Phantis Forums

Ant1 Satellite

Looks like ANT1 is replacing NGTV on the Time Warner Service.

If I were DishNetwork I would be pissed at ANT1. Dish lost Mega and Alter because of the deal ANT1 forced on them and now ANT1 is not even exclusive to Dish anymore in a heavily populated Greek area like NYC.

Yeap does sounds stupid Dish signed Ant1 for 10 years and now Ant1 does this....?

Don't what kind of deal Dish signed with Ant1 but seems like its only for satellite and not the usual of buying the rights for the whole of USA regardless of delivery...

Yeap does sounds stupid Dish signed Ant1 for 10 years and now Ant1 does this....?

Don't what kind of deal Dish signed with Ant1 but seems like its only for satellite and not  the usual of buying the rights for the whole of USA regardless of delivery...

And dish was stupid enough to think Ant1 would be exclusive.... <_<

If they never signed that contract, I think all the channels would still be on 1 platform, with the new ones coming into the same platform.....

Looks like ANT1 is replacing NGTV on the Time Warner Service.

If I were DishNetwork I would be pissed at ANT1. Dish lost Mega and Alter because of the deal ANT1 forced on them and now ANT1 is not even exclusive to Dish anymore in a heavily populated Greek area like NYC.

I don't know how easy installing dishes is in a metropolitan area, and especially in the N.Y. area. Dish Network's 18" size seems difficult for some dwellings. Directv's gargantuan 36" for Greek channels may be out of the question for even more. Having it available through cable could be the only solution for many residents in these areas.

Having said that, I do think that ANTENNA seems to have gotten a lot more out of that deal than Dish network did. If ANTENNA threatened to leave Dish and go to Directv (in order to get that sweet deal), it would have faced the same problems with luring customers that the other Greek channels are facing. Dish should simply have called their bluff.

Having said that, I do think that ANTENNA seems to have gotten a lot more out of that deal than Dish network did. If ANTENNA threatened to leave Dish and go to Directv (in order to get that sweet deal), it would have faced the same problems with luring customers that the other Greek channels are facing. Dish should simply have called their bluff.

I dont think so. If Ant1 would have left, along with the other channels, there would be no more Greek package on Dish.

All the subscribers on Dish would be left with nothing (many subscribe just for the Greek channels). Dont you think they would find out it went to DirecTV and follow it?

I must of signed up for their newsletter a while ago, because I got an Email from Ant1 about them being on Time Warner in both Greek and English. Ill put the English version here:

Press Release

Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey Now Offering Greek Programming from ANTENNA Satellite to More Than One Million Customers

New York -- October 16, 2007 -  Antenna announced today the addition of ANTENNA Satellite, the leading 24-hour Greek Channel, to Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey's digital channel line-up on Channel 546.   

"Antenna's leading Greek content with up-to-the-minute news, general entertainment, reality, movies and sports have made Antenna the top choice of the Greek channels worldwide for Greeks living abroad, network distributors and advertisers. Antenna is once again at the forefront of the very fast growing global digital media market. We are very proud and look forward to provide the additional distribution of Antenna Satellite in New York and New Jersey through Time Warner Cable" said Mr Theodore M. Kyriakou, Vice Chairman of the Antenna Group. 

Antenna Satellite features the content of Antenna TV which is the leading TV station in Greece. The channel is a live 24 hour feed directly from Greece with live News, top rated shows and series, Greek movies, game-shows, music programs and much more.  Special attention has been given to sports as Antenna has secured the exclusive rights for 5 teams of the Greek Soccer Championship featuring an average of 3 live games a week and more than 70 games per season.

About ANTENNA

Antenna is the leading Greek media group. The company owns and operates Antenna TV, which is the leading television broadcast network and producer of television programming in Greece and the Greek speaking world. Antenna also owns and operates Antenna FM and the publishing company Daphne Communications. Antenna Pay TV operates and distributes the Channel internationally in the US, Canada, Australia through Foxtel, Optus, Austar and SelecTV and throughout Europe in more than 44 countries.

About Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey

Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey serves over 1.4 million customers in four NYC boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and western Brooklyn), Mt. Vernon, Hudson Valley (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster Counties and parts of Dutchess, Greene and Delaware Counties) and Bergen and Hudson Counties, New Jersey. Visit www.timewarnercable.com/nynj

Our parent company, Time Warner Cable owns and manages cable systems passing approximately 26 million homes in 33 states.  The Company has 14.6 million customers for its various products, including video, high-speed data and residential telephone.  This includes approximately 13.4 million basic video subscribers and more than 6 million customers who purchase more than one product. Time Warner Cable includes some of the most technologically advanced and best-clustered cable systems in the country, with nearly 85 percent of the Company's customers located in five geographic regions: New York, Texas, Ohio, the Carolinas and southern California.  It is the largest cable provider in the nation's two largest cities, Los Angeles and New York.  Leveraging its leadership in innovation and quality customer care, Time Warner Cable delivers advanced products and services such as video-on-demand, high-definition television, digital video recorders, high-speed data and Digital Phone.

TIME WARNER CABLE OF NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY

TEL: 1 800 OK CABLE

That's pretty cool for us Time Warner customers in NY. Anyone get it yet? I am curious to see if the picture quality is improved at all on TW as Ant1 looks pretty bad on dish when compared to Ert (especially during soccer games). If TW decides to bring Ert into the mix then i'm done w/ dish for good as the rest of the channels/radio stations are useless to me since i really only watch news/soccer on the greek channels.

Antenna should make another deal with Cablevision for the rest of New York.The demographics have changed.Many of the Greeks have moved from Queens to Long Island.Cablevision serves LI-Nassau and Suffolk counties.Antenna is about 10 years too late if they wanted to reach a big audience with Time Warner.

Cablevision has 3 millions subs with 70% of their subs subscribing to digital cable.Their area is 3/4 of Brooklyn,100% of LI and the Bronx plus areas in New Jersey,CT and Westchester County

http://www.cablevision.com/cc/index.jsp

The dark blue is CVC country

http://www.optimum.com/io/international/in...ternational.jsp

Ant1 is not replacing NGTV on TWC. They are both on. It is just another smart move from Kuriakou if he is still involved with Ant1. Many apartment building do not allow dishes on the roof. Now at least thousand of more greeks will get Ant1. This should have been done long ago. I bet more greek channels will follow the leader.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived