Phantis Forums

PAOK vs Heerenveen

Euro2004

File there's no one here more disappointed than me. I'm disappointed at the fact that my team could not finish our chances and advance.

It's hard to see your team eliminated, and the team that you have outplayed moving on. I guess that's football sometimes though.

I would also like to add that I think PAOK had fast sucess last year, which changed people's presception of the team. Remember this was a team scraping by, a couple of years ago. Although I'm disappointed I'm not regretful, because being in a European competition for the first time in many years was a positive step for us (not trying to cover up the loss).

Anyway time to move on and concentrate on our league matches now.

I would also like to add that I think PAOK had fast sucess last year, which changed people's presception of the team. Remember this was a team scraping by, a couple of years ago. Although I'm disappointed I'm not regretful, because being in a European competition for the first time in many years was a positive step for us (not trying to cover up the loss).

You're right about this. But I was just so excited and hopeful and was disappointed. This goes back to the mentality issue I brought up in the PAO forums. Greek fans expect too little from their teams.

Sportdog.gr displays the front page of numerous Greek newspapers and the ONLY one that said PAOK didn't deserve to qualify was "O Filathlos".

PAOK is a big club with a huge fans and a good European pedigree. The fans are amazing and they are better than Heerenveen individually and collectively. We should be demanding that PAOK win these games not be content because they edged the play.

Archived