN" FAROE ISLANDS  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

After a draw against Finland and losses to Romania and Northern Ireland, this team has to prove it can win even the simplest of games under Ranieri. You can see from the description that the game is in Piraeus, and if we lose, you'll find Ranieri at the bottom of the limani!

After a draw against Finland and losses to Romania and Northern Ireland, this team has to prove it can win even the simplest of games 

trouble is under ranieri every team is different, which team has to prove it can win?? next time we'll have a completely different team again.

im glad to risk not qualifying if a. a new crop of young guys get thrown into the qualification in order to test the new group against good competition, to build cohesion continuity etc. and B. (this is a big one) The coach has a clue.

This guy, from what I see and compare with other coaches we have had, seems clueless.........and worse when a Greek tsoglani professinal soccer player turns on you, you can forget it .......

now - his resume speaks for itself and he obviously has been exposed to muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more soccer in one year than i have in my lifetime, but, that does not mean a guy like me or anyone lese on this board does not see and observe valid points about the team and his approach. 

the bottom line is wins and loses.....(and ties) lol....... and we lost to NORTHERN FREAKIN' IRELAND.......not even the entire island, just the FREAKIN' NORTHERN PART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

GREECE

1 Karnezis(GK)

2 Maniatis

3 Karabelas

4 Manolas

5 Moras

15 Torosidis(Captain)

8 Kone

10 Christodoulopoulos

22 Samaris

17 Gkekas

18 Karelis