Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Larisa

MadBoy13

we have to be carefull on this game... larisa is not an easy team.. for me 1-0 its not gonna be enough with team like larisa...

- Sunday, March 9, 2008

- 19.00 at Leoforos (local time)

- Live from NET (in Greece), ERT world (outside Greece)

- matchday 24

- Referee: ---

1. PANATHINAIKOS 53 (HOME 9-2-0) (GOALS HOME 15-2)

7. LARISA 32 (AWAY 2-2-5) (GOALS AWAY 6-11)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thrasivoulos result wont do any favours to their team morale

we will win by 2 goals +

7 games left and every one of them is the most important game of the season.

Id like to win the prota8lhma this year, and Id like to win it before the seasons over with points to spare....

Larisa is sometimes bad but can be tough. Unlike teams weve been playing against latley, when we screw around and dont finish all our chances or score any - they CAN come back and score one on us. So IMO this is a tough game, at least its in Leoforos which will help.

Id like to see a 3-0 here. Dominating throughout, realistically we might just 1-0 it off a corner or setpeice again......worst case scenario 1-1 or 0-0

Pao will win.. i just hope the olympiakos court case decision doesnt put any pressure on them and affect the teams morale.

I had a look at the run home for PAO and OLY.. and i think our most danderous game is Xanthi away.. always a hard team to beat on the road... I'm also a little bit iffy with OFI.. we always seem to get draws at their ground.. We also have ARIS at home who are 4th.. but i think we will be too good at home..

On the other hand Olympiakos has AEK away and Xanthi away and are more likely to drop points than PAO..

My predictions if anyone is interested or would like to add anything different..

PANATHINAIKOS vs

Larisa(8th) Home = 3 points

Xanthi (7th) Away = 1 points

Iraklis (12th) Home - 3 points

Panionions (6th) Home = 3 Points

OFI (10th) Away = 3 points

Aris (4th) Home = 3 points

Kalamarias(15th) Away = 3 points

TOTAL = 1st with 72 Points

OLYMPIAKOS vs

Veria(14th) Away = 3 points

Atromitos (11th) Home = 3 points

Levadiakos (13th) Away = 3 points

AEK (3rd) Away = 1 point

Larisa (8th) Home= 3 points

Xanthi (7th) Away = 1 point

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points

TOTAL = 2nd 69 points

I might be thinking far ahead, i may be very hopeful and it is hard to predict greek football because many times you see a little team unexpectidly turn out to be a giant killer. But if Oly and Pao play to their average abilities i believe pao will have the easier run home and win the league by 3 points+

Where do you see pao possibly losing points or Oly losing points?

BTW, rangers beat Werder Bremen 2-0 today in the first leg of Uefa cup. Popo.. we would of probably made the round of 8 if we didnt allow that late goal. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The result was somewhat misleading... the Weder keeper put in a performance on a par with Nikopolidis vs Turkey.

The result was somewhat misleading... the Weder keeper put in a performance on a par with Nikopolidis vs Turkey.

that game was honestly the most disgraceful match Ive ever seen any keeper put up...

I doubt at 2-0 Werder could have been that bad!

But yeah Rangers arent winning anything dont worry guys maybe lucky against green teams but thatll be over next round then.... :LOL:

As for Levendi makes an interesting question:

to be honest I wouldnt count on OSFP losing points. They have an easy lineup.

AEK yeah is a hope to slow them down, but lets be honest we rely on AEK's help every year at the end and every time they lose to OSFP. I have no faith that AEK will pull a tie even with Gavros.

AEK and Larisa matches are their most likely.

Xanthi away is tough, but OSFP usually win the last games of the season.

As for us dropping points Im worried about:

Larisa this weekend

Aris at home (our home matches are really not in any way/shape/form guaranteed wins, our home advantage doesnt really exist unless we bring back G13...)

Panionios ....

Xanthi away....tough, we usually win but its always a big game.

So yeah according to my predictions I still see us not winning it. Be perfectly honest we havent had convincing performances in the league, I hope, but Im not convinced.

