Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Giannina

cyberfish

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, first place. We should not give it up and win the title.

For those who didn't understand [Cyber.. :whistle: ]what I had been saying that derbies against your main challenger count double....

We're by 2 points. Had we won in Karaiskaki: We'd be up by 8 points now. [plus 3 for us, minus 3 for gavroi]

:P

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL PANATHES here, and to all the other fans who make this forum a nice place to hang out. :band:

I know, I am thick :)

All I know is if we had put away Kavala and Astera like we should had, we'd be up 6 no matter the loss in games we could be losing.

Either way, it's a long season. There are no style points. Just points. We have to go to Aris in the second round and to Touba so I hope the team holds itslef together and keeps up the wins.

It's nice to be on top.

Christodoulopolos has been very good the past 3 outings...

He is only 23 years old..

yep lets continue to hold onto players who have 3 good games...

and lets forever say they are still young until they reach 27, and then they end up like mantzio and tziolis.....sub par..

anyways on a good note...great end to the season half, even though we should still be performing better.....

im not comparing him to them....im just saying it is highly likely he will end up like them....if not worse.....

thats just what i think...... however i sincerely or should i say desperately hope he does turn out to be a worthy pao player....

On a similar note, I heard on ERA sport that there was no follow up with Leto's public display of displeasure for his substitution. However, there will be repercussions for Cleyton's behavior.

Apparently Cleyton called a taxi and left the stadium when he learned he was one of the two who did not make the 18man squad right before the game (Nioblias took 20 men originally). Sooooo in another episode in the Cleyton Saga management is very unhappy with him, and now they are remembering all the times he's been late to practice too :rolleyes: .

I hope we get these issues over with. It's one thing to have a contributor acting spoiled, and another to have someone who might be a contributor some day acting like he is entitled to something.

On a similar note, I heard on ERA sport that there was no follow up with Leto's public display of displeasure for his substitution. However, there will be repercussions for Cleyton's behavior.

Apparently Cleyton called a taxi and left the stadium when he learned he was one of the two who did not make the 18man squad right before the game (Nioblias took 20 men originally). Sooooo in another episode in the Cleyton Saga management is very unhappy with him, and now they are remembering all the times he's been late to practice too :rolleyes: .

I hope we get these issues over with. It's one thing to have a contributor acting spoiled, and another to have someone who might be a contributor some day acting like he is entitled to something.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT CHRISTMAS!!! :gr:

Now we've got that out the way, perhaps Cleyton is entitled to be a little pissed. He's been frozen out for months, told he'll be given another chance and then is banished from the squad. You have to understand his personal frustration too.

I'm not condoning his behaviour but i feel for the guy.

I understand his personal issues. Everyone has issues. Someone doesn't play enough; someone gets subbed when he doesn't feel like it; someone plays a position they don't want; someone makes less than someone else; Problem is, if everyone vents their frustration it makes for a messed up team and it distracts from the real goal.

Sure Cleyton feels like he should be playing. But he had a golden opportunity last year when he was signed. He had the backing of a prominent shareholder, he was slated to be a starter (and started the season as a starter), fans liked him, but he just fizzled and lost focus. All reports indicate that his practice habits are more fitting for a team like Larissa. He was put on the trading block and no one wanted to pay any money for him.

Now he gets a second chance to make the squad and he acts like a spoiled kid. If anything, it's disrespectful to Nioblias who brought him back. But probably Cleyton knows it was his high connections that he owes to...

BTW, if Clayton was kept in the squad, either Roukavina or Petropoulos would have been left out. How fair would that have been? Gabriel was already out too. Would they all have the right to throw a fit? I say ship the guy somewhere to save our selves all the trouble. And to close the argument (I try to make them well rounded :P Sure he is talented, but so was Sibniefski, Sanmartean and co. All the talent in the world is wasted if the mental capacity is not there.

Cleyton needs Panathinaikos more than the team needs him.

I was dumbfounded when Simao was booked for dealy a game when we were winning comfortably.

Apparently he will be gone for the Africa Cup the whole month of January and wanted to get the fourth yellow so he could choose a game to miss that he won't be here anyway. The club declare him inelligible for the next game against Ergotelis.

Good planning. Someone's noodle is working in the front office.

Ha ha, first place is good and Ten Cate has something to do with it too. Nioblias beat Giannina, Dinamo, and Iraklis and Ten Cate would have too. Not sure if Ten Cate would have seen three hits on Tzorvas' post though. A few inches this way and there would be others with the tears ;)

Let it go man. Ten Cate is gone and we are all behind Nioblias. We all want our team to win.

Merry Christmas

there are already changes on this team....

