Phantis Forums

SL-R1 (2007-08): Skoda Xanthi - PAOK

Ziaka

In the first game of the new Superleague season PAOK travels to Xanthi to play Skoda. Tough in tough stadium. Xanthi rarely loses at home. This being the first official game of the season, anything is possible. Hoping for a PAOK win, but will be happy with a tie.

The game will be televise on NET in Greece and ERT World in the rest of the world.

This is shocking news Ziaka. Really feel for him, going to be a big loss to PAOK. As for him being a Vyntra replacement nikosvazelas goumenos is no longer president of PAOK the days of the big Athens teams pillaging our players are, I hope behind us.

Unfortunately an MRI today proved what the doctors have suspected all along. Arabatzis sustained a torn ligament and will be out for 6 months, if not the whole season.

Additional Sznaucner, who would normaly take his place on roght defense is carrying 4 yellow cards from last season and will not be available for the game with Xanthi.

Xanthi is always tough to play on their home pitch. Hoping for win, but I would be OK with a tie. As for Arabatzis, you have to feel for the kid, just when it seemed this would be his breakout season, this happens to him. Ziaka you mentioned the injury occured in practice, was it do to a tackle or just a freak injury?

Guys we msut aim for a win at xanthi, i know their tough at home but they do not have the best team this year!

Paok 2 Xanthi 0

Goals

Vryzas and Illiadis

Zoom I like your attitude man. Ofcourse, we will go for the win, but the fact remains that over the past few years Xanthi have been a tough side to play in their home turf.

Not a good game by PAOK. Even though we had more possesion, we really did not create any chances to score. Xanthi was more dangerous and took advantage of their couple chances to score.

PAOK will have hard time scoring if we keep playing like this.

As a result of this game it appears that Zagorakis is ready to fire Parashos.

We came for the draw and Parashos paid for it with his job. Still defence was good, Fernadez did well. We even managed a couple of pases which is an improvement. Still however relied to much on the long ball in. I would be suprised is Salmon get more than 10 goals this season.

Archived