Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applaud AEK players for not wanting to participate in the playoffs. I'd wish PAO did the same.

I would like to remind AEK players and fans, that the attempt to rob you of your title is happening under Tzigger's presidency. He has allowed this crap to happen.
I canot really agree with you on this because Tzigger is the president of Super League and NOT EPO. EPO is the one that gave the ok to Kalamaria for there player to play and EPO was the one that punish Kalamaria and gave the points to Olympiakos. Super League had NOTHING to do with this.!!!!!!

SL could aprove or disaprove on the EPO decision and not finalize the standings.The fact that they did nothing or almost nothing to change it has not been answered or chalenged by anybody in Greece or in here.The statements afterwards are for show and to cover up their own prive agendas or incompetence.Either they know that Olympiakos was wrong and fight about it or they just talk so they can cover themselfes to their fan base but to all you "opened minded for the truth people", is just Kokkalis and Gagatsis fault.The fact that one day later,Tzigger is talking about letting someone else invest and buy 50% of Pao for the well future of the club or Demis announcement to his players that they will bring their regular team to the playoffs did not raise any questions.It must be the most quiet revolution/answer in the history of the planet against big bad Kokkalis/Olympiakos.

Posted Image

This picture means nothing!! :LOL: :LOL: Just wanted to posted here to show people how "clean" EPO is. For you that might not know ,on the left is the PRESIDENT OF EPO Gagatsis and to the right is the BOSS Kokkalis. This picture was taken Sunday during the Olympiakos -Hraklis game. Good going. :whistle: :LOL: :LOL: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Has anyone found the long explanation by CAS?

ERAsport mentioned this morning that it's 22 pages long. I have only found the press release by CAS.

You mean the text that should serve as jurisprudence? I had posted that one yesterday already, it's somewhere earlier in this thread, and is indeed 22 pages long.

But anyways, here it is again, it's in .pdf, so it might take a while to download, just leave the page open:

Jurisprudence.

I read the entire opinion.

Kalamaria's appeal for injunctive relief was dismissed for failure to name the proper party, SUPERLEAGUE.

AEK and PAO's appeal for intervention was dismissed for failure to follow CAS procedural guidelines (no legal argumentation, no prayer for relief, etc)

CAS found Oly's reqeust for dismissal based on lack of jurisdiction insufficient.

CAS also found Kalamaria failed to make a prima facie case but did not make a ruling on the underlying mater at this preliminary injunctive stage.

Posted Image

This picture means nothing!! :LOL: :LOL: Just wanted to posted here to show people how "clean" EPO is. For you that might not know ,on the left is the PRESIDENT OF EPO Gagatsis and to the right is the BOSS Kokkalis. This picture was taken Sunday during the Olympiakos -Hraklis game. Good going. :whistle: :LOL: :LOL: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

maybe we can get a gavro to give us an explanation :LOL:

interesting sidenote: do you remember meyong ze. the player from belenses lisbon that played for three teams this season. his third team was belenses in their victory vs naval.

at first, the portugese federation decided to deduct 6 pts from belenses for fielding ze. and give the victory to naval on paper. belenses appealed and at the time being they have had no point deducted plus the naval game is still in their standings as a win.

interestingly gavros media were all over the place quoting the case as a reference. everyone is silent now. it will be interesting to see whats the outcome. this case will greatly decide whether belenses will make the uefa cup or not.

how come in greece we were so quick, when the portugese situation is still in limbo? why didnt we keep the initial bathmologia as they have in portugal...

how come in greece we were so quick, when the portugese situation is still in limbo? why didnt we keep the initial bathmologia as they have in portugal...

Because Greek sports media, EPO and the entire Greek football structure suck.

EPO should have been an advocate for the integrity of the league. PSAT should have been defending the player tooth and nail. Superleague should be fighting for "games played on the pitch".

Instead, everyone went into "rules are rules" mode to accommodate one team that cannot accept losing.

