Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

^^ That isn't correct he ripped it up at Newell's which got him a NT call up. But I agree I cant see him coming now and turning it on like the way he used to do, if he did come though it will give the fans a massive boost to have him in our colours again, so you never know that could lift him to do what's needed.

^Both are true. Temur loves Galanopoulos, and Mantalos can play the number 8 if really necessary and then Bakasetas plays as a number 10. Temur also likes Labropoulos at the number 6. We still have 10 days to sign free agents, some names available still are Raul Meireles, Tziolis, Simao (played for Panathinaikos, released by Levante today.) I want us to sign another quality central mid assuming that they have a pre season under their belts, If we sign someone and they won't be ready until November then what's the point. 

Original I'm glad you mentioned Meireles as a few in Greece told me we are going for him, now IF we do get him, then I can say we have a team worthy of challenging the league.

Lambro can F*** off right off from the middle, he offers nothing I would rather Galanopoulos there, the kid has plenty of talent.

Overall tough we brought in 9 new players and we are stronger all over the park, just need to cover that DCM position.

Here's how I view things right now.

As far as we're concerned, I was very upset about the handling of Barbosa. But I changed my mind as soon as we got Christodoulopoulo (we were lucky it went so smoothly) I personally love the quality he brings both at club and national team levels and I think he's a notch above Barbosa in consistency and knowledge of the league. 

As far as the league is concerned. Our biggest hole right now is the DM position not having a proper back up. Lampropoulo isn't good enough for me in the CB position let alone DM where you need even more quality. Other than that position though, we are very strong this year and most importantly we have kept a cup winning core and added to them. 

Panathinaiko right now look to be the strongest signing wise, however some of their signings seem like overkill. A team with that many signings in one year, might have chemistry issues especially when most of the players want to get playing time. But again, they're deep and are going to contend for the title. 

Paok are stronger, but Paok is Paok. Not a heavy enough jersey to contend for the title in my opinion, not to mention how hard they are trying to talk us into the myth called Coach Ivic. 

The gauro saved their season in one week. We can say all we want about Cardozo being 33 but he's coming off of 2 pretty good seasons in turkey and world class seasons at Benfica. He is going to make a difference for sure. 

My biggest concerns are Ketspaya, DM, and Foward positions. Strapatsoni pretty much showed us what it means to have a well connected coach, and in my opinion, a coach who doesn't hand pick his players and doesn't have a large budget can only go so far. I hope that Simoes and Johanson hold off at least until the winter so that we can make an addition then. 

Other than that this is the first season since 2010 that we are going into the season with bigger dreams and I think it is well deserved. Lets see what the Cup Champions are capable of. KALH EPITIXIA AEKARAAA MAS!

• Like it 1

57 minutes ago, CHE21QNS said:

Paok are stronger, but Paok is Paok. Not a heavy enough jersey to contend for the title in my opinion, not to mention how hard they are trying to talk us into the myth called Coach Ivic. 

Ketsbaia is a good coach I think he will be an asset to AEK, let's see. But that PAOK comment might be off the mark, I think Ivic is doing real good work with that squad.

Edited by Tzatziki
typo

I think all teams are strong including Oly now who brought in some talent, before I didn't rate their roster now they seem to have added some decent players, Cardozo for me is a good signing even at his age, the guy scores goals its that simple.

Will be interesting season ahead IF it ever starts, hoping they start the 10th as I arrive in Athens next week!!

• Like it 1

Apart from the hole at CM, am I the only one that thinks that this is our most complete roster since the 2007-2008 season? Other than CM we have a backup at every position that'a almost as good as the starter. Maybe another Striker  too would have been nice but we can't write off Aravidis and Bakasetas, I think each of them can get 10 goals if given the chance. 

We should be in the race this year, it's all on Ketsbaia, we have a complete squad, if he can't keep us in the race then the blames solely on him.

As for our competitors, I think PAO will drop points early on until they find chemistry. Olympiakos, if we play on a level playing field this year, will also drop points early on until Cardozo and Fortounis find chemistry. Chemistry will also be a problem for us because Patito, mantalos, Lazaros, and Almeida have never played together yet. But I think with our ridiculous height advantages and our great defense we won't drop a ton of points early on. I honestly think PAOK is in the best chance to win it this year, if they had a half way decent center forward they would have a lethal squad, I think Ivic is a great coach. 

• 1 month later...

I like Siopis; he's at a good age, a pretty good player, and he plays a position of need. My problem with him is his height; he's kind of small for a defensive midfielder. Nonetheless, he would be a good signing for us and provide depth behind Simoes, and Johanson. We are going to face competition from Panathinaikos for him, so if they are that interested in him, then Majstoroivc should begin the process of signing him. Depending on what reports you read, Majstorovic and Morais agreed that we need two central midfielders, but they each need to be different styles of player. Siopis is more of a number 6, a full-fledged defensive midfielder, similar to Simoes. I've heard that there's a decent chance that Simoes is sold this summer once his value gets a little higher, and if that's the case, then it would be a good move to have brought in a possible replacement for him early on.

