CUP game: OSFP-PAO

Tsoglani

What PAO will do in Karaiskaki?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What PAO will do in Karaiskaki?

• *PAO wins and goes through
    • *Tie, they play again at Leoforos
    • *Gavroi win and advance

I know the cup is way under valued, but we're talking about a derby between two contenting teams. What do you think? [let's discuss all pertaining stuff about the cup game in this thread]

This game is just a few days apart from the other (and more important) for the leauge. Very interesting, playing gavroi at Karaiskaki twice in a week's time. I voted for a tie in this one, but lots can change in about a month.

LEAGUE game Jan. 13

CUP: Jan 9 or 16 (before or after the league derby)

This raises another very important question:

Do you want the cup game BEFORE or AFTER the league game?!!!

These are the games we all live for. A sudden death game in mid-season is what can keep most of us sleepless for days. But we could OD with two games in a raw. :D

In the old days, fans were always sure that such games would end in a draw so a second game would be played in another packed stadium = more money for both teams. But these days are over. Right?

I want a right-out win in both cup and SL games. A couple of wins against Olympiakos, and advancing as far as the semi-finals into the UEFA cup would make this season soooooo sweet. If this happens, I don't care if AEK wins the superleague :la:

Maybe to make the game more fair?? :P

If the cup game is played on the Jan. 9, I expect both teams to rest players for the SL game.

Well cyber Oly will for sure have to make a choice.

For PAO i would say resting more than what Peseiro does cant be possible.

Since we rotate every game at least 5 players.

Apparently Gonzales shall play his first official game against Kalamaria in January.

So he might be ready to compete in one of the 2 derby's afterwards.

I'd prefer the Cup game first.

I assume that this will go to a tie.

Since money still have worth as it used to have so that there will be a second game afterwards in Leoforos.

See last year against Xanthi.

If the cup game is played on the Jan. 9, I expect both teams to rest players for the SL game.

True, true. I was hoping to see less rotating by January though.

I suspect that Pao might have put in place one of these multi-year plans, so they want to try all the players this year to see who will make the cut next summer...

True, true. I was hoping to see less rotating by January though.

I suspect that Pao might have put in place one of these multi-year plans, so they want to try all the players this year to see who will make the cut next summer...

I already read that Ivanschitz is under observation about his future with PAO cause of his medium games lately. Which quotes following:

It would be interesting to see if Panathinaikos asks for tickets.

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?ar...rticle_id=51821

I think it would be best for our team to play in a completely enemylike atmospaire.

It will make them more stuborn to shut the mouths of the Fans of Oly like they did last year :P

Aswell it will be then a game and not a war which it will probably be if our fans are there aswell.

this will definetly test us especially with 2 away games to the gavroi. its bullshit about the rule changing to knockout instead of a definite 2 legged match but s%$#! happens. Peseiro will play for the draw in karaiskaki for obvious reasons. Although winning there wouldnt be to bad either. this game is in a while and anything can happen. for all we know oly could lose there form and get a few injuries, so i think its a bit to early to judge who wins at this stage. From current form and progress id hate to say it but it looks as if olympiakos will go through due to their high moral from their advance into the last 16 in champions league. But oly have failed to beat us in the last couple of outings between us we never no what might happen.

PAO should go for a win in the SL game, obviously, but I can't decide which is better for us, to play the cup game first or the SL?...

When are they going to decide on the date? Who decides? The clubs? The one with the "edra"?

I don't mind this format, 1 game (and I'm not sure I'd want a second if there's a tie; go to penalty shots).

Honestly they should do away with the cup. Or, better yet, they it should be ONLY for teams not playing in Europe. This way there will be more excitement. Besides, the cup very rarely goes to anyone but the big three. Smaller teams know this and don't care either.

The teams playing in Europe have enough on their plate. Give the other teams in SL and Div 2 a chance to get a title.... :tup:

After watching our recent games, I came to the conclusion that PAO wants to start a new tradition: Win the debies but lose the titles... :band: So, what's the use? I mean sure it feels great to get most points, win, whatever, but in the end we have nothing to show for....

So, we can reach the final in the cup and lose to a lesser team.... :whistle:

I know the cup is way under valued, but we're talking about a derby between two contenting teams. What do you think? [let's discuss all pertaining stuff about the cup game in this thread]

This game is just a few days apart from the other (and more important) for the leauge. Very interesting, playing gavroi at Karaiskaki twice in a week's time. I voted for a tie in this one, but lots can change in about a month.

LEAGUE game Jan. 13

CUP: Jan 9 or 16 (before or after the league derby)

This raises another very important question:

Do you want the cup game BEFORE or AFTER the league game?!!!

BEFORE!

the second game PAO will be more comfortable knowing what to expect!

Archived