We win too many games by a hair, and Peseiros lineups are not great. He honestly seems too settled on rotating things every game. We should at this point be playing our strongest lineup EVERY Game. So when were playing tough teams like Panionios, Larisa, OFI and Aris...they have the abilltiy to hit back, where as weve been struggling playing the easy teams.....Levadiakos, Veria, Kalamarias, Atromitos, Ergotelis

Guest TheLegend

like he did against Oly. yes i know

Keeper had nothing to do with Oly slaughtering them. nice try though :LOL:

Why dont you watch the game b4 you try to put other teams down 24/7. Are you one of those in total 3000 pao fans that go to games and bitch about other teams but not your own?

Pao will win.. i just hope the olympiakos court case decision doesnt put any pressure on them and affect the teams morale.

I had a look at the run home for PAO and OLY.. and i think our most danderous game is Xanthi away.. always a hard team to beat on the road... I'm also a little bit iffy with OFI.. we always seem to get draws at their ground.. We also have ARIS at home who are 4th.. but i think we will be too good at home..

On the other hand Olympiakos has AEK away and Xanthi away and are more likely to drop points than PAO..

My predictions if anyone is interested or would like to add anything different..

PANATHINAIKOS vs

Larisa(8th) Home = 3 points

Xanthi (7th) Away = 1 points

Iraklis (12th) Home - 3 points

Panionions (6th) Home = 3 Points

OFI (10th) Away = 3 points

Aris (4th) Home = 3 points

Kalamarias(15th) Away = 3 points

OLYMPIAKOS vs

Veria(14th) Away = 3 points

Atromitos (11th) Home = 3 points

Levadiakos (13th) Away = 3 points

AEK (3rd) Away = 1 point

Larisa (8th) Home= 3 points

Xanthi (7th) Away = 1 point

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points

TOTAL = 2nd 69 points

I might be thinking far ahead, i may be very hopeful and it is hard to predict greek football because many times you see a little team unexpectidly turn out to be a giant killer. But if Oly and Pao play to their average abilities i believe pao will have the easier run home and win the league by 3 points+

Where do you see pao possibly losing points or Oly losing points?

My predictions are following

PANATHINAIKOS vs

Larisa(8th) Home = 3 points <<<they play an open game and Peseiro already said that he doesnt intent to keep up the rotation since we dont have such a hard program with several games in short time anymore

Xanthi (7th) Away = 3 points <<<<Xanthi this year doesnt really impress me

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points<<<<<<<As long as the refs dont try to change smt this game is ours.

Panionions (6th) Home = 3 Points<<<<<<<Here i am a bit afraid since Panionios always plays like mad against us in comparison to his games with Oly where he opens his legs like a slut

OFI (10th) Away = ? points <<<<This game will decide the title really imo. OFI has been several times the one which cost us valuable points in several seasons.

Aris (4th) Home = 3 points <<<< Aris is good team which plays offensive footbal.

I see us here playing a really defensive and using our small court to destroy Aris game.

Kalamarias(15th) Away = ? points<<<<A hard game if Kalamaria's staying in the SL is dependand on it. If not i bet Kalamaria will give us this game so Oly doesnt become champion.

OLYMPIAKOS vs

Veria(14th) Away = 3 points << i wouldnt be so sure that Oly can definitely get here the 3 points since Veroia has in the last 11 games at home 5 ties and only 1 loss.Oly also has the same problem with us playing good against tight defenses.The court in Veroia is really dangerous and so i am not sure the Oly primadonas will be risking an injurie.

Atromitos (11th) Home = 3 points<<< agree

Levadiakos (13th) Away = 3 points<<<<Subteam to oly how else could it be

AEK (3rd) Away = 1 point<<< If AEK keeps up with the top they will at least try to get second and be better positioned in the playoffs so it definitely can become a game where oly looses.

Larisa (8th) Home= 3 points<<<< Larisa is a tight opponent but i doubt they will be using Galitsios for example in this game so wont be the best 11 startup.

Xanthi (7th) Away = 1 point<<<<<Same as i think about PAO game with Xanthi

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points<<<<<Forget Iraklis this season. Only chance that Iraklis can harm Oly is if they play for their SL survival.

The good thing about us this season is that WE control our future, unlike many years in the past.

