Phantis Forums

SL-R30 (2006-07): PAOK - OFI

Ziaka

Our last game of the season is against OFI at Toumba. This game will decide if we will play in the UEFA Cup. the only way to accomplish this is to beat OFI, and hope that Panathinaikos wins the Greek Cup, because I see AEK "giving" Panionios the game.

In my opinion the only way we will beat OFI is if Toumba is full. The fans have to come out and support the team. That is the only thing left that can turn things around.

There are many reasons why the fans should fill Toumba:

- This could be the last game played at current Toumba

- This could be the last game PAOK plays in the Superleague (for the next four years at least)

- This could be the last game for Zagorakis in PAOK's jersey

- This is our last chance to play in the UEFA Cup for several years

The game will be televised by Supersport in Greece, and Antenna Satellite/Pacific in Australia and North america.

I can't imagine that toumba will be full for this game either. Would love to see it happen, but I just think the fans have had enough, and are going to let PAOK die a slow death. I really can't see us getting a win here, and I can't see PAOK surviving.

Starting next year and for many years to come there will only be one team making the UEFA Cup from the league, so I guess you're right, this is OFI's best chance to make it. PAOK is in disarray and they will need every help they can get to win this game. Even in this condition, I think PAOK will squeeze out a win.

Players that are not going to play in this game due to cards are:

Arabatzis, Iliadis, Charalambous, Konstantinidis.

In other words we don't have a a right and left defensman. I dread to see Indio playing on the right side. Who's going to play on the left side?

By the way, how are we seventh when we have a better goal difference than Panionios and Ofi?

Because of the games between you two. I just now read that PAOK must win and hope for Panionios loss or tie if the want to go to UEFA.

That's right we must win (that eliminates OFI), and Panionios must not defeat AEK who does not have to play for anything and will probably just show up for the game. In other words we can't make UEFA Cup.

This is possibly the last game for Zagorakis in PAOK's jersey. Toumba should be full for this game, but it probably will not be because the fans are disapointed in the way the team has been run by the front office. I wonder if there will be more than 10,000 fans.

Parashos has his hands tied as far as lineup is concerned since he is missing almost 1/3 of the usual starters. Possible lineup might be:

--------------------- Fernandes ------------------------

-- Melissis, Barcauan, Balafas, Gonzales (Indio) --

Georgiadis, Zagorakis, Mumin, Christodoulopoulos

---------------- Mieciel, Torghelle ---------------------

Yeh, strange if only we played like that every game. Miecel was bad, looks as if he has decided to leave, I hope we are able to sell him and get some $$$ for him.

Bravo to the hanoumia for bending over for Panionios also giftakia.

For us PAOK fans not making UEFA is a secondary concern, given our survival is not guaranteed at this stage, I wonder what kind of team if any we will have next year.

Love the banners against the government as well as PAOK and OFI fans chanting against Athens.

Yeh, strange if only we played like that every game. Miecel was bad, looks as if he has decided to leave, I hope we are able to sell him and get some $$$ for him.

Bravo to the hanoumia for bending over for Panionios also giftakia.

For us PAOK fans not making UEFA is a secondary concern, given our survival is not guaranteed at this stage, I wonder what kind of team if any we will have next year.

Love the banners against the government as well as PAOK and OFI fans chanting against Athens.

its always about Athens

you should have won some more games and not waited to the last game....so keep the chants for your own failures

enough of this complex

that's right Muppet, you guys want Panonios player(s) so you give them the game. Where is the complex. How do AEK get excused from $140m euro debt, Gays and Vazelia all sorts of government help, OTE sponsorship since way back etc and PAOK get no help, still a complex ?? Point is government should not help any team but if they help one they must help all. Giftakia.

that's right Muppet, you guys want Panonios player(s) so you give them the game. Where is the complex. How do AEK get excused from $140m euro debt, Gays and Vazelia all sorts of government help, OTE sponsorship since way back etc and PAOK get no help, still a complex ?? Point is government should not help any team but if they help one they must help all. Giftakia.

oxi re megale!

The POK and the Goverment helps us they buy players from us to help US! :unsure:

"How do AEK get excused from $140m euro debt" oxi re they paid it

I'll tell you how it works!

OSFP gets the league and a nice cheque from CL (kokkalis keeps half and the rest buys playes that can only win greek leagues) :tup:

AEK get a $140m euro debt wiped out and 2nd place every 2nd year meaning a CL spot and money to help pay out the debt and a free stauim to play in :whistle:

PAO get a nice goverment hand out (OTE) and a nice new stadium, and 2nd place every 2nd year so they too can recive some CL money! :D

ARIS get a debit right off but pay the price in 2nd div for a year reward finish 4th! :hypocrite:

Panionios wipe out there debt but keep out of the Athenian clubs way for a while and we will get you in Europe! :hypocrite:

Paok well basically "pare ta arxida mas" is what we get, oh yes and you owe us 40 million euro! :LOL:

A Greek League = the champion winning teams owner owns the soccer pools and his son is in charge of the super league! yasoo ellada :gr:

Sorry I am paok fan and have a complex of Athens!

Well we won, but the win did not mean anything.

Nice goal by Christodoulopoulos. PAOK play well in first half, but in the 2nd half we were anyprakti.

For the record we played with:

• 5 months later...

Archived