Maybe u guys cant see drastic changes on the pitch... but its SOOOOOOOO apparent in player interviews...

Players like Lazaro and Ninis saying that they are no longer afraid of making a mistake in a game which would make them lose playing time in the following weeks.

Or someone like Ruka saying that from now on.. you will see pao play alot ''free'er''

There was so much pressure put on the players before that u can sort of feel that there is a huge weight lifted off the shoudlers of some of these individuals.... They all seem relieved...

and although there are maybe no visible on the field changes, and u cant really tell how much closer the wingers are playign to Cisse and how just from that, Cisse seems alot more into tthe game and more useful in the past week, maybe all tat is not visible.. but there is a definite sense of relief on the faces of the players.... more smiles.. more cheering... and more laughing in interviews...

This is a football club.. Not an army

And I always supported HTC, but if the players feel better and start playign better.... why the hell not

ive warmed to the new changes...i also supported ten cate...but im happy now with nioplias....however..

i just dont rate lazaro at all...if your taking names down for people who say he wont ever cut it...put me at the top in bold letters...

apart from that im happy for now..

I understand his personal issues. Everyone has issues. Someone doesn't play enough; someone gets subbed when he doesn't feel like it; someone plays a position they don't want; someone makes less than someone else; Problem is, if everyone vents their frustration it makes for a messed up team and it distracts from the real goal.

Sure Cleyton feels like he should be playing. But he had a golden opportunity last year when he was signed. He had the backing of a prominent shareholder, he was slated to be a starter (and started the season as a starter), fans liked him, but he just fizzled and lost focus. All reports indicate that his practice habits are more fitting for a team like Larissa. He was put on the trading block and no one wanted to pay any money for him.

Now he gets a second chance to make the squad and he acts like a spoiled kid. If anything, it's disrespectful to Nioblias who brought him back. But probably Cleyton knows it was his high connections that he owes to...

BTW, if Clayton was kept in the squad, either Roukavina or Petropoulos would have been left out. How fair would that have been? Gabriel was already out too. Would they all have the right to throw a fit? I say ship the guy somewhere to save our selves all the trouble. And to close the argument (I try to make them well rounded :P Sure he is talented, but so was Sibniefski, Sanmartean and co. All the talent in the world is wasted if the mental capacity is not there.

Cleyton needs Panathinaikos more than the team needs him.

ooooooo look at Cyber putting me in my place! I stand corrected :P

Let's see: a player is frustrated because he doesn't make the squad. OK, that's good that he wants to play. But, I think when the team plays in Athens, ALL players must be there to watch the game. It should be a requirement!

Besides, in case anyone has forgotten... All are PAID professionals, they're not volunteers.

Clayton's temperament is not what PAO needs.

ha ha I don't see it like "putting in place". I thought we were trying to reach a mutually acceptable solution through reasoned arguments :)

Athinaie, apparently it's in the team's rules that players must stay to watch the game. He was promptly fined by Pateras 20k for his taxi ride.

and take a look at this report: http://www.sportdog.gr/v3/article.aspx?id=117425 Apparently they call him Cleyton Shivas after his favorite beverage (not a big deal if he could play like George Best :LOL: )

there are already changes on this team....

Maybe u guys cant see drastic changes on the pitch... but its SOOOOOOOO apparent in player interviews...

Players like Lazaro and Ninis saying that they are no longer afraid of making a mistake in a game which would make them lose playing time in the following weeks.

Or someone like Ruka saying that from now on.. you will see pao play alot ''free'er''

There was so much pressure put on the players before that u can sort of feel that there is a huge weight lifted off the shoudlers of some of these individuals.... They all seem relieved...

and although there are maybe no visible on the field changes, and u cant really tell how much closer the wingers are playign to Cisse and how just from that, Cisse seems alot more into tthe game and more useful in the past week, maybe all tat is not visible.. but there is a definite sense of relief on the faces of the players.... more smiles.. more cheering... and more laughing in interviews...

This is a football club.. Not an army

And I always supported HTC, but if the players feel better and start playign better.... why the hell not

Which is exactly the point I made months ago: ten Cate had a reputation for having difficulty getting along with people. Keeping key players off the field because you don't like them is morally wrong, and has nothing to do being a good coach. Quite naturally I was ignored, because anything Panathinaikos throws at you you'll accept. Now you see the players more relaxed and happier, and you see the results (you'll see more positives). Supporting a coach that creates a negative atmosphere and treats players like crap doesn't make much sense to me, but if that spins your wheels, so be it.

You can write to Ten Catty at: 1776 Great Coach Lane, apt. 000, Red Light District, Lovesexy, Holland

Archived