Phantis Forums

ERT no longer openly available from NTUA

From what I have heard, to get the NSS806 feed of ERT, you need a C-band dish

(these are big, like 1.2 m diameter?) and the installation may cost about 1K.

See the problem is that NSS806 suits ERT just fine because it covers 85% of the Americas and some of Europe.

Maybe a letter campaign will force them on KU

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep pushing ERT to get on FTA KU in the USA as we here in Australia have

We currently get ERT World FTA on Optus D2-Ku-Globecast, Optus D2-Ku-UBI World TV

And as for C-Band we also get 2 choices there also Telstar 10-Globecast, Telstar 10-UBI World TV ( RIK Sat is also FTA here with ERT )

Like I've been saying...the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In fact, the 10 fingers each don't know what the other is doing over at ERT. They add a link to the live stream on their website, then force the provider of the stream to take it down after 10 years with the extremely lame and implausible excuse that it was a "pilot program" that "ended" last week. Simply amazing!

How did you accomplish this? and how many people stricty do have ERT only vs taking the greek package?

Most likely nearly every greek and his dog would have ERT World since its free not sure of percentage figures with pay tv greek channels but ERT would have to be higher viewers since its free and all

Alot of greeks in the US should petition to the greek embassy etc and get the message to Greece for ERT to do something about it

I dont know how ERT does it for Australia as a free service but not for the USA just sounds crazy to me...

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that ERT World has been removed from the Greek package on NEXTV, I wonder if this has something to do with what is being discussed in this thread?!

On another note, I second Kolossos' idea about starting a petition about ERT World and its status in North America. I say everyone should contact the SAE, they are the organization that is supposedly representing the Greek diaspora and our views in Greece. If enough people do this then they will have to act and at the very least look into the matter and find out why those down under get to watch ERT World at no charge and us here in North America pay through the nose for it.

Let the Fight Begin! :box:

EDIT: Here are the websites for the local branches of the SAE-

SAE Canada- www.saecanada.net

SAE US- www.saeusa.org

Archived