We are also looking in the foreign markets for a number 8, someone that's comfortable with the ball to link our defense and attack. This is the kind of player we are missing this year, and we missed last year. I love Johanson, he's great at winning the ball, and closing down passing lanes, but with the ball I consider him average. For example, against small teams that sit back and defend the whole time we have difficulties breaking them down, it would help our attack if we have a midfielder that's an excellent passer and has great vision to put in some through balls to a player making a run. This is something that the only player I've seen do this for us in the past 4 seasons is Zuculini last year. My dream would be for Tachtsidis to come back and take over this role, but there's a snowball's chance in hell that he leaves Italy at his age to come to AEK. 

This season's title chase ended against Panionios, but we still need to play for second place and slowly fill the holes in the roster for next season. Two central midfielders are a must this winter if we don't then we will have problems with fatigue late in the season and the playoffs. We also need another striker, Almeida is old and injury prone, while Pekhart sucks. 

Havent seen much of Siopis to comment but going by your comments above he does sound like someone who can contribute and give us depth which we do need especially in that DM position as we only have Galanopoulos now, who I do rate highly but needs to mature and get more experience.

Also agree we need another striker, Almeida just isn't enough.

I wouldn't say the title chase is over, we are 4 points off, have yet to field our strongest team for 2 game in a row, and we have all the derbies at home next round.

Just need a nice run of form to gather some consistency and momentum, Morais still finding his feet with the team and implementing his tactics. 

Still early days.

• 5 weeks later...

Big no no selling one of our best players now for €5m, if he is to go, which is inevitable, he should go in the summer when we have adequate time to replace. Its not like interest will die off come then, and if it does...its a win/win for us. Its €5m not 15 siga.

Μια ανάσα από την απόκτηση του Αστρίτ Ατζάρεβιτς βρίσκεται η ΑΕΚ καθώς όπως αναφέρει η Ώρα για Σπορ υπάρχει συμφωνία με τον Σουηδό κεντρικό χαφ, ο οποίος μένει ελεύθερος στο τέλος του 2016 από την Έρεμπρο.

Ο παίκτης είναι στη λίστα του Ντάνιελ Μαϊστόροβιτς, όπως είχαμε αναφέρει από τις 12 Νοεμβρίου, και εγκρίθηκε από τον Ζοσέ Μοράις που θέλει έναν πιο δημιουργικό παίκτη από τους ήδη υπάρχοντες στη μεσαία γραμμη. Ετσι όλα δείχνουν πως από τον Ιανουάριο ο 26χρονος και ύψους  1,90 μέσος θα φορά τα κιτρινόμαυρα. Ο παίκτης έρχεται από γεμάτη χρονιά και ο Μοράις εκτιμάπως θα μπορέσει να δώσει λύσεις άμεσα.

Ο Αϊτζάρεβιτς γεννήθηκε στο Κόσοβο, αλλά μεγάλωσε από τα δύο του χρόνια στη Σουηδία, στα 16 του δοκιμάστηκε από τη Λίβερπουλ και έπαιξε με την ομάδα Νέων του συλλόγου, αλλά δεν βρήκε χώρο στην πρώτη ομάδα και μετακόμισε στη Λέστερ όπου είχε περιορισμένες εμφανίσεις στη League One. Μετά από δύο μικρά περάσματα από Έρεμπρο και Νόρκεπινγκ, το 2012 υπέγραψε τετραετές συμβόλαιο με τη Σταντάρ Λιέγης, στην οποία βρήκε αρκετές συμμετοχές για ενάμιση χρόνο. Το Γενάρη του 2014 τον απέκτησε η Τσάρλτον δανεικό και είχε 2 γκολ σε 23 ματς, ενώ τον επόμενο χρόνο δανεικό τον πήρε η Χέλσινγκμποργκ. Το καλοκαίρι του 2015 επέστρεψε στην Έρεμπρο ως ελεύθερος και στο φετινό πρωτάθλημα είχε 27 συμμετοχές, 4 γκολ και 9 ασίστ. Ο Αϊτζάρεβιτς είναι διεθνής με όλες τις «μικρές» εθνικές ομάδες της Σουηδίας. Μπορεί να παιξει σε όλες τις θέσεις του κέντρου αλλά κυρίως είναι αυτό που λέμε "οκτάρι", δηλαδή ο παίκης που μπορεί να ξεκινάει το παιχνίδι της ΑΕΚ από πίσω.

Looks like Majstorovic and Morais have agreed on who should be our first signing in January. Adjarevic currently plays for Orebro in Sweden, if he signs it kind of reminds me of the Johanson signing, hopefully he has the same affect on the team. 

Majstorovic is trying to bring in Isaac Thelin from Bourdeaux on loan with an option to buy. He's 24 years old and has played 10 games with the Sweedish National Team. In 233 minutes played this year, he has 2 goals and 2 assists in Ligue 1 according to Transfermarkt site. With him and Adjarevic we would take a step up. Lets get these two signings done quickly and move on to get a Leftback and winger.