Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Larisa

MadBoy13

Postiga looks better and better. he is a keeper. we played a reserved game with 2 players who havent played for us yet this year and with ivan returning from injury.

However considering we played with a man up from the 43rd we should of put 3 away. 2 is better than 1 however.

Next week is our biggest game of the year. we win there and its alot easier afterwards.

We have XANTHI(A) Panionios (H) Iraklis (H) Ofi (A) Aris (H) and Kalamaria (A)

i believe we will beat panionio, iraklis, Ofi and Kalamaria.

Aris at Leoforos and Xanthi away are our 2 biggest games left.

Oly has AEK, Larisa and Xanthi

Aek have Toumba,Tripoli,Aris and Oly.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something OFF TOPIC: is fifa 08 for PC any good? I got it last night but i didnt open it yet...

hell yeah.. tuesday pro 2008 is out!!!

I agree... Aris at home and Xanthi away are our toughest games by far. The thing is that Larissa had chances tonight and I kind of dread to think what's gonna be like against Aris. But, we won by two and, don't get this wrong, but I think that starting Ninis and Manucho will hopefully stop the bitching about these two guys - which is a good thing because we can use some positive spirit.

Titus, larisa had chances because they dont play with 3 DMs or 5 backs.

Aris has consistently played with 3 DMs and they expect alot from Koke,Javito,Siston, Amaroso,Ivic whoever of those 3 will play.

I believe itll be a close game etc but lets focus on Xanthi.

i have fifa 08 for pc. its great plus there is an update you can get to get the greek league in there.

how canu get pro ev 08 in North america

you can find it to any store that sells video games!!! it comes out on tuesday march 13!!!!

check this out for pro 08 for PC:

hot right?

i dont know if we can call Postiga a keeper. I think hes decent but really overrated and likley very overpriced. I really feel can do better in the transfer market this summer. I think we need to get at very least 2 new forwards this summer.

i have fifa 08 for pc. its great plus there is an update you can get to get the greek league in there.

how canu get pro ev 08 in North america

you can find it to any store that sells video games!!! it comes out on tuesday march 13!!!!

check this out for pro 08 for PC:

hot right?

speaking of Pro Evolution....

i heard this song yesteday and its hillarious.... :tup:

since when is pro evolution available in North america, its only in europe. here we have Winning Eleven

its same... its call it: winning eleven - pro evolution 08

send me a PM for the greek patch for fifa 08 and anything to do with the greek league!! thanks nikola mou... :P

In NA it's going to come out under the name pro evolution 2008. As for the game we did good in the first half. The second half we didn't play as good until Spiropoulos made that pass to get manucho the goal after that we played well. I don't know about anyone else but I was very impressed by our foul tactics first time I've seen this from Pao in a long time.

Ok one more precius victory from our Team. Hard worked, not always great playing from our Players.At last we saw Ninis and Manucho playing.

Ninis showed that even though his absence he is a great if not our greatest player in the midfield.

Manucho had an awful game and showed why Peseiro had him out so long.But he also showed why Peseiro should have positioned him as an change in the Team when we play with croses. This guy has KILLER instinct.

Kara shows once more that he is our only true LEADER.

Gali one more game great performance.

Matos in the last games plays mostly in second half which i dont understand.

Simao imo did his worst game today. He only fouled all the time.

PAO gera protathlima ksana.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

Today i could completely understand Peseiro's decision to use 2 DM's

We played in a small court against a very offensive team. Sadly Simao was not good today.

auto simenei epithetikos... na tou erthei mia eukairia kai na tin kanei goal... ti na to kano ego an o epithetikos mou kanei 10 faseis kai den vazei goal?? (etc. Ndoye)!

pantos tha diafoniso me to agapito tsoglanaki... i believe that simao had a good game! :)

Great win and confidence booster. The players look like they believe, with Goumas and Karagounis leading the emotional charge.

Every week another hero! Manoucho with a critical goal, Ninis with an awesome long ball to Salpi on the red card play; Spyropoulos with a nice cross/assist; Simao with the skill and calm (I think he will be the one gone to ManU this or next summer - you read it here first. My crystal ball does not lie often). Mattos with the work in the second, Galinovic with a world class save, Salpigidis with the work rate and constant scoring, Ivanschitz with the sweet left foot (and some good runs today, he set up the assist in the first goal, and served half a goal to Salpi), Karagounis with the lead, Nilsson with the nice dribble down the right corner. The team with good combination plays... everything seems to be falling in place now. Gonzales proved he does not deserve all the love the team and funs had shown him.

While everyone loves dribbles and dominating an opponent, the secret of our success so far is our defensive attitude (not just the defensive line). The reason we lost in previous years was not that we could not score, but it was that the other teams could get plenty of chances to score on us with ease.

Here is what I think the secret has been: No easy forward passes for our opponents. As soon as we lose the ball, the PAO player near the ball swarms to the opponent who has it, and the players around him block the outlet passes. If the opponent goes by the first PAO player, he immediately faces a second. He doesn't have time to look up and deliver a pass behind our midfield line, he has to release himself. This is the work of everyone on the pitch, but our three major CM are mostly responsible for this (Mattos, Tziolis, Simao). You win the ball in midfield, you keep the opponents down to a couple of chances per game, you keep winning.

Six more. If you watched Olympiakos today you will know that we are fresher, and better in all facets of the game at the most critical moment.

Now, there is another factor that will help us: Confidence.

With this game the team did the following:

1-- Won and added three points to our championship run

2-- Beat an excellent team

3-- Stocked up on confidence

4-- Scored more than once (no reason to hear about our one-goal wins any more (we have 11 so far, and by comparison, Olympiakos has 11 wins by one goal but you never hear about it.)