Is there a person who believes this case would have ended this way if the club roles were reversed?

I finally read the entire 22 page of reasoning of the CAS panel and it's an eye opener.

First I should say that IMO, and based on the reasoning for rejecting the emergency measures, Kalamaria's appeal has no future. They can pursue it, but without well constructed supporting arguments they won't get any favorable decisions from CAS.

CAS rejected the emergency measures primarily because Kalamaria "on a prima facie basis, did not succeed to satisfy the onus required by the Panel that there exists a reasonable possibility that the appeal has sufficient likelihood of success"

Well, Kalamaria did not really make any attempt to convince the court that they can win the case. They did not present any reasoned argument why they believe the decision was wrong! To the contrary, both EPO and Olympiakos presented the articles of FIFA and KAP that apply (posted in my earlier posts here). So really, since Kalamaria presented no arguments, the panel went with what the were presented with by EPO and Olympiakos.

Also, and GreenTitus mentioned this, Kalamaria filed a request for emergency measures to prevent EPO from validating the table. Well, as the panel noted, EPO does not validate any tables; it's the Superleague that does, and the Superleague is not an organ of EPO!

The panel also rejected the presence of AEK and Panathinaikos. Neither team really filed an appeal. They just went with some general arguments and AEK even said something to the effect "please let us in, we are affected by this case, we'll get you some legal arguments if you so request" :blink:

CAS actually expressed their curiosity why both PAO and AEK waited until CAS to intervene. Also they noted that EPO's appeal panel took forever to provide their reasons to Kalamaria, and chastised Kalamaria for providing this very document to them in Greek only when they had been notified that all documents needed to be in English. The panel said that this alone was grounds for dismissal.

So there you have it, the championship was decided by the previous life of a journeyman player, the incompetence of EPO, and the disparity of organization of the different legal teams.

Without gettin lost in the legal wrangling, this championship was not decided on the pitch.

Greek SuperLeague has two champions: one de facto, and one de jure.

When the two don't coincide, the structure is rotten.

Gia tetoio PSEMA kai YPOKRISIA milame apo tin EPO tou Gagkatsi. Poso provato nomizi o Gagkatsis einai o kathe Ellinas filathlos?

Do you really want an answer or is it a rhetorical question? :whistle: :LOL:

I finally read the entire 22 page of reasoning of the CAS panel and it's an eye opener.

First I should say that IMO, and based on the reasoning for rejecting the emergency measures, Kalamaria's appeal has no future. They can pursue it, but without well constructed supporting arguments they won't get any favorable decisions from CAS.

CAS rejected the emergency measures primarily because Kalamaria "on a prima facie basis, did not succeed to satisfy the onus required by the Panel that there exists a reasonable possibility that the appeal has sufficient likelihood of success"

Well, Kalamaria did not really make any attempt to convince the court that they can win the case. They did not present any reasoned argument why they believe the decision was wrong! To the contrary, both EPO and Olympiakos presented the articles of FIFA and KAP that apply (posted in my earlier posts here). So really, since Kalamaria presented no arguments, the panel went with what the were presented with by EPO and Olympiakos.

Also, and GreenTitus mentioned this, Kalamaria filed a request for emergency measures to prevent EPO from validating the table. Well, as the panel noted, EPO does not validate any tables; it's the Superleague that does, and the Superleague is not an organ of EPO!

The panel also rejected the presence of AEK and Panathinaikos. Neither team really filed an appeal. They just went with some general arguments and AEK even said something to the effect "please let us in, we are affected by this case, we'll get you some legal arguments if you so request" :blink:

CAS actually expressed their curiosity why both PAO and AEK waited until CAS to intervene. Also they noted that EPO's appeal panel took forever to provide their reasons to Kalamaria, and chastised Kalamaria for providing this very document to them in Greek only when they had been notified that all documents needed to be in English. The panel said that this alone was grounds for dismissal.

