Phantis Forums

Olympiakos vs Aek

paxiotis7

First derby of the season. Its going to be big, Im hoping we rest a lot of our players thursday so they can be fresh. I havnt really see aek for 90 minutes this year, so my opinion isnt that accurate. Aek have made some very good signings liek Djebbour, Basnias and Kyriakos. Aeks defence seem to be strong on paper but they did concede two to Panionios. Well see, anything can happen in a game like this. They are almost impossible to predict

Prediction : 2-1 Olympiakos

Greek football is in a mess.

Our teams are increasingly fielding (mediocre?) foreign players and employing foreign coaches without proven records.

We have regressed to levels where we haven't been in years. For this rot to stop we need a team with a majority Greek influence to succeed in the league.

In this case AEK seems to have one up on the other main clubs with a Greek manager and a scattering of Greek talent.

Things are no different in Thessaloniki where ARIS could not field a single Greek player in the derby to PAOK.

Anyway I see a draw in this match as well.

Greek football is in a mess.

Our teams are increasingly fielding (mediocre?) foreign players and employing foreign coaches without proven records.

Valverede and Henk Ten Cate both have very good track records in europe. But yes, I agree with you. Teams ahve to be built of local talent, and in my opinion the problem is we dont have enough greek talent. Greek Talent is too expesive, because it is in high demand. Look at Xristodoulopous of Pao. Very average player, but he is greek and that is why Oly and Pao were bidding on him for millions. Same thing with Galistios. There is nothign special with his play. We almost spent a million euros on him and for what? Why spend nearly a million when you can get the same player for way cheeper. Look at Warren Moon. I think Pao signed him for like 200K, and he is way better than Galistios. Thats why there is a bunch of foreners. Aek do have the best greek players in the league, and as a result will come third. Its really unfortunate, but I think you have to invist in foregn talent.

Anyways, Id like to see a similar line up like vs Nortzland:

--------------------------Niko---------------------------

-Torosidis------Zewlakow------Aavram-------Domi-

Galletti-------Stoltidis--------Dudu-------------Leto--

-------------------------Belluchi------------------------

-------------------------Diogo--------------------------

Anyways, Id like to see a similar line up like vs Nortzland:

--------------------------Niko---------------------------

-Torosidis------Zewlakow------Aavram-------Domi-

Galletti-------Stoltidis--------Dudu-------------Leto--

-------------------------Belluchi------------------------

-------------------------Diogo--------------------------

Your line up is almost the same as Valverde is planning of using with the excemption of 2. 1)Stoltidis,who is out injured for a month and Djole or Patsatzoglou taking his place and Antzas in place for Zevlakow.

----------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------------

---Torosidis--------Antzas---------------A.Papadopoulos---------------Domi-------------

-------Galletti-------------Dudu---------Djole or Patsa---------------Leto-----------------

---------------------------------------Belluschi-----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Diogo--------------------------------------------------

I would rather Patsa start, despite that I think he is crap. Djole has been out for a month and is not ready to play 90 minutes, so why shoould we start him. I think a guy like Djordjvic is a perfect impact sub, especially in a big derby like this. The two serbs are perfect impact subs imo. As for the game itself, their better be a goal in the first 30 mins or something cause if we dont see that, I know these teams will just drop back and hope for 0-0.

We should take it to these guys, because we are the home team, and we will have the crowd with this. There is no excuse why we shouldnt win. But anything can happen

The only reason behind Djole maybe starting instead of Patsatzoglou was the fact that Patsa is recovering from a small injury that he got in our last league game against abalous of OFI.The last reports say that both Patsa and Dudu will start as our center midfielders and that also Y.Papadopoulos will be at the bench in case we have any more suprise injuries.

Good^

I really like yianni papadopoulos. I thought he was a really good player in our pre season. Im surprised he didnt make it too the bench more often, but then again we have a lot of depth in his postition.

Im getting really pumped for this game. This is the biggest game weve had in a while. We need to put aek in a whole early in the season. But yeah, im looking forword to some good football, ive seen some good games this morning, liverpool man city, and newcastle everton (right now) and i getting pumped for some good greek football. I hope its like that derby a few years ago where we tied aek 3-3 and if it wasnt for that stupidity by nikopolidis we would have won

Valverde got balls.He had no problem to use Y.Papadopoulos on the derby when Dudu could not continue anymore and the youngster played well as he was the one that helped create the second goal for Olympiakos.Good game and a good win for our club.

^ Ya I know, I was shocked to see y. Papadopoulos, but the kid didnt play bad. He is certainly not shy and tried to score from everywhere

Good job Olympiakos for winning the first derby of the season! We played pretty good actally, good enough to win. The one thing that bothers me about this team, and the greek league in general, is all the flopping and the whining. But most players played good anyways.

There was a couple of scouts at the game to watch diogo, from chelsea, liverpool and middlesbourough. Thank god Diogo didnt have that good of a game, despite that he didnt score. Its Diogo first derby in greece, and he is still new too the country. Still though, it was not diogos fault that he played bad. The lone striker system was useless today. Sotiris Kyriakos was very good untill Kovacevic came on. When Diogo was alone up there, all Donis had to do was throw Kyriakos on him, and DIogo was getting frustrated. Valverede made a good change taking Belluchi off, and brining Kova on. I thought it was a litle early, but Oly, need a bit of fire power. Once Kovacevic came on, Aek was done. Kyriakos had poor marking on Darko on his goal. ANd then on Diogo's goal, Kyriakos marked Darko well, but Diogo beat his man.

I also have to give props to Galletti, who was amazing, yet again. He deserves to be on the Argentina NT. How did we manage to sign such a good player! He is awsome game after game. I was dissapointed with our other Argentine today, Sebastian Leto. Very average game by him . It was good to see Djole back, he played so so, but its good to have him back. The defence was really good today. Everyone. Theyre was no real scares at the back other than the one dokari.

I also have to give props to Galletti, who was amazing, yet again. He deserves to be on the Argentina NT. How did we manage to sign such a good player! He is awsome game after game.

I was thinking the same thing. I was telling myself today, he is by FAR the best player we have, we are lucky to still have him on the team, because I can see him playing for a top level EPL team. He's so good. Whenever he's got the ball, he can make things happen, his ball control is awesome no matter how many defenders are closing in on him and he's always got his eyes on his teammates to set up a goal.

Kyriakos had poor marking on Darko on his goal. ANd then on Diogo's goal, Kyriakos marked Darko well, but Diogo beat his man.

I don't think you can blame Kyrgiakos for Kova's goal. When Kovacevic picked up the ball he was a tight angle and quite a distance from goal. If Saja didn't come in to "no-mans-land" Kova wouldn't have scored.

I don't think you can blame Kyrgiakos for Kova's goal. When Kovacevic picked up the ball he was a tight angle and quite a distance from goal. If Saja didn't come in to "no-mans-land" Kova wouldn't have scored.

Imo Kyirakos left him a bit too much room. I just shouldnt really say anything though, because had kyriakos been marking darko tighter, the ball could have just been played up the midle through the two defenders. The fault of this goal was the AEK player who did not get the ball out and lost it in a very bad spot.

Archived