Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

so what would it be considered if u won by 1 point?

What about that goal you scored on us that went out 1 foot?

And then you guys complain about referring...

its amzing you say... listne to this...

ITS CORRUPT THAT A ILLEGAL PLAYER PLAYED AND THE TEAM GOT PUNISHED, ONLY IN GREECE DO ILLEGAL PLAYERS GET PUNISHED?

Portugal and scotland same thing... so its alright stop moaning because in the end you got 1 point and we lost

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Kalamaria appealed the EPO decision giving Olympiakos three free points?

Kalamaria is still waiting for the official statement of the court in which the reasoning for this decision is beeing made. After that they will consider the whole situation.

Already Walner the player who is the subject of this whole issue has appealed according to my information to the FIFA. According to the reports he has the support of the Austian Football Assosiation's lawers.

In all this, poor Wallner has lost his job (and probably income, and place in the NT) for a while. I keep forgetting about him.

What a joke this must be for Roman Wallner. He did nothing wrong, he said Kalamaria checked with EPO to make sure before using him ( http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=83...51&pubid=878058 ), and then he gets punished along with his team.

It must be me and my green glasses, but why do I get the feeling that this happened only because it was Olympiakos who lost (L-O-S-T) the game. If it were any other team in their place, EPO would not be jumping through hoops.

Should that mean that the prez of the SL is the one to decide?

I don't care what this idiot says or does. I know that EPO!!!! gave permission for Walner to play, and then they realize they made a mistake (?) and they punish the player and his team!!!! IF this isn't totally screwed up I don't know what it is.

PS. Does Tzigger have the power to rule/reverse this? I don't think so. Plus that idiot might want to appear "above all".... :tdown:

the whole league is poorly run, which has come down to this .. this has nothing to do with who wins the league this year or by how much. we get suckered into that & become short sighted & lose sight of the fact that this league is garbage.

yes, the league is garbage, but then a few teams (including big ones) should withdraw in protest, or fix the gaddam thing. Without credibility the sport will fold. I mean why participate when you think the game is fixed?..

On the other hand, there's big money involved. Those who go to CL, UEFA make more money. Kalamaria will lose big $ if they -4 points send them to Div. 2.

If Tzigger, as the prez of the CL, wanted to fix this, he'd be doing more to fix it AND protect his team!!!

Perhaps the only solution is to be ridiculed & slapped by the international community for having such a garbage league. Sometimes change has to come from the outside.

Kalamaria appealed the decision yesterday to the international court.

It's probably not a surprise that the appeals court has yet to publish its official statement 18 days after they gave the game to Olympiakos.

Cyber where did you read about the appeal in the CAS from Kalamaria?

Kalamaria appealed the decision yesterday to the international court.

It's probably not a surprise that the appeals court has yet to publish its official statement 18 days after they gave the game to Olympiakos.

Cyber where did you read about the appeal in the CAS from Kalamaria?
I heard it on Supersport1 this morning.

BTW, these three free points awarded to Olympiakos were huge. if this is overturned, Olympiakos is only one point ahead with a game @AEK to play! I am not sure we should be writing out epitaph just yet...

You know I can't let go of this issue. :P

It's going to cost our team the title this year, and will put us in a tailspin at the start of next season. If we finish second we'll start playing CL qualification games in mid-July, which means we have to start our off-season training in late June, which means many of our players who will play in EURO will never get a breather.

So, I was really curious why the EPO appeals court never produced its official argument for the decision they made on March 5 (today is March 23); that's 18 days after the court convened and counting.

I am not sure if Kalamaria has appealed to Court of Arbitration of Sports (CAS) or another body (the tv report did not mention) but if it is with CAS, EPO's appeals court might be trying to undermine Kalamaria's efforts at an appeal to a higher authority:

"R49 Time limit for Appeal

In the absence of a time limit set in the statutes or regulations of the federation, association or sports-related body concerned, or of a previous agreement, the time limit for appeal shall be twenty-one days from the receipt of the decision appealed against." http://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitrage_reglem...5-0-1089-7-1-1/

So Kalamaria has 21 days to appeal EPO's decision. With the court of appeals delaying the official arguments, one would be justified in thinking that they are stonewalling Kalamaria's efforts at an appeal...

What's the scale of authority here?

Is EPO obliged to follow any ruling outside Greece?

I understand Walver has his own reasons to appeal and further his career, but this is a bad joke. Why isn't EPO exposed for its own incompetence and wrong-doings?

Seriously. :whistle:

So, I was really curious why the EPO appeals court never produced its official argument for the decision they made on March 5 (today is March 23); that's 18 days after the court convened and counting.

I am not sure if Kalamaria has appealed to the CAS. I have yet to find details on the report I heard on supersport1 this morning in "wra twn protathliton".

If it's CAS, I am not sure how it would work. CAS is an arbitration court and in their provisions they state that anyone can file

"An appeal against the decision of a federation, association or sports-related body may be filed with the CAS insofar as the statutes or regulations of the said body so provide or as the parties have concluded a specific arbitration agreement and insofar as the Appellant has exhausted the legal remedies available to him prior to the appeal, in accordance with the statutes or regulations of the said sports-related body." http://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitrage_reglem...5-0-1089-7-1-1/

Kalamaria exhausted their court options in Greece, but I don't think there is a regulation in the KAP that allows for appeals in the CAS, nor do I think EPO and Kalamaria have concluded a specific arbitration agreement.

I do think their decisions are binding because FIFA seems to respect them (and beach about them here and there), but I am not sure.

I'll wait the next few days to get details on Kalamaria's appeal.

In the mean time I tried to put the case in a nutshell here: http://panathinaikosfan.blogspot.com/2008/...game-to-be.html

Archived