Good points/analysis you make here, even though it's hard to know which PAO will show up. (and which ref too ;) )

I'm concerned with the Xanthi game (away). We should beat OFI, because we know that OFI has prevented us from winning 2 titles in the past, and we shouldn't allow this again.

Gavroi should lose points too. AEK has to stay in the hunt when they play Oly in a few weeks. Otherwise, they won't fight hard, and Oly has won most of their matches against them in recent years.

Oly also has to play Xanthi and the latter has given gavroi a very hard time.

Yes, we should win this one. PAO wins, Greece wins in Euro :tup:

im telling you guys you have to much faith in AEK helping us out....were hoping for AEK to do it every year and every year when we need it they just lose...

AEK will likely be out of the race by that match anyways....there pretty much out now.

Heres My predictions ..

PANATHINAIKOS vs

Larisa(8th) Home = 3 points, will really struggle in this match 1-0

Xanthi (7th) Away = 3 points, tight win

Iraklis (12th) Home - 3 points, 2-0, we score both goals early and look confident

Panionions (6th) Home = 1 point, 0-0, we got cocky from the previous match

OFI (10th) Away = 3 points, 2-1 easy match with Ofi scoring late

Aris (4th) Home = 3 points, 1-0 tight win here again, penalty to us

Kalamarias(15th) Away = 3 points, 3-0 we wrap up our season

TOTAL = 72 Points

OLYMPIAKOS vs

Veria(14th) Away = 3 points, 3-0 easy match

Atromitos (11th) Home = 3 points, 2-0, lates goals to save face

Levadiakos (13th) Away = 3 points, 4-0, slaghter house!

AEK (3rd) Away = 3 point, 1-0, late cheap goal after been out played (whats new)

Larisa (8th) Home= 3 points, 2-0 no resistance from larisa

Xanthi (7th) Away = 3 points, 1-0, late sus penalty given after heaps of favourble calls given in favour for oly

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points, 1-0 and win the championship

TOTAL = 73 Points

Heres My predictions ..

PANATHINAIKOS vs

Larisa(8th) Home = 3 points, will really struggle in this match 1-0

Xanthi (7th) Away = 3 points, tight win

Iraklis (12th) Home - 3 points, 2-0, we score both goals early and look confident

Panionions (6th) Home = 1 point, 0-0, we got cocky from the previous match

OFI (10th) Away = 3 points, 2-1 easy match with Ofi scoring late

Aris (4th) Home = 3 points, 1-0 tight win here again, penalty to us

Kalamarias(15th) Away = 3 points, 3-0 we wrap up our season

TOTAL = 72 Points

OLYMPIAKOS vs

Veria(14th) Away = 3 points, 3-0 easy match

Atromitos (11th) Home = 3 points, 2-0, lates goals to save face

Levadiakos (13th) Away = 3 points, 4-0, slaghter house!

AEK (3rd) Away = 3 point, 1-0, late cheap goal after been out played (whats new)

Larisa (8th) Home= 3 points, 2-0 no resistance from larisa

Xanthi (7th) Away = 3 points, 1-0, late sus penalty given after heaps of favourble calls given in favour for oly

Iraklis (12th) Home = 3 points, 1-0 and win the championship

TOTAL = 73 Points

ta parales ligaki.... poly foskolo vlepeis!!! :P :P :P

hmm... guys, dont forget to change your clock tomorrow at 2 am... one hour forward!

so panathas game will show at 13.00 pm (eastern time)

PS. in greece the time change on March 30

Keeper had nothing to do with Oly slaughtering them. nice try though  :LOL:

Why dont you watch the game b4 you try to put other teams down 24/7. Are you one of those in total 3000 pao fans that go to games and bitch about other teams but not your own?

the keeper against werder was the backup keeper. in case u didnt watch the game, two of the goals were shot right athim and he left a rebound two feet away for the oly players to rebound in. thats poor goalkeeping. Nikopolidis won that game for oly. he stopped 2 tete a tetes and 3 very difficult shots went out or were saved.

Oly had 6 shots that game and scored 3 goals.. but 5 of those shots took place on the three goals. so ya.. i think the goalie had something to do with it.

I bitch more about my team than just about anyone. U however always seem to blame ur coach , or the ref, or luck or injuries and never ur teams abismal performances this season. u should be a little more constructive.

Archived