Phantis Forums

Ofi-Olympiakos

Crazy

Matchday 4 will bring our team to play an away game against our beloved OFI aka PAO(2).Since this week Olympiakos had no other games to play and the fact that OFI has long been a team that always treat the games against us with an extra passion and motivation,i hope our boys come out looking stronger and better for the whole game and leave no hope for Ofi to believe that can steal point or points from us.Performance like our away game against Xanthi should not be repeated and lets see if the team really gets better as time moves on.

This is a test to see how good the team can play away from home. The team has showed that they are capable of playing well at home ( vs panserillkos and tripolis) but every game we have played away from hoem has been very bad ( Anorthosis, Xanthi and what ever that danish team is called). The players have to take every game llike it is there last. I like how Valverde is not afarid to change up the line up every week. That way it is, no ones spot is not confirmed in the starting 11 and every player has to play their best week in week out just to get the spot in the starting 11. That way every one should play their best every game or else they will lost their spot. This has happend to Leonardo. He hasnt really been playing great, and he lost the starting spot to domi. This can be a wake up call to other players, and hopefully all the players come out with passion.

I have a feeling that belluchi wont start even though Stoltidis wont play, and we will either start oscar or patsa. For some reason I think Valverde doesnt like belluchi. Its a shame, because I really think Belluchi is top class.

I have a feeling that belluchi wont start even though Stoltidis wont play, and we will either start oscar or patsa. For some reason I think Valverde doesnt like belluchi. Its a shame, because I really think Belluchi is top class.

Belluscho actually started the game.The match is in the first 23 minutes and my note so far is that Ofi was,is and will be considered a PAO B for the simple reason that half the team is former or loan players from the original PAO and they really trying extra hard to injure one of our players and gettinf something started.... <_< :angry:

Sorry guys but I have to say that this is a JOKE!!!

These OFI players should be getting the straight red card after their tackles once the ball has left the player. This 4th referee has to get involved and say something to the man in the middle...

BUT, this is Greek soccer after all...

I am just afraid of not getting any from our players injured since the ref and his assistants are totally blind and allow to OFI players to foul all the time and get 1 yellow card after 5-6 murder tacklings.Our foreign players dont know about our love-hate story with the team from Crete but getting kicked more that the ball in the first 45 minutes surelly has made them mad.

Dropped 2 points today. Could have won it, but OFI is a toughie in Iraklio. We lost our game last season and it cost us dearly, perhaps the title. They were playing us very rough too.

I also expect Ergotelis to be hard to beat there.

We did not play great but we had some chances to win the game and we did not capitalize on them.Ofi proved one more time how "important"it is for them the games against us and how hard they try to please their father team.I have no problem with a team playing defencive or hard football but so much dirty kicking and fouling with only a few late yellow cards it is a joke.I look forward to check the encounter between them and Pao on the same stadium.

PS.Lets put into the records a penalty not given for Olympiakos on a ninja kick that happened on Belluschi.

PS.Lets put into the records a penalty not given for Olympiakos on a ninja kick that happened on Belluschi.

Now, tell me where in the rules book does it say "ninja kicks"..... :LOL:

Seriously, unsportsmanlike conduct should not be allowed. Last year it was Asteras that was brutal and went too far. I'm sure there were others too.

If we all enjoy the beauty of the sport, then unnecessary roughness must stop. No skillful player would risk a career-ending "ninja kick". And, the more the refs allow this the worse it gets.

Ninja kick.... :LOL: More like "flying guillotine" [from a KungFu movie I saw :P ]

We did not play great. We were still the better team yesterday, but only by a bit. We were unlucky to not finish some really easy chances. Kovacevic and Torosidis had golden oppertunitys that they really should have put away. And Diogo scored a beauty taht was dissalowed, Very nice goal, but i cant remember why it was called off. I think a foul or offisde. Point is we should have done better

I thought the ref was horrible. Ofi were very rough out there and the refs were allowing it. Ref should have been more stricked. Also I noticed a few times the ref also stopped out momentum. When we tryed to take quick free kicks, the ref stopped us numoruous times when we could have got legit chances out of them.

We did not play great but we had some chances to win the game and we did not capitalize on them.Ofi proved one more time how "important"it is for them the games against us and how hard they try to please their father team.I have no problem with a team playing defencive or hard football but so much dirty kicking and fouling with only a few late yellow cards it is a joke.I look forward to check the encounter between them and Pao on the same stadium.

i agree it was harsh but as the replay showed on athlitiki kyriaki, it wasnt a penalty.

it was a foul just outside the box. the infraction happened inside the semi circle just outside the box

However ofi should of played with 10 after a blatant foul that was only a yellow

The spin machine has successfully blinded everyone it seems :rolleyes:

It reminds me how PAO fans talk about the "penalty" as the reason we lost the game at AEK.

OFI played a very physical game and 99% of the time it was within legal parameters. There were two or three dangerous tackles that should have been punished by either an extra yellow or red, but the reality is that Olympiakos lost because their game had neither beginning nor end.

It is not just Mazarakos. I watched game after game this season as players perform dangerous tackles (Olympiakos' players too), the kind of which are mentioned specifically with pictures in the rules as infractions that should invoke a red card. But the refs don't show them. Often it seems that they think "its too early to start carding", or "I don't want to be the protagonist" etc. It's ridiculous.

But don't kid yourselves. The "goal" was a clear foul and Diogo should had seen a yellow for continuing after the whistle had blown. OFI did nothing out of the ordinary. Olympiakos simply choked with horrible tactics, bad play, and bad attitude.

Aside from two plays that Barkaouan, OFI played like most little teams play against big teams, except instead of looking timid and fatalistic, they played with determination and for the most part they out-hustled Olympiakos players to the ball. Olympiakos tried to match the physicality but they are not equipped fur such a game.

All the complaining about the referee is aimed at gaining future favorable calls from the refs. PAO and AEK are doing the same thing. Last week Theodoridis told Antoniadis to leave the refs alone and now we are reading that grandpa himself with "show up" at the "superleague" :blink: I hope they ordered enough pampers :LOL:

Fellas we can all agree that what OFI played was not good soccer and there's something that needs to be done in our league that has to change. It's unbelievable that I watch the Greek League then I change the channel to watch some EPL or Italian League game and I see a better game... These sort of tackles (from any club/team) need to be cut out.

:tdown:

Archived