Phantis Forums

PAOK vs Heerenveen

Euro2004

PAOK will play Heerenveen in the play offs of the Europa league.

There were 5 possible opponents: Werder, Everton, Heerenveen, Dinamo Zagreb and Litex Lovex.

Well it's not the easiest draw but it could have been ALOT worse. PAOK have got a great chance

I remember Heerenveen eliminating Olympiakos a couple of years back. They are no pushovers!

Certainly not. They score lots of goals (they got as many as AZ, the champs, last season = 66) but they concede an awful lot too, particularly away from home (overall conceded 57 in the league). They're a very open team and on average they were involved in 3.62 goals a game last season! :blink: So PAOK will have to be solid and convert their chances. It will be tough

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the team geled some more and can play as a cohesive unit, because the 2nd leg vs Valenegra scared the crap out of me. We will definitely need to finish off our chances if we have any hope of advancing.

Same Old story. Came out slow in the 1st half, had a better 2nd half but failed to finish our chances.

I can't say that I'm that down really, I have a good feeling about the game in Holland (I hope I'm right).

0-1, 1-2, 2-2 get us though. I don't think this undoable. I think you'll see Heerenveen open up in front of the home croud that will hopefully let PAOK get more chances.

Half time: 0-0.

PAOK have edged the play and they need a goal but the end product has been poor and the decision making hasn't been great in the final third either. Fotakis, Lino, Ivic and Musli have all made stupid decisions when in dangerous positions.

Come on PAOK get that goal gamoto

good game, many chances. I'd say it's 50-50 how this will end.

I don't think PAOK has created enough to be honest. Ivic's shot and Fotakis' chance. Cirllo's shot from distance was a half chance, not much more. They've only had the Henrique effort at the end of the half but PAOK are the team chasing the game remember. I give Heerenveen 65% chance of making it. I hope I'm wrong

and there are too many unforced errors in midfield!

Whether or not we deserved to qualify for the next round is up for debate. It doesn't matter now we are out.

Did we play better than them? I think so (I think most will agree)

Did we lack finishing? Definitely, this is why we are on the outside looking in

I felt good about this game, but I didn't count on our players missing point blank chances.

Anyway, although I'm very disappointed right now, it's time to concentrate on the Greek League now. I just hope the team doesn't get too down by this.

Whether or not we deserved to qualify for the next round is up for debate. It doesn't matter now we are out.

Did we play better than them? I think so (I think most will agree)

Did we lack finishing? Definitely, this is why we are on the outside looking in

I felt good about this game, but I didn't count on our players missing point blank chances.

Anyway, although I'm very disappointed right now, it's time to concentrate on the Greek League now. I just hope the team doesn't get too down by this.

Sorry mate but i disagree. PAOK created 3 chances today in a game they had to win. That's not enough. PAOK are better than what they showed. Santos' decisions were also poor in my opinion. He waited way too long before introducing Filomeno and Koutsianikoulis. It just wasn't a good performance

File I respect your opinion, but overall Herenveen had two real good chances in the two games, one of which deflected in. I feel PAOK had a lot of great chances (especially in Toumba), but like I stated before did not finish.

Now we all know that if you don't finish your chances, it comes back to bite you in the ass. Can you honestly tell me that Herenveen played better than PAOK in both games; therefore, why did we not deserve to qualify.

File I respect your opinion, but overall Herenveen had two real good chances in the two games, one of which deflected in. I feel PAOK had a lot of great chances (especially in Toumba), but like I stated before did not finish.

Now we all know that if you don't finish your chances, it comes back to bite you in the ass. Can you honestly tell me that Herenveen played better than PAOK in both games; therefore, why did we not deserve to qualify.

In my opinion PAOK didn't deserve to qualify for the following reasons. Heerenveen were lucky in the first leg, that's true, but PAOK knew what they had to do today. PAOK didn't really push and pressure Heerenveen. There were 2 excellent chances, both in the first half. In the 2nd half PAOK was non existent. When you consider that PAOk is the better team and practically played 2 home games because the fans turned the ground in to a 2nd Toumba today, that's not acceptable. PAOK should have dominated and won today, not edged the play in the first half before disappearing in the 2nd.

PAOK are better than that but they didn't show it today. I'm sorry file but i'm very disappointed. I was so excited about PAOK being back in Europe and they went out with a whimper today. :( So when I say PAOK didn't deserve to qualify, i don't mean that Heerenveen deserved to go through or that Heerenveen were better. I just mean that PAOK didn't do enough to earn the win.

Archived