So there you have it, the championship was decided by the previous life of a journeyman player, the incompetence of EPO, and the disparity of organization of the different legal teams.

Without gettin lost in the legal wrangling, this championship was not decided on the pitch.

Actually, CAS never got to the underlying matter. They dismissed Kalamaria's appeal for failure to name the property party and AEK/PAO's petitions for failure to follow procedural guidelines BEFORE they ever got to the prima facie issue of Wallners eligibility.

Nonetheless, they did set forth what amounted to an advisory opinion that given the evidence at CAS' disposal, Kalamaria would not be able to meet their prima facie burden.

The panel also rejected the presence of AEK and Panathinaikos. Neither team really filed an appeal.  They just went with some general arguments and AEK even said something to the effect "please let us in, we are affected by this case, we'll get you some legal arguments if you so request"  :blink:

Actually, CAS never got to the underlying matter. They dismissed Kalamaria's appeal for failure to name the property party and AEK/PAO's petitions for failure to follow procedural guidelines BEFORE they ever got to the prima facie issue of Wallners eligibility.

Nonetheless, they did set forth what amounted to an advisory opinion that given the evidence at CAS' disposal, Kalamaria would not be able to meet their prima facie burden.

I'd rather pull out my own eyeballs than read this thing again :D You are right and I failed to make it clear in my post.

CAS mentioned all the different ways why this "emergency measures" was so dismissible, but that they did nonetheless go ahead and looked at it anyway, and in the end it did not even meet the three criteria that would allow it to stand, first and most important was making a prima facie case etc.

Reading the decision I did not see anywhere Kalamaria's legal position. Besides the emotional appeals there must be a reasoned argument based on legal grounds that would give them a chance to convince the panel. Any good lawyer should be able to find a good angle to push. I don't think Kalamaria's lawyers have one, unless they keep it a secret to surprise everyone in the actual appeal hearing later on...

I'll tell you what-if any of Kalamaria's attorneys were working for me, they wouldn't have a job today. It's absolutely inexcusable to not name the proper party. Not even a first year law student would make that mistake.

As far as reasoned legal arguments, I wonder how much epo's failure to render an opinion with their ruling had to do with it? After all, how can Kalamaria write an appeal when they don't know what they're appealing?

Guest TheLegend

I'll tell you what-if any of Kalamaria's attorneys were working for me, they wouldn't have a job today. It's absolutely inexcusable to not name the proper party. Not even a first year law student would make that mistake.

As far as reasoned legal arguments, I wonder how much epo's failure to render an opinion with their ruling had to do with it? After all, how can Kalamaria write an appeal when they don't know what they're appealing?

Kolokotronis. Its epos fault kalamaria was rejected by cas? get over it? they broke a fifa rule. fifa sets rules u cant break them because ur playing olympiacos and they dominate the greek championship..

ante gia xanoumakia ;)

Kolokotronis. Its epos fault kalamaria was rejected by cas? get over it? they broke a fifa rule. fifa sets rules u cant break them because ur playing olympiacos and they dominate the greek championship..

ante gia xanoumakia ;)

Is that all you were able to surmise from my post?

I gather you're relatively young from the tone ad content of your posts. At least I hope so, because there is no other way to explain some of the nonsense you post here.

First and foremost, CAS NEVER ruled the player ineligible, at least not yet.

Secondly, the entire gist of my post was how EPO egaged in fraudulent, deeptive, and obstrucionist conduct during this matter.

What about the above don't you understand? Would you like me to explain it in Greek?

As far as dominating the league, hahahaha, in the same manner that Dynamo Berlin "DOMINATED" the East German league a few years back? The provata are starting to sound eerily similar tho the supporters of Juve, Dynamo, Marseille, etc.....

The DOMINANT team is the one pou sas voulose 4-0.

Ante Geia kai tou xronou.

Elpizo tin epomeni fora na ferte kai sovari omada sto OAKA. Gia proponisi exoume tin Anagennisis Karditsas.

Archived