5-- Began integrating Manoucho into the squad

6-- Began working Ninis into the game

7-- Forced a man-down half with skill play (fantastic pass by Ninis, dominating run by Salpigidis)

8-- Got a little rest for Karagounis (first half)

9-- Saw the leadership of Karagounis and Goumas (go back and watch how decisive he was on defense)

10-- Gave a good reason to Oly and AEK to believe that their chances are slim

11-- Oh, yes, I thought the forwards found some good space an used it well, and our midfield provided some good service today. Set pieces were good too.

11-- Something I forgot -- just add to our positives.

This win was more important because it came against one of the best teams that was on a hot streak (5 wins, one draw until today). That Larissa had three chances only is an achievement in itself.

PS: No I don't think we are a super team. But it's the first time in years that I enjoy watching our play. Will we win all our games to the end? My experience says yes. It's going to be six more wins and a nice 100-year B-day gift.

PS2: I wanted Galitsios this past January, and he is a good player, but he is very immature. His over-jealous play (trying too hard to help his new team) cost him two deserved yellows. I have a good friend who plays electric guitar. He said when he began playing with a rock band for the first time, the hardest thing for him was to hold back his play and let the band members complement each other. Can you imagine if everyone goes into solos all the time? This is what I thought today watching Spyropoulos. Maturity allowed him to play a good game (never mind the dribble he suffered. All fullbacks expect wingers to go by them once or twice per game. You don't expect your full backs to win a game, but you expect mature play, short memory (on bad plays), an at least two or three good crosses per game.

PS3: Kudos for the solid planning this summer and January. Spyropoulos to Manoucho was made in the transfer period.

PS4: Mhdena pro tou telous makarize (Don't judge anyone before The End) :P

wait i just noticed that were only up by one point???

does this seriously mean Olympiaikos won the case and were AWARDED 3 points over an inelligable player??!??!!!??!?! At very most it should be a REMATCH. Thats BULL****

To hell with the BOUGHT superleageue and to hell with Olympilagos.

That is trully pathetic. That club, those fans have no self respect and they never did. Getting 3 points over a player with a loophole in paperwork.

Thats not football. Thats not class. If the game has to be replayed fairly, fine, its harsh but at least its reasonable.

Complelty handing over 3 points to them is outrageous, not justice and smells fixed and biased to me....

does this seriously mean Olympiaikos won the case and were AWARDED 3 points over an inelligable player??!??!!!??!?! At very most it should be a REMATCH. Thats BULL****

That is trully pathetic. That club, those fans have no self respect and they never did. Getting 3 points over a player with a loophole in paperwork.

Thats not football. Thats not class. If the game has to be replayed fairly, fine, its harsh but at least its reasonable.

Complelty handing over 3 points to them is outrageous, not justice and smells fixed and biased to me....

Calm down Drakos13.

PAO's getting the title under such circumstances will be even sweater :tup:

Na doume tote ti tha lene ta gavrakia diladi afta pou eos tora fonazoune kiolas oti eixane dikio saftin tin ipothesi. Even though i wouldnt mind getting the title easier and with less heartattacks, if we could get the title being with the same points with Enstasiakos would be real SWEAT :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's an international, FIFA regulated rule that if you play an ineligible player you suffer a 3-0 loss. I agree that it's an unfavourable way to win a league, but it doesnt mean that the Superleague is "Bought".

Does anyone know how Ninis and Manucho played?

Ninis played a very good game for someone who hasnt played in almost 7 months. he had three good crosses, a very nice pass to manucho, a BEAUTIFUL pure class through ball to salpi which sent on a breakaway and caused galitsios to cut him down from behind, 2 shots and alot of smiles.

Manucho looked out of sorts in the first half. he barely knew where salpi was and vice versa. in the second half, you could tell he was gettin the hang of the team more and scored on his only chance of the game on a beautiful cross by Spyropoulos.

As for the whole kalamaria situation. Dude, the only thing that bothers me is not the fact that Kalamaria were dealt a loss on paper etc. Its how EPO came to a decision blaming the team for playing a player that EPO themselves gave the working visa to. thats all.

aek, aris, paok, atromitos, ergotelis, levadia, veria, kalamaria and iraklis are the teams that pao beat by one goal.

aek, aris, paok, ergotelis, veria twice, kalamaria, iraklis, ofi and xanthi are the teams that Oly beat by one goal.

Thats 9 one goal games each. pao has eight games of 1-0 and oly has 7

the games that oly had 3 or more goals agaisnt the opponents and won, they have scored 3 penalties in those games.

Pao were not given clear cut penalties in the AEK game, the Tripoli game, the Xanthi game and the Atromito game last week.

Thats 4 goals more. who knows how many more would of come if we had a 2 goal difference in those games.

im saying the reflection of the 1-0 games etc are not very clear. Oly have just as much trouble scoring goals as pao does.

Sure oly has injuries but Pao has had just as many. If u consider, Leontiou,Eki, Ninis have all missed more than 17 games and Ivanshitz has missed another 7 due to injury.

Oly has had major injuries to there Midfield but only recently has Lua Lua and Galetti been ineligible. Kovacevic, Lua lua and Galetti have been healthy all year long up until february 3rd. Oly is still in the hunt due to 3 key penalties saved by nikopolidis. Forget about wussy penalties against ergotelis, aris and good goals being called back as in the Iraklis game. forget those 6 points extra. and forget about oly winning game on paper. nevermind those 3 points.

Oly has been saved by Nikopolidis. Case closed.

Archived